Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GPU Problems! Please Help!

So I installed a Nvidia 650 ti Boost and 600 wat power supply ( had 610 n 300 wat)

"Nvidia Windows kernel mode driver, version 314.22 stopped responding and recovered successfully"

This usually reloads WoW or crashes it and black screen for a good 5-10 seconds. Same happens for pretty much every game. Now it is at the point where my computer will now even reset

Debating if I should return the card or what I should do. I tried underclocking the GPU Clock/ Mem Clock by 150 MHz. Any help would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    What manufacturer? Did you overclock it at all? did you make sure to completely wipe out old drivers and install new ones before/after installing the card? Have you tried re-installing drivers?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125446
    I believe it comes overclocked.
    I did uninstall all the drivers and reinstalled and nothing changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    I believe it comes overclocked.
    I did uninstall all the drivers and reinstalled and nothing changed
    That's not a 650 ti boost that's just a 650 ti, did you install the drivers for the boost version and not the standard TI model?

That could be, but even if I used the disk and the same problem happened

What brand is the PSU ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    That's not a 650 ti boost that's just a 650 ti, did you install the drivers for the boost version and not the standard TI model?
    They're the same driver. =P

Could be a few things, have a read:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do two things.

1) Return the PSU. It's a terrible brand/quality. A potato would be a better choice. (Not sure why you ignored our previous suggestions for PSU in your older post)
    2) Try using your old 300w PSU. It may push the wattage but it might be worthwhile to try.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-05-02 at 05:13 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I would do two things.

1) Return the PSU. It's a terrible brand/quality. A potato would be a better choice. (Not sure why you ignored our previous suggestions for PSU in your older post)
    2) Try using your old 300w PSU. It may push the wattage but it might be worthwhile to try.
    I was under the impression coolmax was a good brand.

2) Wouldnt using a 300w PSU with this computer blow it up lol

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 04:10 PM ----------

Do you think its the PSU or the GPU or neither :/

So what should i do? I can still return them

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression coolmax was a good brand.
    It is not. Period. You might be confusing "Coolmax" with "Cooler Master", which is a decent brand most of the time.

2) Wouldnt using a 300w PSU with this computer blow it up lol
    Unless it's crappy, no. Your cpu likely only pulls about 30w, the GPU will likely only pull about 70w, and everthing else another 30w. I've run an Core 2 Duo E7500 + 460, which uses more power than your system on a meh 300w. I wouldn't recommend it being the final solution, but good enough for testing.

I would definitely return the PSU, regardless of if it's the problem.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It is not. Period. You might be confusing "Coolmax" with "Cooler Master", which is a decent brand most of the time.

Unless it's crappy, no. Your cpu likely only pulls about 30w, the GPU will likely only pull about 70w, and everthing else another 30w. I've run an Core 2 Duo E7500 + 460, which uses more power than your system on a meh 300w. I wouldn't recommend it being the final solution, but good enough for testing.

I would definitely return the PSU, regardless of if it's the problem.
    Ill returned the PSU. You think I should return the GPU (could that be the problem?)

Geez... The PSU might be (prolly is) not the best out ther ... but it certanly beats most of the kung-fu power supplyes out there . And if it is specced 600w it certainly can deliver @ least 400w which is better than his OLD 300W which is arguably lost some juice.... IT IS NOT THE PSU issue ...
    IT IS on the other hand GPU issue. Most prolly related to NVIDIA drivers. Did you uninstall old drivers completely , than did driversweeper cleanup afterward? Than reinstalled the newest NVIDIA drivers for your GPU (and yes - there are no different driveres for 650-650ti-650ti xyzc -> its all the same package)...
    If the answer is positive - than did you try uninstall yet again and trying 1 version older drivers , even 2-3 different ones. More often than not that solves the trouble... Did you update your DirectX ? And all other software related issues (before sending it back I would even go as far as a clean install of system with clean drivers etc just to make sure)
    It also MIGHT be a genuine hardware issue. A bad sample... It happenes ... But chances of that happening are slim ... I would first try out everything I mentioned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bosla View Post
    Geez... The PSU might be (prolly is) not the best out ther ... but it certanly beats most of the kung-fu power supplyes out there . And if it is specced 600w it certainly can deliver @ least 400w which is better than his OLD 300W which is arguably lost some juice.... IT IS NOT THE PSU issue ...
    Incorrect, simply put. You don't know what you're talking about. That 600w PSU is actually a 400w... across two rails. So its really more like 180w. That's how they get you. But it's not even about wattage. Its QUALITY that matters as well. Coolmax is notorious for crappy parts. Parts that like to explode, or just not function correctly.

IT IS on the other hand GPU issue.
    It might be, but you don't know for sure. Please do not act like you do.

Well Im just gonna return both what do you guys recommend for a Video card? Remember I dont really play any graphic intense games

Yeah, definitely return the PSU. I just helped a friend swap out that exact same PSU after it started making noises and then died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably recommend this card for the same price you got the first one.

I'd probably recommend this card for the same price you got the first one.

You literally linked the same card as I got

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally linked the same card as I got
    I'm aware of this.

EDIT: To be clear, if I were to recommend a card for that price bracket, it would be that card. If in fact the card is the problem, I would just replace it, not look for a different one.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-05-06 at 04:33 PM.