question: do people still hate sniper? is the only hero i really liked so far

Quote Originally Posted by Sargerus View Post
    I don't think I've heard of anyone hating Sniper in particular, but I certainly think there are more interesting heroes out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my friends do, and Riki. But thats just because were all new probably. Drow too, but shes not quite as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone watch QPAD Red Pandas vs Na'vi in the Curse Invitational the other day?
    Personally SingSing is my favorite DotA 2 player but it's really sad to see he and his team lose badly in game 1.. 12 minute gg. Solo mid Lone Druids always sound funny to me.
    Interestingly Na'vi picked Skywrath Mage and Tusk, with the former picked twice in both games. I believe this is the first time those two got picked in the DotA 2 competitive scene. Not sure if they take QPAD lightly as to pick those heroes though.

Deleted
    Most people that hate him, hate him just because he's extremely easy to play and his headshot passive is probably the single most irritating thing in the game. Personally I hate him because his voice is incredibly annoying.

I dont hate him, I love him when he is on the enemy team. So easy to gank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Did anyone watch QPAD Red Pandas vs Na'vi in the Curse Invitational the other day?
    Personally SingSing is my favorite DotA 2 player but it's really sad to see he and his team lose badly in game 1.. 12 minute gg. Solo mid Lone Druids always sound funny to me.
    Interestingly Na'vi picked Skywrath Mage and Tusk, with the former picked twice in both games. I believe this is the first time those two got picked in the DotA 2 competitive scene. Not sure if they take QPAD lightly as to pick those heroes though.
    QPAD is a tier 3 team, nowhere near Na'vi atm. Skywrath is Dendi's favorite pubstomp hero, if u watch him streaming he picks it quite a lot for fun and giggles.I've seen EG ban the hero against Na'vi recently as first ban...when you use your first ban on that hero you might as well just type the gg at the start.

Also,Valve should have invited KP to the International qualifiers, those guys actually had chances unlike QPAD/ICCUP

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    when you use your first ban on that hero you might as well just type the gg at the start.
    Using a first ban to ban something that isn't currently regarded "omg so imba" doesn't really hurt your chances, you could ban Sniper and Bloodseeker Zenith-style without hurting your chances much if at all.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-05 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Using a first ban to ban something that isn't currently regarded "omg so imba" doesn't really hurt your chances, you could ban Sniper and Bloodseeker Zenith-style without hurting your chances much if at all.
    I'd say that's some pretty major respect towards the players. Wasn't Pudge banned at some points at TI2 simply because of Dendi? Some players can put in enough work with heroes, whether they're conisdered 'top tier' or not, and make them an actual threat in the pro scene, forcing teams to ban those normally unorthodox choices.

Deleted
    QPAD is a tier 3 team, nowhere near Na'vi atm. Skywrath is Dendi's favorite pubstomp hero, if u watch him streaming he picks it quite a lot for fun and giggles.I've seen EG ban the hero against Na'vi recently as first ban...when you use your first ban on that hero you might as well just type the gg at the start.

Also,Valve should have invited KP to the International qualifiers, those guys actually had chances unlike QPAD/ICCUP
    I would not count Na'vi as a Tier 1 team at the moment either. They are not even close to be as good as they were in TI2.

Nobody in the qualifiers has any real chance, neither does KP
    I'm not really interested in teams that'll go to TI3 just to lose 2 games and get eliminated
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Nobody in the qualifiers has any real chance, neither does KP
    I'm not really interested in teams that'll go to TI3 just to lose 2 games and get eliminated
    It's probable, but there's a lot that could happen between now and August in terms of practice and 6.78 so I wouldn't be absolutely certain about that. And the Eastern qualifiers certainly have strong teams in Rattlesnake and Vici.

In related news, LGD.cn lost their invite to TongFu because they dropped longDD from their roster.

In related news, LGD.cn lost their invite to TongFu because they dropped longDD from their roster.
    I guess that's not what you'd call "some HoN-level bullshit".

It's probable, but there's a lot that could happen between now and August in terms of practice and 6.78 so I wouldn't be absolutely certain about that. And the Eastern qualifiers certainly have strong teams in Rattlesnake and Vici.

From what I've heard, it's because they changed their roster 4 months ago, whereas TongFu hadn't changed in 5 months, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to find a new game, I can't stand people in this game much longer. It's not that they're rude, i'm finding this community way better then LoL, but man these people really need to be playing bot games. Every night I get games where someone on my team dies on average 7 times within around 8-9 minutes. I can only win if I play nyx, which is cheating at the low rank im at. I'm only lvl 9 with 102 wins, so im not that great, but at least I had experience coming into this game from League. I dunno, I think I need a break from the dota genre for a while, might go back to WoW and play the Horde for once, only stuck with alliance out of friend convenience. Im Ragu on steam if you wanna group! Maybe i'll have better luck not doing solo this whole time.

not to be rude or something ... but you get players around youre skills level :| if you wont to many games in a row you cant avoid a few losses and probably some really bad players but that's not so often ...

also lvl 9 and 100-200 games are pretty little tbh ... i sometimes get that random feeder but not so often , just stomp with nyx a few games and you should get better players with you and vs you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Im Ragu on steam if you wanna group! Maybe i'll have better luck not doing solo this whole time.
    I'd add you but Ragu is too vague to find on steam, so you can add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983522709
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    not to be rude or something ... but you get players around youre skills level :| if you wont to many games in a row you cant avoid a few losses and probably some really bad players but that's not so often ...

also lvl 9 and 100-200 games are pretty little tbh ... i sometimes get that random feeder but not so often , just stomp with nyx a few games and you should get better players with you and vs you ...
    Ultimately that's what it kinda comes down to.

I still get the odd idiot and but far more commonly my issue is finding a person who legitimately knows how to support is a Christmas miracle, and by that I simply mean letting the Carry get the LH's and Warding along with buying the courier nothing more nothing less.
    Hence why I enjoy playing support in dota (I enjoy support roles anyway in other games) as I can play and know I'm doing something right. Heck today a guy added me on Steam after a game we played because he said I was a good support. That was nice.

But what it comes down to with this train of thought is that just because you know stuff about how to play doesn't mean you yourself can execute it well and that's how I feel about my own experiences atm. Knowing how to play and actually playing well are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone going to the tourney in Seattle? Just wondering if anyone had luck getting tickets, if they actually sell out like ultra fast type thing and what they cost? I see on the game they arent currently available which means they were late or all sold out in 20 mins!

edit: that was worse than trying to get a blizzcon ticket lol, i didnt get crap oh well
    Last edited by Maruka; 2013-05-07 at 06:21 PM.