Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really enjoy MoP, and so do most of my friends. And even as an asian themed expansio, there's a lot of variety. The zones all have very different landscapes (except Dread Wastes which is Townlong but with sha corruption everywhere). We see various forms of architecture. Don't like the flashy stuff in jade forest/vale? That's fine, how about the villages in Krasarang and Valley? The mantid archtecture? The bits of zandalari we've seen? Hozen and Jinyu? I don't think it's a problem at all, and heck, in 5.3 and 5.4 we won't even be on Pandaria for the main content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Asian theme is fine, but they could have done a better job at the pandaren's story-line. It's sad that I find the mantid or mogu far more interesting than the pandaren, I had my doubts that they could make the pandaren fit in like the other races do. And so far, they really do feel like the odd one out.

Worst part is that the pandarens story is all centered around telling what once was, not that much on what is and what's to come. The "factions" of pandaren joining the horde and alliance you don't hear anything about after the starting zone of the pandaren for example.
    So what's going to happen to the pandaren story after MoP I wonder, will it simply be left as is ?
    What happens to every faction after their respective expansion? When was the last time we've heard of the Aldor and the Scryers. What about the knights of the ebon blade? Most faction are relevent for their xpac and thats that really...

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=4639485
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Now, where exactly did you knew that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Yeah man, let's just keep everything the same ad infinitum and never exhibit any signs of progression, change, or diversity.

Great thinking! It's a wonder why you don't work for Blizzard; they could use a young go-getter like yourself.
    For a sec i thought you were replying to the mods editing out his crazy "mod" edit....I actually liked it was fun and dunny...

Anyways OT i was about ready to perma drop WoW till MoP. The pandaren brought me back i bloody love them have since WC3.

In my view the game is at a very polished state right now. Yet... for some reason this is the expansion that got me to quit? Seems a bit weird. But I have totally lost interest in this game now. But really, WoW will never be as good as vanilla. Ever. It was so damn good. So epic. Everything new, the whole MMO experience was new to me. The whole world of Warcraft, it's lore, it's classes, it's content, it's game mechanics. The gap between hardcore raiders and pvpers and casual players was greater too, and that gave the whole experience a level of epicness that isn't there today. Today I know everything there is to know about the game. Nothing is epic or mysteriosu anymore, and that makes the game less good. And, whatever they pull, they can never re-create that. Even if the game probobly is better today from a strictly objective point of view - technology wise, gameplay wise, etc.

Sad, really. Hopefully this next-gen MMO "Titan"-project will be something really new and fresh, as nobody has been able to re-create the epicness of vanilla WoW as far as I know, having played such MMO-titles as swtor, gw2 and a little bit of warhammer online and eve online. I don't know, maybe it's because I was like 15 when vanilla WoW came out, maybe as an adult I will never be able to feel the same epicness I felt back then in a fantasy world of a game. Sad, if that's the case. Maybe one day, when they invent a game were you put on a helmet and walk around in first-person in the within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    In my view the game is at a very polished state right now. Yet... for some reason this is the expansion that got me to quit? Seems a bit weird.

[snip]
    Actually that's not weird at all. That's precisely the feeling I had of what was happening to me during Cataclysm.

I remember it clearly via a conversation I was having with my guild. We were running Halls of Remembrance (I believe it's called). The Uldum one. Then the following happened:

Guild leader: I've really got to hand it to Blizz, they perfectly tuned ALL these encounters in the dungeons to need strategy and planning!
    Me: Yup - I've noticed we needed very specifically placed CCs and spacial awareness with most of these encounters, not just the bosses. They definetly tuned that straight up.
    ((turns off mic))
    Me: ...but... despite that, why is it I'm so completely BORED to death!?

My answer was simple: Wrath of the Lich King LFD changed my standards of what fun is.

I played since Vanilla and NEVER had a problem with CCs and what-not. It wasn't until Wrath LFD that I learned the lesson that "time consuming challenge =/= fun". Now, I couldn't go back to that ever. >_<

So, perhaps your feeling is that. Blizz definitely tuned things very well, but maybe they're tuned into a type of game design you really don't like or don't like anymore.

If by bad idea you mean great idea, then yes. Totally.

Edit:

Warcraft is full of diverse cultures and backgrounds and races, etc. To assume that they'd all be based on "western" culture is just plain stupid and boring.

Just as silly as hating on Pandaren because they're "childish" ... those people really need to get over themselves.
    Last edited by BatteredRose; 2013-05-05 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    In my view the game is at a very polished state right now. Yet... for some reason this is the expansion that got me to quit? Seems a bit weird. But I have totally lost interest in this game now. But really, WoW will never be as good as vanilla. Ever. It was so damn good. So epic. Everything new, the whole MMO experience was new to me. The whole world of Warcraft, it's lore, it's classes, it's content, it's game mechanics. The gap between hardcore raiders and pvpers and casual players was greater too, and that gave the whole experience a level of epicness that isn't there today. Today I know everything there is to know about the game. Nothing is epic or mysteriosu anymore, and that makes the game less good. And, whatever they pull, they can never re-create that. Even if the game probobly is better today from a strictly objective point of view - technology wise, gameplay wise, etc.

Sad, really. Hopefully this next-gen MMO "Titan"-project will be something really new and fresh, as nobody has been able to re-create the epicness of vanilla WoW as far as I know, having played such MMO-titles as swtor, gw2 and a little bit of warhammer online and eve online. I don't know, maybe it's because I was like 15 when vanilla WoW came out, maybe as an adult I will never be able to feel the same epicness I felt back then in a fantasy world of a game. Sad, if that's the case. Maybe one day, when they invent a game were you put on a helmet and walk around in first-person in the within the game.
    Not trying to hate here; but please post after you are able to tell the difference between new and old. And to be honest "project titan" would only make sense if it was something implemented in wow. Don't expect them to kill their own game with a new mmo that they can't count on to be succesfull.

The only thing I dislike about it is the lack of some gear diversity, so many helmets look like those large straw hats, which gets old very fast imo.

Really? I've barely seen any straw hats outside of a white cloth hat and the Shado Pan transmog item.
    Continuing their partnership with netease and bringing MoP to China does not equal catering to asian players. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Actually that's not weird at all. That's precisely the feeling I had of what was happening to me during Cataclysm.

I remember it clearly via a conversation I was having with my guild. We were running Halls of Remembrance (I believe it's called). The Uldum one. Then the following happened:

Guild leader: I've really got to hand it to Blizz, they perfectly tuned ALL these encounters in the dungeons to need strategy and planning!
    Me: Yup - I've noticed we needed very specifically placed CCs and spacial awareness with most of these encounters, not just the bosses. They definetly tuned that straight up.
    ((turns off mic))
    Me: ...but... despite that, why is it I'm so completely BORED to death!?

My answer was simple: Wrath of the Lich King LFD changed my standards of what fun is.

I played since Vanilla and NEVER had a problem with CCs and what-not. It wasn't until Wrath LFD that I learned the lesson that "time consuming challenge =/= fun". Now, I couldn't go back to that ever. >_<

So, perhaps your feeling is that. Blizz definitely tuned things very well, but maybe they're tuned into a type of game design you really don't like or don't like anymore.

I feel bad for you dude. I am sorry but imo you are spending way too much time on wow forums for a person who quit wow. Maybe try joining a good guild, try improving, theorycraft, gear your alts, do rbgs? If you have so much time spending on telling people how you quit wow, you probably have nothing better to do than activating your wow account.

That is if you don't consider posting negative s**t on forums being an attention whore and making people feel bad for playing a game an ego boost. Looking at your sig it might be possible that you do though..

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is probably the best expansion thus far. Hardly a mistake.

