Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW PvP, worth coming back for?

As the title states, is PvP worth coming back for? (Am fully aware of how subjective opinions are). Long time player and finally quit a little while after Heart of Fear was released. Has there been many changes to WoW PvP or is it business as usual?

Skilled players still dying to insane burst in the first few minutes of a game, so nope, hasn't changed; just the classes that can achieve this easier.

Buddy of mine linked me this video and I think it kind of sums of this season pretty nicely (you can see RMP's damage in the 2nd game too so you can see that the other teams are indeed also bursty):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rfDiHw2vA48

Deleted
    since PVP is always secondary on blizzards list it will never be worth coming back for

Deleted
    tbh playing some random fps games seems more an more compelling, no grind, no imbalance, no fotm reroll.
    aside from the new content with an addon shits not worth it anymore

I'd suggest you look into the game 'Forge' on steam, it's a pure pvp game with MMO style combat. The game cost 20 bucks, and resubbing to WoW would cost you 15, so it's about the same one way or another (though Forge is a one time purchase so you wont have to pay again next month).
    The game also recently got an update +free dlc, probably worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Buddy of mine linked me this video and I think it kind of sums of this season pretty nicely (you can see RMP's damage in the 2nd game too so you can see that the other teams are indeed also bursty):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rfDiHw2vA48
    I was like: again dat mages, right before that ret nailed mage with 100K and 85K in 2 globals back to back. Nice hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp is critically damaged, way beyond what Blizzard is willing to fix in their little content patches. But on a positive note, theres a good chance they will learn from Mops mistakes and do a proper job next xpac. So its likely PVP will be worth coming back for, just not for about a year and a half.

sustained damage is no longer in pvp. its all about cooldowns.
    When a healer pops cooldowns, they are unkillable, without cooldowns it depends on class and if the dps is popping anything.
    When a dps pops cooldowns, its almost certain that they 1 shot someone unless that someone uses his defensives to protect.

So its just beyond stupidity. id prefer tbc over this crap easily, back then cooldowns werent that big of a deal because the game was balanced around sustained damage so cooldowns made the gameplay kinda unbalanced for few seconds, but they had longer cooldown so it wasnt like you were 1 shotted once every minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Pvp is critically damaged, way beyond what Blizzard is willing to fix in their little content patches. But on a positive note, theres a good chance they will learn from Mops mistakes and do a proper job next xpac. So its likely PVP will be worth coming back for, just not for about a year and a half.
    Well, don't they always say they will fix it next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    sustained damage is no longer in pvp. its all about cooldowns.
    When a healer pops cooldowns, they are unkillable, without cooldowns it depends on class and if the dps is popping anything.
    When a dps pops cooldowns, its almost certain that they 1 shot someone unless that someone uses his defensives to protect.

So its just beyond stupidity. id prefer tbc over this crap easily, back then cooldowns werent that big of a deal because the game was balanced around sustained damage so cooldowns made the gameplay kinda unbalanced for few seconds, but they had longer cooldown so it wasnt like you were 1 shotted once every minute.
    Thats pretty much what i didnt want in my PvP. The saddest thing is, i dont enjoy any of the current alternatives on the market for RPG PvP gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Well, don't they always say they will fix it next expansion?
    $$$ as always

;/

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say nope, I have come back for it and it's probably the worst I've ever seen PvP. But on the other hand, I am having fun with my friend, but some situations and stuff that happens is just ridiculous..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Im a casual pvp player, I play PVP just for cap my conquest, and I know pvp is not perfect balanced but.... from what I can read on this post and from many others, ppl who play dps blame the healers due to be considered unkillable, other ppl crying for high burst dps, someone just take every class saying how OP is, but.... if we are all strong on dps and healing why is not considered balanced?
    Take a look what I quoted, is not a contradiction?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    Im a casual pvp player, I play PVP just for cap my conquest, and I know pvp is not perfect balanced but.... from what I can read on this post and from many others, ppl who play dps blame the healers due to be considered unkillable, other ppl crying for high burst dps, someone just take every class saying how OP is, but.... if we are all strong on dps and healing why is not considered balanced?
    Take a look what I quoted, is not a contradiction?
    There are people that hade made a lot of calculations and the information is out there if you look for it. It is a fact in this expansion that it is very imbalanced.

Depends on if you're already full S13 or not.

Nah, save your money for PS4.

This thread comes up every season and every time it's the worst season ever, op this and that, blizzard sucks, etc. If you've been away long enough you should have free time from blizzard. Just go try it out and make your own decisions.

I think 5.3 overall will make it a lot better. Problems it created that stil need to be fixed: World PvP and PvP power/resi gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    This thread comes up every season and every time it's the worst season ever, op this and that, blizzard sucks, etc. If you've been away long enough you should have free time from blizzard. Just go try it out and make your own decisions.
    This is true also though. Coming from someone who played max level PvP since season 2.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-05-06 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    if you believe that the next x-pac will fix it your crazy . pvp has slowly gotten worse since wrath started."yes wows prime years were during BC".this is no different then cata,ranged own all and op'ed classes like mages,rogues still run around and left untouched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    if you believe that the next x-pac will fix it your crazy . pvp has slowly gotten worse since wrath started."yes wows prime years were during BC".this is no different then cata,ranged own all and op'ed classes like mages,rogues still run around and left untouched.
    and Warriors get gutted every expansion.