Thread: WoWDB Feedback

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Re: WowDB Feedback

I need to pop in here more often to tell Koper and Chaud that they're doing great with WoWDB. ^^u Y'all doing great!

... Now for why I'm actually here <.<

I am curious about the small green dot that is now overlaying the bottom-left corner of my avatar picture. I thought at first that it denoted my online/offline status, but upon logging out of WoWDB (and then MMO-C) I saw the green dot was still there. What is the purpose of it?

Also, I am now unable to delete my own comments on WoWDB. Hovering over or clicking on "Admin links" displays an empty list. (I tried disabling all browser addons; there was no change.)
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2013-05-05 at 12:43 AM.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I am curious about the small green dot that is now overlaying the bottom-left corner of my avatar picture. I thought at first that it denoted my online/offline status, but upon logging out of WoWDB (and then MMO-C) I saw the green dot was still there. What is the purpose of it?
    It is offline/online. I'm not sure why it still showed the dot for you; maybe it has a timeout delay.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You can report posts to have us delete them for now.

WowDB doesn't have the comments, the information. TBH I am annoyed that MMOChamp uses WoWDB when linking things, just makes it more trouble to go look up said item on Wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WoWDB Feedback

The problem is, Kantoro, that Wowhead does not and cannot meet MMO-Champion's needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    [...]The original reason why MMO-C had to create a DB was already mentioned in the thread, Wowhead got too big to be able to work with us and we were stuck with the choice of either doing our own thing, or posting really shitty news. The amount of data processing that goes into patch news requires way too much access than what we could have gotten from another company.[...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    [...]Wowdb was created to replace db.mmo-champion.com which was created because Wowhead refused to work with us years ago and we needed it to run MMO-Champion. There is absolutely no way for a company as big as Wowhead/Zam/Tencent Games to work with MMO-Champion in the first place because it would require us to have access to absolutely everything they have, which is a pretty good reason to refuse[...]
    The full quotes are further up this thread page; I only quoted the parts most relevant to your feedback.

If there is a specific area of the database that especially annoys or frustrates you, please continue to give us feedback. I can't do anything about features (I'm just a peon!) but I will try to squeeze in time to focus on uploading images or providing information for that area.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It is offline/online. I'm not sure why it still showed the dot for you; maybe it has a timeout delay.
    Thanks. Now that I know for certain... can the online indicator be moved elsewhere? It is nicely prominent where it is, but I don't like even a small portion of my avatar being obscured.
    2021-09-21

So every other place I go to for information has wowhead links, where I mouse over the link and up pops the picture and relevant info dialog. But not MMOChamp. Just asking becuz your quotes just said wouldnt work with...exactly what wont they work with, becuz EVERYWHERE else I see links is wowhead. It isn't that WoWDB is bad, it just doesn't have the information that wowhead has, the years of comments from players is what sets it apart. And the pop links, when I see you have listed the new BoA shields, I mouse over it and....nothing. No pop, no useful information. I actually have to click the link and go to a different site, whereas with WoWhead links I get a nice lil pop that shows me the stats and relevant information. Not sure what refused to work with us even means when there are a myriad of other sites that seem to use wowhead links just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    So every other place I go to for information has wowhead links, where I mouse over the link and up pops the picture and relevant info dialog. But not MMOChamp. Just asking becuz your quotes just said wouldnt work with...exactly what wont they work with, becuz EVERYWHERE else I see links is wowhead. It isn't that WoWDB is bad, it just doesn't have the information that wowhead has, the years of comments from players is what sets it apart. And the pop links, when I see you have listed the new BoA shields, I mouse over it and....nothing. No pop, no useful information. I actually have to click the link and go to a different site, whereas with WoWhead links I get a nice lil pop that shows me the stats and relevant information. Not sure what refused to work with us even means when there are a myriad of other sites that seem to use wowhead links just fine.
    MMOC and Wowdb.com do this, I'm not sure what you mean: Check out my Murloc Costume.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowdb.com/zones/5094-blackwing-descent

It has some NPCs in the list that are player-created or caused. Examples: Wind-Up Train Wrecker, Sylvanas' Lamenter, Baby Bunny .

I imagine this isn't the only zone with this problem. Is this a case of where the data must be manually edited?
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Nevermind, I believe it was the original owner of the image who uploaded the screenshot.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2013-05-15 at 03:13 AM.
    2021-09-21

Fixed the listed NPCs, but it is something that is easy for me to fix as I am made aware of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoWDB is listing my comments as posted in Patch 5.2.0 instead of Patch 5.3.0. http://www.wowdb.com/quests/26226-cr...eole?comment=2
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Mantle of the Fire Festival is listed as a reward of Wild Fires in the Eastern Kingdoms. The quest has been obsolete since Burning Crusade. It ought to have a Sold By tab instead.
    2021-09-21

Hid the quest, and the sold by tab will appear a few hours after the event is live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know using the raw link has always resulted in odd punctuation, but it seems to have gone back to requiring double usage of a word after the raw link if I don't want incorrect grammar ("<Link> has has").

I also noticed in a separate comment that inserting two raw links with only one regular word in-between them resulted in a cut-off post. (Ex. "<Link A> and <Link B> <text>" = "<Link A>")
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Both of those test cases worked fine for me, can you point me to an example?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I know using the raw link has always resulted in odd punctuation, but it seems to have gone back to requiring double usage of a word after the raw link if I don't want incorrect grammar (" has has").

I also noticed in a separate comment that inserting two raw links with only one regular word in-between them resulted in a cut-off post. (Ex. " and " = "")
    Use Bold.

Bold the entire URL (BUT NOT THE SPACES AROUND IT) and then it will parse great. Additionally, bolding the URLs substantially improves readability IMO.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Both of those test cases worked fine for me, can you point me to an example?
    Both cases occurred on the Golden Lotus faction page. The first case was comment #7, and the second was #6. I forgot to add in my earlier post that force-refreshing the page did not solve my problem; had to insert redundant words to fix them.

As a side note for #7, I had to refresh the page every time after editing it because the spoiler button wouldn't expand.
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed that bold fixes the comment you linked, Alayea.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Confirmed that bold fixes the comment you linked, Alayea.
    Alright, will do. Thanks!
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a particular reason the delete option for comments disappeared? I would like to have it back, if possible.
    Urwenn