Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I realise that in game it's possible. It's a fantasy setting and the creators will do stuff to serve as plot devices.

Just saying though that it doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.
    Agreed, since both life forms have developed from completely different grounds and don't share any common ancestor at any point in the past, it's extremely unlikely for the two different species to be able to procreate.

But where's the fun in that? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Draenomes
    Otherwise known as Smurfs.

Aye. Smurf shaman xD

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Agreed, since both life forms have developed from completely different grounds and don't share any common ancestor at any point in the past, it's extremely unlikely for the two different species to be able to procreate.

Agree, and agree again! Allways fun to see diffrent races mixed!
    And all the possibilities they can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kodos and murlocs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

Hehe - I never said they couldn't have fun together :P Alien sex FTW!

Idk, while every races are humanoids i don't think every combination should be possible, specially as far as some of the more bestial or alien races are concerned. I don't see any issues with elves, humans, dwarves and gnomes breeding with each other since they shouldn't be too farm from each other genetic-wise, exception being maybe Orcs that are somehow compatible with Draeneis, but for the rest Taurens, Trolls, Goblins, Draeneis, Orcs (except the Draenei/Orc match mentioned before) Pandaren shouldn't be compatible with anything but they're species imo, while they're humanoids, they should be too far from each other to be able to form anything, like trying to breed a dog and a cat together for example.

Then you have grey areas like Forsaken (while unable to procreate in the natural sense can still raise the deads of other races as their "children", and Worgens (Half-Human, Half Worg hybrid caused by a magical disease (curse) where its unclear if their children bears the curse or not. Just my opinion.

P.S : Yes i didn't mention Me'Dan on purpose because he has yet to appear in the game or any recent canon material and his character is such a massive clusterfuck of horrible ideas that i really hope they retcon the fuck out of him if they ever make him play a major role in the story.

P.P.S : I also know Trolls are the Elves original form but they also mutated in such a drastic fashion in a pool of magical nuclear energythat i doubt they are really related to each other anymore.[COLOR="red"]

Edit : If we want to be silly, wtb a Gnome with a Pandaren, teddy bears everywhere !
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-05-02 at 03:10 PM.

It's a fantasy world. Anything is possible.

That being said, if one were to apply biological principles to WoW, a lot of races would not be able to interbreed.

Humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves (blood, high, night), worgen should definitely all be genetically compatible. Trolls and ogres possibly could be added to that group.

Orcs should not be genetically compatible with anything because they come from a different planet. Same with Draenei.

The Forsaken are not capable of procreation.

Taurens and Taunka would work.
    Humans, dwarves and gnomes possibly, since they're all titan creations corrupted by the curse of flesh. Worgen are just cursed humans, so not really a different species. Elves on the other hand have no reason to be compatible with any of them, but might be compatible with Trolls due to being related to them and should be compatible with each other. Ogres are from Draenor, not Azeroth.

Tauren, Taunka and Yaungol would probably be compatible.

Orcs are related to Ogres apparently.

Forsaken are technically corpses, so they don't count anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Humans and dwarves shouldn't be able to breed with elves, they're about as related as they are to orcs or draenei, no common ancestors at all. The only plausible ones IMO are human/dwarf, elf/troll, and orc/ogre.

Orcs should not be genetically compatible with anything because they come from a different planet. Same with Draenei.
    Unless they retcon Garona as a whole, this one should be possible. She was born from a Draenei mother and Orc father.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Humans and dwarves shouldn't be able to breed with elves, they're about as related as they are to orcs or draenei, no common ancestors at all. The only plausible ones IMO are human/dwarf, elf/troll, and orc/ogre.
    I'd agree, but there's an Half-Elf Paladin in the lore already (can't remember his name, he's in the alliance main base in Hellfire).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'd agree, but there's an Half-Elf Paladin in the lore already (can't remember his name, he's in the alliance main base in Hellfire).
    I know they exist I'm just saying the two races are as unrelated as humans and orcs and draenei

Goblin and Vrykul?
    Mogu and Gronn?
    Arakkoa and Jinyu?

It gets crazier;

Pit Lord and Faceless One?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Unless they retcon Garona as a whole, this one should be possible. She was born from a Draenei mother and Orc father.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 03:39 PM ----------

It's a hypothetical what-if situation if Azeroth actually followed real world genetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alien space goats can cross-breed with green space-men from another planet. I believe anything is within possibility.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I must serious make concept art of all this hybrids and mixs i seen so far. I will do it at some point!
    Once I posted enough posters or replays that is, fuuu~
    But so far it sounds like it's possibal for any races to be combined with any other races.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    But so far it sounds like it's possibal for any races to be combined with any other races.
    Ant that is supposed to be good?

Deleted
    Not sure if it's said already, but me being a male human IRL, I would totally "hybrid" with a female Draenei. For real.

Deleted
    Incoming dragonman babies as a result of the morbid romance of Jaina and Kalecgos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Incoming dragonman babies as a result of the morbid romance of Jaina and Kalecgos.
    Knaak is going to milk that relationship now that Rhonin is dead.

So we have:

Humans, dwarves and gnomes (edit: and vrykul) that are titan creations affected by Curse of flesh so likely compatible.
    Worgen are humanlike, so they are also part of this group.
    (I shudder at the thought of Troggs and as such will never mention them again)

Blood/High elves are descendants of Night Elves who are descendants of dark trolls and as such BE/HE and NE and trolls are likely compatible.
    Also, let's not forget Naga's and satyrs.

Tauren, taunka and Yaungol are probably compatible.

Forsaken can't procreate so incompatible with all. (then again they are just dead. So forsaken with elf, would likely be race of forsaken with elf then killed and raised again)

Orcs and Draenei are compatible (seen in lore: Garona halforcen)

Pandaren....no idea.....furbolg? ewwww

Goblins, also no idea....have no idea where they cam from either.....related to trolls perhaps?

Then we have garona, med'an and Arator who are living examples showing that orc-draenei and halforc-halfdraenei-human and human-elf is possible.
    So humans can likely procreate with:
    other humans, worgen, vrykul, dwarves, gnomes, high/blood elves, night elves, satyrs, naga's, trolls, orcs and draenei.
    And basically anything that can be affected by the curse of flesh, so likely titans at some point?

Meaning that if warcraft ever gets a 40k version.....the races will be either Giant orange blob headed humanoids (+t if you get the reference), tauren-mixture, pandarens, goblins and each of those but then undeath.

Either way,......Warcraft is SICK!!!!

EDIT:

also, moon goddes + stag deity = cenarius
    Seeing as how Cenarius resembles a night elf, they might also be compatible....and as such be part of the big:
    Humans, worgen, vrykul, dwarves, gnomes, high/blood elves, night elves, satyrs, naga's, trolls, orcs and draenei group.
    And who'se addition basically allows for dryads to be added to that group and at the very least Moon goddesses and deer deities and possible more (4 legged) animals.
    If Elune is a naaru as Velen implied (man that old geezer has a dirty mind!) you can add them to the group too......
    If titans can be affected by curse of flesh, then they are in too....thus also, sargeras (which is likely, given that Azshara meant to marry Sargeras during WotA)

Suddenly I never want to see warcraft's happy ending. I now sympathise with the burning legion's mission to end all life :|

EDIT 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    As if that is the worst part.....lets not forget Kalecgos's escapade with the SUNWELL!!! (Anveena)
    Norse myths surrounding Loki and sleipnir's conception are nothing compared to Warcraft!
    Last edited by Vasti; 2013-05-05 at 04:15 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande