Thread: Horridon

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horridon

We're 2 months into 5.2, and my guild is still stuck on 1/12N. We can't seem to down Horridon. Would love if anyone could look into the loggs, and help us.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2552&e=3099

10+ Year Old Account
    Please... read the other several threads here about this. The problems are usually very similar and usually either people not dpsing things in order (AOEing or doing dps on Horridon), not interrupting the elites, standing in bad things.

I agree, every other thread has indepth stuff about this.

It boils down to hit the right stuff > interupts > dispel

Get those 3 right and assuming you aren't doing 20k dps / hps the boss should die.

Looked at the attempts so many problems I don't wanna be a dick but the talent just isn't there. Replace the dps warrior and the frost mage low dps for getting to Wargod it will help if you enforce a 70k dps min req. Or at least teach them to cleave correctly both those class/specs are very good at cleaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that ur tank came third in dps could be part of the problem...but im just speculating...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the fact that ur tank came third in dps could be part of the problem...but im just speculating...
    Hardly, considering that a tank relatively easily can pull over 300k on Horridon (might be a bit harder on normal, but still doable). Really though, at a glance the only somewhat decent player in your raid seems to be your hunter (doesn't stand in that much crap, deals half decent dps), everyone else really needs to step up their game (simply reading some basic guide here on mmo-champ or elsewhere would go a long way for most, they simply don't know the basics).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-05 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Hardly, considering that a tank relatively easily can pull over 300k on Horridon (might be a bit harder on normal, but still doable). Really though, at a glance the only somewhat decent player in your raid seems to be your hunter (doesn't stand in that much crap, deals half decent dps), everyone else really needs to step up their game (simply reading some basic guide here on mmo-champ would go a long way for most).
    He didn't pull 300k, he pulled 75k and outDPSed 3 people with 74, 59 and 57 respectively. The point is their DPS is very low and its part of the problem.

@OP
    - Your mages and warrior are doing horrible DPS.
    - Your healers are doing horrible HPS and using the wrong spells
    - Tanks aren't holding aggro well enough, DPS are getting hit by mobs too much
    - You're dying a lot to the boss' cleave (which is really bad) and to lack of dispels on important debuffs which is mostly healers' fault
    - On the gates many of your members, including tanks, are standing in the bad stuff (Sandtraps, near Lightning totem, Frozen Orb) etc.

Fixing the tank aggro and DPSers' DPS issues will start a chain reaction that makes it easier for healers in turn to heal which makes it easier to survive the other problems. Fix that aggro and DPS first and go from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on... your DPS is AOEing, isn't it? Your hunter's Serpent Sting and Imp SS damage is high in relation to Explosive Shot, etc. Focus fire the adds. Don't AOE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    He didn't pull 300k, he pulled 75k and outDPSed 3 people with 74, 59 and 57 respectively. The point is their DPS is very low and its part of the problem.
    Yes, my point was that a tank being high or even topping the dps meter isn't necessarily a bad sign, it's quite normal in the current content (I top the majority of our kills, and the only fight where I'm not top 3 is megaera). That their dps is atrocious is apparent and obviously part of the issue (well, as you stated, pretty much everything is horrible).

Hold on... your DPS is AOEing, isn't it? Your hunter's Serpent Sting and Imp SS damage is high in relation to Explosive Shot, etc. Focus fire the adds. Don't AOE.
    Aoeing/cleaving is perfectly fine on most gates, especially if it doesn't have a huge impact on your single target dps (like a surv hunter applying sting with a multishot), and hardly the cause of their problems. At all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thrill of the hunt + Multshot is incredibly powerful on horridon for that very reason. Blanket dotting the adds for a very cheap cost is highly worth it with the amount of damage SS is doing now.

You should only use it to keep SS up though, not to spam it every GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Yes, my point was that a tank being high or even topping the dps meter isn't necessarily a bad sign, it's quite normal in the current content (I top the majority of our kills, and the only fight where I'm not top 3 is megaera). That their dps is atrocious is apparent and obviously part of the issue (well, as you stated, pretty much everything is horrible).
    It's fine to top the dps on horridon towards the end of the fight because you are hitting a boss that grants bonus damage. You shouldn't be beating the dps on the early gates where the boss isn't taking extra damage. Context is important.

