Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Juju is an extremely powerful trinket. I would say use it above the VP/SPA trinket at this point (that is, go with Bad Juju + Renataki's) - which does have a very nice proc to it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been raiding with Vicious Talisman and Bad Juju 522 for weeks now and I can tell you that Juju procs a LOT more often. If you don't need the hit (and I'm sure anyone raiding at least normals doesn't) I'd probably go with any 522 except Talisman of Bloodlust over the SPA trinket.

First of all I would like to say great work on the guide Mihir please keep it up! My question is in regards to the RoRo trinket, my current ilev is 510 and my gear is a mix of 502 LFR and 522 vp pieces. I recently picked up the LFR version of RoRo but I am weary on using it due to the fact that I cannot meet the recommended stat weights in my current gear setup. What is your recommendation for those of us who cant reach 6.5k haste,6.6k mastery and 5.5k crit? Should I run with something like 6.5k mastery 4-5k haste and 3-4k crit which is what I seem to be able to reforge to currently or would it be better for me to just not use the trinket and keep using the ole haste-crit-mastery priority?

Ursola, have you regemmed your gear for RoR (going +320 stats in yellow, 80 agi/160 stats in red, and 160 hit/160 stats in blue) ? If you haven't you won't meet the recommended stat weights.

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting what Mihir says in his guide. The 6.6k, 6.5k and 5.5k numbers are only an example, and not some magical values that you must have to use the trinket. With low gear, and consequently low amounts of secondary stats on it, you will probably want to get as much haste and mastery as you can, leaving crit slightly behind. This is because at those levels haste is still our best secondary stat, and it only starts to run into diminishing returns after around 6.5k.

So, for Ursola's example, let's assume he/she has 6.5k mastery, 4.5k haste and 3.5k crit. You can safely transfer 1k of that mastery into haste to get 5.5k, 5.5k and 3.5k. First of all, this will improve your energy and tigereye stack generation, and boost your dps outside of the Roro procs. Second, it will actually increase the potency of said procs from 6.5k + 2 * (4.5k + 3.5k) = 22.5k mastery to 5.5k + 2 * (5.5k + 3.5k) = 23.5k mastery, or 3.3% extra damage at 10 stacks.

TL;DR: If the sum of your secondary stats is less than 18k, keep haste and mastery almost equal up to around 6.5k value, and don't worry about crit. After 18k, you can keep all 3 stats close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Ursola, have you regemmed your gear for RoR (going +320 stats in yellow, 80 agi/160 stats in red, and 160 hit/160 stats in blue) ? If you haven't you won't meet the recommended stat weights.
    Hey Miuh, i just watched your armory. did you put in the gems so you have a little bit more mastery for the RoR? So you want to have Mastery>Crit but as closest as it gets?

*just watched the first page.....
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-05-03 at 01:13 PM.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    what kinda uptime should i excpet on RoR and Bad Juju, i have about 6750 haste and crit and a bit more mastery and ilvl 522 RoR. According to WoL i have about 20% on both ( +- few % per fight ). Just wondering as many seem to think that thunderforgred normal would be better than heroic. But with 522 i quite often have to use TB without the proc or i would cap on 20 stacks. Will the 6 more ilvls make that big difference?
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-05-03 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Hey Miuh, i just watched your armory. did you put in the gems so you have a little bit more mastery for the RoR? So you want to have Mastery>Crit but as closest as it gets?

*just watched the first page.....
    I try to have the most secondary stats possible so like i said gemming secondary stats. At the moment I have the lowest mastery possible (as useless out of TeB), but it being my highest stat still, so like at the moment I am at : 7680 haste, 7678 and 7683 mastery.

I figured it didnt, but something just occured to me-Does primal nutriment affect Xuen?

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    I try to have the most secondary stats possible so like i said gemming secondary stats. At the moment I have the lowest mastery possible (as useless out of TeB), but it being my highest stat still, so like at the moment I am at : 7680 haste, 7678 and 7683 mastery.
    Damn I envy your gear. Perfect hit, perfect expertise, only 5 points diff between Mastery and Crit. And here I am sitting at 177 points above hit cap

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Damn I envy your gear. Perfect hit, perfect expertise, only 5 points diff between Mastery and Crit. And here I am sitting at 177 points above hit cap
    Try having all this hit. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of it, I'm reforging out of every piece as it stands.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should we be socketing secondary gems as much as possible once we get RoR thus negating the socket bonus on some pieces as well? Specifically for the +60 Agility socket bonus pieces. (320 Mastery worth more than 80+60 Agility and 160 Mastery for instance)
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    Should we be socketing secondary gems as much as possible once we get RoR thus negating the socket bonus on some pieces as well? Specifically for the +60 Agility socket bonus pieces. (320 Mastery worth more than 80+60 Agility and 160 Mastery for instance)
    You're implying that 1 point of mastery is worth more than 0.875 agility. Where did you get those numbers from?

Deleted
    Whats a better idea? go do lfr 6x to spend all my coins to get my rune of origination? or should I save my coins for normal raid (tierset)? monk ilevel 520 yengpeng stormscale eu

Hey guys I started playing my monk again first time since 5.0. My question is... Is combo breaker broken? For 4 lvls 58-62, I've had zero combo breaker procs. Bad RNG or something else?
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    You're implying that 1 point of mastery is worth more than 0.875 agility. Where did you get those numbers from?
    I didn't have specific numbers, just attempting to figure it all out. From that reply though, I can see what direction that goes in. Thanks!
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Hey guys I started playing my monk again first time since 5.0. My question is... Is combo breaker broken? For 4 lvls 58-62, I've had zero combo breaker procs. Bad RNG or something else?
    Combo breaker was our old mastery(so you got it at lvl 80 before) so I don't doubt it doesn't play a huge role in lower levels. It has a significantly reduced proc rate from when it was the mastery even though most reforged out of it.
    Levelling up, things either die too fast or you are aoe'ing(spinning crane kick turns off auto-attack which procs it) so it simply doesn't have a chance to proc.
    You'll probably only see it on dungeons bosses, and that's if your gear even has enough haste.
    Even in decent gear at 90, you're not flooded with procs.

Jab procs CB, not autoattacks. Below Level 80 CB procs are dramatically reduced unless you're attacking with fist weapons or using Glyph of Jab. So just grab that glyph really. It's a minor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    If you can afford to I would gem expertise+secondary in your red gem slots, as this will give you more secondary stats as you can reforge away from expertise. If you can't lose any expertise then nevermind.

Thanks for clearing that up!
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.