Damn i havnt tried Ragnaros yet gotta get on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistbane View Post
    Damn i havnt tried Ragnaros yet gotta get on that.
    It's really really simple, you can pretty much let all Sons hit the hammer without getting any trouble

Hi all, I've now read through this entire thread and it convinced me to start trying, so thanks all! I got down Naxx 10m N, Obsidium Sanctum, and Ruby Sanctum down all pretty easily using tips from these threads. I however; went and tried to do Malygos and hit a massive brick wall. I understand the 1,1,2,3 pattern for the dragon, but I can't seem to get it below 50%. Reading, I'm guessing I'm not doing enough damage during phase one? My question; I don't raid, my guild isn't alive at all, I don't really have time for LFR, so I rely heavily on scenario drops, rep gear, and stuff I can make via black smithing. Reading, apparently I need to get out of the mindset that even though I'm blood, I need more mastery? I should be reforging out of it and reach hit / exp cap and add strength or is my gearing all wrong and I should be looking at DPS gear since what I'm even attempting is still low. I'm sitting at ilevel 473 and I'm guessing I need to stop gemming for mastery as well?

Sorry for all of the noob questions, but I never raided these places so it's an all new experience for me seeing these things and experiencing them for the first time is quite fun.

elune/Syldran is my armory (I can't post links, my apologies) , if anyone could give me any suggestions for gear that's obtainable the ways I listed above, or other ways to change what I'm doing I'd really appreciate it. I'd really like to head into ICC and try that, but I keep hearing that gunship would probably be too hard for my ilevel and gearing. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mattymatt79 View Post
    Hi all, I've now read through this entire thread and it convinced me to start trying, so thanks all! I got down Naxx 10m N, Obsidium Sanctum, and Ruby Sanctum down all pretty easily using tips from these threads. I however; went and tried to do Malygos and hit a massive brick wall. I understand the 1,1,2,3 pattern for the dragon, but I can't seem to get it below 50%. Reading, I'm guessing I'm not doing enough damage during phase one? My question; I don't raid, my guild isn't alive at all, I don't really have time for LFR, so I rely heavily on scenario drops, rep gear, and stuff I can make via black smithing. Reading, apparently I need to get out of the mindset that even though I'm blood, I need more mastery? I should be reforging out of it and reach hit / exp cap and add strength or is my gearing all wrong and I should be looking at DPS gear since what I'm even attempting is still low. I'm sitting at ilevel 473 and I'm guessing I need to stop gemming for mastery as well?

Sorry for all of the noob questions, but I never raided these places so it's an all new experience for me seeing these things and experiencing them for the first time is quite fun.

elune/Syldran is my armory (I can't post links, my apologies) , if anyone could give me any suggestions for gear that's obtainable the ways I listed above, or other ways to change what I'm doing I'd really appreciate it. I'd really like to head into ICC and try that, but I keep hearing that gunship would probably be too hard for my ilevel and gearing. Thoughts?

You have far more than enough gear, it was soloed last xpac. The issue you are having is that you are letting the stacks run off, most likely from spamming 1123 and running out of energy on your drake. its not a spam fight let your drake recharge and dont drop the healing buff on yourself as well as the debuff on maly. It takes a bit or rythem on the keys to get the timing down but should not be tough. lastly make sure you spam to get 5 stacks of healing on yourself, I think its the 3 key, before phase 3 starts. It was critical to have this last xpac but gear inflation might have changed that.

Good luck

You could probably walk all over icc10 man in MOP greens let alone blues. Also gunship in frost 10man is a pushover as well long as you know what to do.

boat attackers > battlemage > axe thorwers > cannon it up. When the reavers attack kill them HB both sides of axe throwres, land on 1 pack (They will die) then jetpack to kill the battlemage, Land on the 2nd back on the way back and then get back in the cannon. Repeat that till their ship dies.

As for 25man you most likely could smash a few not all. I suggest give them a shot on 25, if not swap to 10 and clear the entire thing, following week you can start working on the 25s that you cant get down with ease. Its what I have done in just 2 weeks (509ilev) and up to x3 10man x3 25man x6 25HM. Will work on the rest bumping them up the scale over the next weeks
    Last edited by Aventhos; 2013-05-06 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattymatt79 View Post

99% of the solo fights are dps checks where surviveability does not matter at all. There's actually only two fights that I personally use some of my tankgear (for mastery) on, and thats ultraxion and saurfang25hm - ultraxion probably easily doable with pure dps gear its just that my dps itemlevel is abit lower, with a few tank pieces (mainly 2 set for 10s cd free runetaps) its faceroll.

So yes get out of the mindset of stacking mastery, my mastery is anywhere between 3500 and 4500 rating in my sologear. (Compared to 14500 in my tankgear)
    Get hit and exp softcaps (7.5%) and then go for haste>crit>mastery in that order. Strength is obviously a good stat too but I wouldn't go out of the way to socket it, you're usually better off using exp/haste, hit/haste and pure haste gems.