I would suggest getting a little bit more gear. One mage with an itemlevel of 484 is just not enough for ToT. The fights in ToT are pretty tough and I think you will have problems later on anyway. Do your LFR every week and maybe do some runs on terrace or hof. I think you should at least have a raid ilvl of nearly 500 to be able to progress in ToT. Especially if you are not super hardcore players.

The other tips have been mentioned really often here on the forums. Focus stuff, don't AoE (but do cleave damage of course), kick all the bad stuff, don't stand in stuff, dispell.

Deleted
    Any tips for me? Im the Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    Im always top dps, 190-210k normal, 10man.(prot warr)
    So you're speculating is wrong.

Edit. Yes, like someone above me said, context matters, ALOT :P

I fail at reading WoL so I just say what I do on my Ele Shamy on Horridon.

Keep Flame Shock on Horridon, the dmg adds up. Keep the Fire Totem up (Magma, Searing, FE). Use CL when there are more than 3 adds stacked together. Stun the Poison Volley, if there are 2 Priests we always mark the main target one and I just stun the other. Nuke Horridon while running to the next gate. Don't stand in shit and throw a HTT when the healers need help. After the four doors nuke Horridon and enjoy the numbers.

edit. Oh ya you probably have to kill Warlord Jalak or whatever that last troll is called. When he lands use Heroism and nuke him down.

Heya Realm Buddy!
    Take a look at http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68476#comments:id=1828622 (bah, it won't let me post the url properly) and see if any of those pointers get you going. When struggling with the numbers, perfect execution becomes key to be able to do fights like these...
    You need your people focused 100% on kill priority order and interrupts/dispels.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-06 at 11:14 AM.

Is this your Guardian tank? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ozgny/advanced

I'm not sure if any other the others actually checked the gear of your raiders, but wow his is... bad. He is using a 450 iLev weapon, you can get a 463 one from Archeology or even HCs, I seriously can't believe he is using a 450 weapon to do ToT. Why can't he do the Treasure scenario, get some coins, spam ToES LFR and get the staff? He hasn't even bothered doing ToT LFR even though he can get fucktons of upgrades there, it's just slack of epic proportions >_< 458 cloak and head? I mean seriously? He bloody needs it if you guys are ever hoping to get further in ToT. You are having so many problems because your raiders don't seem to give a shit about their characters' gear, which DOES matter, especially for a more casual guild. I honestly honestly mean it when I say, you guys as a guild should just all sign up for LFR one evening a week and you'll get much more experience out of it than wiping 10 times on Horridon.

Think about him replacing his head/cloak with a 502 LFR piece, 44 iLev off one upgrade, 52 iLev upgrade with a wepaon (chance of two dropping in ToT LFR, run ToES LFR with coins a few times and with the increased droprate he'll get a nice upgrade fast).

He should get using Crit gems (or crit/hit, crit/exp) not Agi. Collosus is shit, he should at least change it to windsong since he obviously wont get Dancing Steel which is best. He also used Savage Defence once in 9+mins. ONCE? He needs to stop using Frienzied rejuv and start using SD, 5mins reading shit online would fix some of his problems, if he cared enough.

I've focused on this druid, simply because it's what I know... but damn there is just no effort at all. Comparing him to you is night and day, you seem to be trying hard.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ryser/advanced your mage. Is he seriously raiding in that gear? Like, really? No effort at all. You need to help em fix stuff or they'll never bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    Is this your Guardian tank? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ozgny/advanced

I'm not sure if any other the others actually checked the gear of your raiders, but wow his is... bad. He is using a 450 iLev weapon, you can get a 463 one from Archeology or even HCs
    Yea there's no excuse to be using that type of weapon in ToT. For 3500 Honor you can get a 470 epic polearm/staff (Just swap your JP into HP).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Any tips for me? Im the Shaman.
    Most important thing, stop taking unncessary damage. Stop standing in things like frost orbs/chill if you are getting aggro.

I've focused on this druid, simply because it's what I know... but damn there is just no effort at all. Comparing him to you is night and day, you seem to be trying hard.
    I took a look at the fury warrior's armory. Quite frankly his gear is all over the place gem/reforge wise. Reading the fury guide here on MMOC or at least quickly breezing through it would probably double his dps. Stuff in ToT after the first boss don't just fall over when you look at it funny. Some basic effort to optimize your character to some small extent is required in addition to at least taking a look at the tactics as well.

A practical tip: tell all your raiders to run their characters through askmrrobot.com and press "optimize". After that read through the respective class guides on these forums.