Yes it was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a Asian theme. This is World of Warcraft, not Medieval demon vikings of Warcraft.
    Unfortunately the message MoP sends is anything but, it's World of China, it is NOT diverse and another word also goes missing somewhere along the way between fighting rabbit vermin and beer elementals, oh that's right the WARcraft part. This entire expansion preaches silly halfbaked philosophy with ideals of peace smeared all over them. The supposed "heated" conflict between alliance and horde is based on a weak garrosh storyline which culminates in cooperation to kill "bad feelings and anger" for the sake of PEACE. And yes, the world of warcraft has always been in a medieval western setting, incorporating eastern aspects is fine (they've done so before) basing EVERYTHING in an entire expansion on the east, including actual philosophical Buddhist ideals in a game revolved around killing was downright retarded.,
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-05-05 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes it was a bad idea.

Unfortunately the message MoP sends is anything but, it's World of China, it is NOT diverse and another word also goes missing somewhere along the way between fighting rabbit vermin and beer elementals, oh that's right the WARcraft part. This entire expansion preaches silly halfbaked philosophy with ideals of peace smeared all over them. The supposed "heated" conflict between alliance and horde is based on a weak garrosh storyline which culminates in cooperation to kill "bad feelings and anger" for the sake of PEACE. And yes, the world of warcraft has always been in a medieval western setting, incorporating eastern aspects is fine (they've done so before) basing EVERYTHING in an entire expansion on the east, including actual philosophical Buddhist ideals in a game revolved around killing was downright retarded.,
    So Vashjir was Medeival?

Throne of the Four Winds was Medeival?

Uldum was Medeival?

Outlands itself was Medeival?

Northrend was Norse Themed by the way.

Here's the fact of the matter: just because you do not like the theme and can't actually dig up good enough points to trounce the expansion doesn't make it bad.

I have seen your multitude of posts about the pandaren too, and just because you think they look dumb doesn't mean they don't belong in the universe.

I don't think Tauren should belong because they're the stupidest looking race in WoWs history. Same with Draenei, gnomes, and even trolls.

Another Fact: opinions are opinions, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes it was a bad idea.

Yes it has its silly enemies in the alementals and virmin... in one zone. Krasarang, Jade Forest, Kunlai, Townlong, Dread Waste and onward have 'serious' stories. We have ONE silly dungeon and ONE silly zone. Not diverse? Take a look around pandaria, there's quite a bit of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So Vashjir was Medeival?

Throne of the Four Winds was Medeival?

Uldum was Medeival?

Outlands itself was Medeival?

Northrend was Norse Themed by the way.

Here's the fact of the matter: just because you do not like the theme and can't actually dig up good enough points to trounce the expansion doesn't make it bad.

I have seen your multitude of posts about the pandaren too, and just because you think they look dumb doesn't mean they don't belong in the universe.

I don't think Tauren should belong because they're the stupidest looking race in WoWs history. Same with Draenei, gnomes, and even trolls.

Another Fact: opinions are opinions, too.

Here's an opinion. This expansion was boring, and I cancelled. Everything feels like I'm spoon fed, and it's kind of insulting. Enjoy your bland pie.

Deleted
    I think Wotlk and MoP are the best expansions ever, they gave you the wow feeling when you first entered those new zones.

TBC, Cataclysm didn't have that feeling at all, however t11 heroic is still one of my favorite tiers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSimmons View Post
    Here's an opinion. This expansion was boring, and I cancelled. Everything feels like I'm spoon fed, and it's kind of insulting. Enjoy your bland pie.
    Actually, MoP feels more like a strawberry swirl pie topped with whip cream.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I only noticed the Asian theme the first few days. Even then, I was pretty ambivalent to it. They could've made the whole expansion look like the pony level in D3 and I wouldn't really care. I just queue from Org anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSimmons View Post
    I shall! I'm logging in now to enjoy myself and have fun more so than I have in any past expansion.

Good day to you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.