As for malygos, if you cannot get her below 50% (10m?) before last phase, then yes you probably won't make it. P3 in itself is fairly straightforward, its as you said 1,1,2,3 - rinse and repeat. Do not forget to stack the healing over time buff (3) to 5 before starting said rotation, so you always keep 5 stacks up.

You need to use the sparks, kill first one, deathgrip the 2nd one on top of the first one, and go nuke your heart out. However the fight is that outdated that like naxx, you could probably just run it in frost/unholy spec and do 2x more dps by default, but I haven't tried that myself, I haven't done maly in like a year ever since I got his mount

Gunship is np with your gear, but I strongly suggest going frost for it, howling blast just makes it that much easier.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-05-06 at 03:08 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    It's really really simple, you can pretty much let all Sons hit the hammer without getting any trouble
    im only at 509 compared to your 532, where in lies the difference to make the fight a pushover?

Deleted
    Most likely the huge stamina boost between 509 and 532.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Questions to ppl who have killed Stone guard solo: Im at 524 iLvl with Uroe normal, ive tried them yesturday, but survived only 2 mins. Had around 190% mastery and 18% haste. Do i have any chance to at least survive them until berserk?

PS: dont have Eye of Black prince or Legendary meta yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    woop woop 6/6 heroic bwd

6 more fights to go (actually, 3, since Ultraxion/Conclave = no, and I won't do spine)
    Grats.

How'd you do Magmaw? Any particular mechanics to watch out for? Any abilities ignored since it's just you or would it be theoretically be easier to duo?

Disruptron was apparently soloable as Blood in 534 gear.

Not sure how high ilevel I'd recommend considering I only beat the enrage by 4k-ish, (first pull as Blood, though, so no min-maxing) but on the safer side of 530 is probably needed.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question. But where can I find the boss tactics for solo'ing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskl View Post
    Hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question. But where can I find the boss tactics for solo'ing ?
    come on man you should really read the FIRST post. its pretty bad to just ask such a question when it starring you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I haven't tried Dreamwalker, but I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Basicly you have to gem full stam and get 2 really bad weapons to do it, I just find it easier to ask a friend to log his healer.
    Even when I had awful DPS hear and no Stam trinkets (still don't have any,) I was able to do this encounter just fine, I haven't ever fully gemmed stam either, seems like overkill. I think it's a lot more important to get used to the rhythm of the fight, especially S the enrage nears, as well as learning to interrupt all the casts from the Risen Archmages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    come on man you should really read the FIRST post. its pretty bad to just ask such a question when it starring you in the face.
    I can see the list of bosses DK's can solo, but it says there is an explanation if needed - I can't find that looking at the boss links?

As Mionelol said, also the description next to what is needed helps quite a bit. There is a bit of trial and error but overall its similar to how it would be normally done. One that I cant seem to grasp just yet is blood queen 25. How do you not get bittein? just sent in the scientist and he gets bitten and LOS? if so where `toLOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    As Mionelol said, also the description next to what is needed helps quite a bit. There is a bit of trial and error but overall its similar to how it would be normally done. One that I cant seem to grasp just yet is blood queen 25. How do you not get bittein? just sent in the scientist and he gets bitten and LOS? if so where `toLOS?
    Stand at the stairs, send in the scientist, wait for the bite, engage her yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Stand at the stairs, send in the scientist, wait for the bite, engage her yourself.
    some times the easiest scenario is the right one. I take it 25 isnt too hard but 25hm would be close in my current 510gear.

Wish I had started soloing 10 normal Al'Akir sooner. Such an easy fight at 90.

Deleted
    Probably not a big deal anymore but I managed to solo LK25m HC today, after a 8% and 4% wipe to enrage I eventually got him down almost a full minute before the enrage after a few more hours practice so big thanks to everyone for all the info in this thread as it helped a lot.

Also I think though my haste is a bit low and not sure what to do really, currently at 6.2k so should I be swapping out lower ilevel pieces with more haste on them, rune regen seemed painfully slow at some points.

Cheers.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    @the one asking if death siphon was good for hagara: I cannot be completely sure, but as one who soloes hagara weekly since I had 510 item level dps gear, I don't use death siphon, I use death pact once each time I have to outheal the enrage, so 2. The problem is that death siphon at 90 does really fail damage, so while hagara is not enraged it will be pointless, and on the enrage... you are getting 120-190k hits very fast with IBF up, I seriously doubt death siphon, even with 300k vengeance, would heal you that much, I may be wrong, but you barely have time to understand what to do, it's a 12 sec survive phase; kill her or die, death pact is so more reliable for this, 1 click.
    I'm used to Death Siphon (in fact it's my favorite of the three); have you ever tried soloing the Warmaul Champion at level 65? The amount of health fluctuation on that fight is insane.