Deleted

Nalak legendary Quest Solo

So i'm about to get my 20th Secret of the empire thing (i hope) and i know that we have to go throw a lance in Nalak and kite an add for a while, is this possible to solo as a Ret? I'm seeing a lot of other classes saying they can't handle it but Monks and mages seem fine. Will Nalak kill us by the time the other add is dead, is it easy to kite it and stay alive in Holy or do i need to go get a Prot spec again? any tips or advice - cheers.

Yes, it is. You will need three things:

Spec into Holy Prism, as it is our longest ranged attack and does instant damage (Execution Sentence doesn't).
    Salyin Battle Banner from the Salyin War Scout rare in the Valley of the Four Winds
    A macro to throw the spear and use the banner, resembling this:
    /use Lightning Lance
    /use Salyin Battle Banner

How you do it:
    1: Pull Nalak with Holy Prism (you must have done damage to Nalak for the add to spawn).
    2: Do not run yet and hit macro (while the banner can be used while moving, the lance cannot).
    3: Nalak will despawn, the add will not. Run up the stairs to the courtyard before Nalak, and kite it for the duration, and done.

Nalak will end you so quick, no matter your spec. You have to drop combat with him, and for us Paladins, the Battle Banner is the only way. I did this exact strategy myself just over a week ago, worked perfectly. Got my Meta Gem, never have I killed Nalak (downside to a struggling server).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Thats amazing thanks, i'll give it a go!

I did it a couple of weeks back when I got my 20 secrets, as ret. I literally had no idea what I was doing regarding the quest, took a couple of hits from the add before I even noticed it, and I still managed to run/survive. It's not that difficult with ret self heals, do it when a raid group pulls nalak for extra heals if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sha Amalgamation is the hard part really. And that's only because you don't generally understand what's going on until you're out of anvils

Deleted
    Hi yep, managed to do both parts last night without any real trouble - agreed interrupting to many of the Sha's non important abilities leaving none at the end D'oh!

For any paladins going forward - Didn't need the battle banner, though it would make things easier.

Just used the lance at max range - Ran till Nalak was in melee, Bubbled at full health, ran a bit more - SS - he melee'd me, FoL x 2, Hprism, ran some more, and then he was onto his Arc nova - which gave me enough time to get away. He did put a storm cloud on me so just run into some trolls and build HP and self heal till it wears off.

Thanks for the help guys

Deleted
    if you are on a decent pop server just wait for a Nalak raid, faction tag doesn't matter for the quest, let them pull, go in spear Nalak and run around till the add dies, quest done, thats what i did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
    So i'm about to get my 20th Secret of the empire thing (i hope) and i know that we have to go throw a lance in Nalak and kite an add for a while, is this possible to solo as a Ret? I'm seeing a lot of other classes saying they can't handle it but Monks and mages seem fine. Will Nalak kill us by the time the other add is dead, is it easy to kite it and stay alive in Holy or do i need to go get a Prot spec again? any tips or advice - cheers.
    I did it as holy. Just threw the spear and ran, everyone else killed the add for me. *shrug*

You can also range tag and drag him over the NPC standing by ToT entrance. They will agro and tank him and give you more than enough time to complete the quest.

I love the idea of using the Saylin banner...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    I did it as holy. Just threw the spear and ran, everyone else killed the add for me. *shrug*
    The add dies by itself. I think if people kill it, it won't complete the quest.