Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

LFR gave everyone Tier/Trinkets Now it's giving everyone Legendaries...

What is happening to this game? Where is the carrot on a stick?

With the current model everyone can have overpowered trinkets/Tier and now LEGENDARIES. I dont raid Heroics but I sure as hell do not feel entitled to gear similar to what they get save some ilvls. Hell, LFR gives tier gear just like Normal and Heroic (same model same set bonus...).

I remember playing Vanilla and BC and to some extent wrath and seeing all those raiders with awesome gear that looks great. It gave me something to strive for....anyone remember the axe that dropped off C'thun and wishing you could kill that boss because the axe just looks AWESOME. It wasnt just the ilvl it was the actual look of the item...

Say what you will but LFR is horrible from a gameplay standpoint in it's current state. People will start to realize this when everyone is running around with a legendary weapon because they followed the quest chain from wrathion and were able to to queue for a "raid"

If LFR was not removed they either have to make LFR less rewarding (remove tier / Trinkets / Legendaries ) or buff Normal and Heroic mode raiding in other ways OTHER than ilvl (unique transmogs like challenge mode, unique tier , Unique item art , normal/heroic specific pets etc).

This would not be a slap in the face to people running LFR as it would give people someone to strive for beyond an item level and maybe revitalize normal and heroic raiding as a whole by offering a substantial reward for achievements leaps and bounds harder than anything in LFR.

This game was never JUST about ilvls till transmog and LFR came into the picture, like it is now, and frankly its getting repetitive and following a doomed course.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-05-07 at 09:41 AM.

another one of these threads again.... qq more or stop playing no one's forcing you

Deleted
    the game is evolving, deal with it

The gems hardly feel like legendaries tbh. They feel more like the rep based rings from ICC.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how you dice it, LFR items are still 20 item levels lower than normals and 33 item levels lower than heroic, and that doesn't even count thunderforged gear. No matter what, you cannot compete on the same level with LFR gear vs normal or heroic gear. So I don't see the issue. What matters it the tag "heroic" not that it is a lower-end version of tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No matter how you dice it, LFR items are still 20 item levels lower than normals and 33 item levels lower than heroic, and that doesn't even count thunderforged gear. No matter what, you cannot compete on the same level with LFR gear vs normal or heroic gear. So I don't see the issue. What matters it the tag "heroic" not that it is a lower-end version of tier gear.
    this is what the game has degenerated to.... Ilvl and "tags" and everyone running around with "legendaries"

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    the game is devolving, deal with it
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    this is what the game has degenerated to.... Ilvl and "tags"
    That's all it ever was, even in classic. Granted, it was harder to get epic gear due to the way end-game was designed, limiting it to an extremely small portion of the playerbase (and those carried by that small portion), but it's always been about the best gear possible. A dungeon set then vs T1 is the same as LFR now vs normal.

The only real difference today is that finally everyone has access to the content at a level they want if they want it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-05 at 08:21 PM.

That's all it ever was, even in classic. Granted, it was harder to get epic gear due to the way end-game was designed, limiting it to an extremely small portion of the playerbase (and those carried by that small portion), but it's always been about the best gear possible. A dungeon set then vs T1 is the same as LFR now vs normal.
    It was NEVER just about about ilvl. Raids had exclusive gear that you could not obtain otherwise with unique looks and item procs.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-05-05 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems you just want a vender that sells you purple items and orange items for 10 gold a piece...Because thats what LFR basically is.
    Did I say that? No. Then don't put words in my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account

With the current model everyone can have overpowered trinkets/Tier and now LEGENDARIES. I dont raid Heroics but I sure as hell do not feel entitled to gear similar to what they get save some ilvls. Hell, LFR gives tier gear just like Normal and Heroic (same model same set bonus...).

I remember playing Vanilla and BC and to some extent wrath and seeing all those raiders with awesome gear that looks great. It gave me something to strive for....anyone remember the axe that dropped off C'thun and wishing you could kill that boss because the axe just looks AWESOME. It wasnt just the ilvl it was the actual look of the item...

Say what you will but LFR is horrible from a gameplay standpoint in it's current state. People will start to realize this when everyone is running around with a legendary weapon because they followed the quest chain from wrathion and were able to to queue for a "raid"

This game was never JUST about ilvls till transmog and LFR came into the picture, like it is now, and frankly its getting repetitive and following a doomed course.
    The countless LFR whinefests that litter these forums are far more annoying than anything about WoW itself.

Do you people who sit around crying about this stuff honestly not realize how pathetic it is that you're sitting at a computer, red-in-the-face mad over how much of a video game people BESIDES YOURSELF can play? It isn't like you went to college for 7 years to get your job, and now your company hires high school drop outs and pays them the same wage/salary you make.

It is a video game. It isn't real, in case some of you lost sight of that. The 'prestige' of it isn't real. When you die, is 'cleared heroic DS before the nerfs' going to be on your tombstone?

Find something meaningful to take pride in, like your marriage/relationship, your kids, your job. Sitting around pissing and moaning and bitching over the FAKE ITEMS that people can eventually equip their FAKE CHARACTERS with is stupidity of the highest order. I couldn't imagine being so childish and petty.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-05-05 at 08:37 PM.

Heres a thread thats going somewhere.....

Did I say that? No. Then don't put words in my mouth.
    I apologize and edited my post.

But it seems like the "ilvl is all that matters crowd" are the ones that do not have a problem with LFR and LFR is absolutely horrible for this game. When you have trinkets, for example, in LFR that are BIS above heroic and thunderforged items rewarded to people pushing a button to queue up there is definately a problem.
    Last edited by ManOluck; 2013-05-05 at 08:31 PM.

It was NEVER just about about ilvl. Raids had exclusive gear that you could not obtain otherwise with unique looks and item procs.
    Blizzard is a business. Business' that wish to remain in business don't make a habit of excluding 95% of their population just to please some special snowflakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Blizzard is a business. Business' that wish to remain in business don't make a habit of excluding 95% of their population just to please some special snowflakes!
    last I checked the game was GROWING in populatary without LFR back in BC and vanilla.

If you can get what you want, and there are challenges to be had, what's the problem?

Keep in mind that I don't consider "Look at the shiny armor I have that you don't have, ha ha" to be a worthwhile motivation. Also keep in mind that my valuation of something has literally nothing to do with whether someone has or does not have that thing as well, and I literally cannot comprehend why someone would like something less because someone else has it as well. (If the intent were to sell the item, I would understand, but I don't understand why I should feel worse about getting gear for my monk just because someone else can get it too.)

10+ Year Old Account

poor sad child, plz stop playin and leave ppls to enjoy in game...

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-06 at 01:53 PM.

During Vanilla WoW a very small portion of the player base was able to raid enough to get that cool looking gear. People that had major real life commitments couldn't devote the time necessary to go on those raids. Those people paid the same $14.99 a month that the raiders paid. This model extended into Burning Crusade, where only a small percentage of the player base got to see the end game content, again all while paying the same amount that the hardcore raiders were paying. As things stand now LFR allows players with tight schedules to run the content and get gear that is 20 to 33 ilvls lower than what the hardcore players get. Heck LFR doesn't even allow you to get Thunderforged gear, and that's fine.

So someone has gear that looks like yours, I don't see how this is a big deal. All it means is that you can't lord it over people who don't have the time to do the things that you do.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop QQing the game changed for the better
    Legendarys for everyone who puts in some effort yay!
    Not like there were any rogues without Daggers during DS right?
    Everyone and their granny had those.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have trinkets, for example, in LFR that are BIS above heroic and thunderforged items rewarded to people pushing a button to queue up there is definately a problem.
    Every item in LFR is an exact, lower-level copy of items in normal and heroic. There's no LFR trinket that's BIS over its own normal or heroic or thunderforged versions.