Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Perhaps it would work as a fourth spec, if it ever comes.
    This because players would moan about their beloved BM changing too drastically, it also wouldn't be called BM but wildstalker or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    Hunter already melee class, just with 30yard range on abilities in diff with other melee.
    Uninterrupted attacks and no restriction on movement in combat? Sounds like a melee to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Like Rexxar, what if BM spec was changed to melee? The weapons could be like 1H Axes/swords/fist/daggers(?) and they could still have their use of exotic pets, Imagine fighting along side your Devilsaur, Direhorn or even something as a Dwarf fighting with his bear.

It's abilties would obviously have the standard hack-n slash and hunter-traps and disengage but what if some abilties changed on the type of pet it had out or even buff the pet/player.

I would have suggested Dire Beast if it wasn't already in-game it could fit so well for BM-melee only.
    Honestly I think the only way BM would be fair is if it were melee as it stands now in PVP BM plows most specs it is pretty ridiculous. Making it a dual wield spec would also help itemize better for shamans, death knights, and rogues.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    No need to argue or get angry: all ideas are perfectly compatible. According to my specializations previously mentioned, your hunter would a hunter type 4, ie a hunter as there is now.
    Wasn't angry (trust me, I'd get banned if I posted when angry), just making the point that for every person who is like 'omg make BM a melee spec!' or 'zomg locks should totally get a tank spec rofl' there is someone like me who likes her classes/specs as they are.

Discussions about new specs/etc are always interesting, for sure, but you risk people getting up in arms when you make topics like this that suggests reinvention as extreme as 'BM as a melee spec'. Even if what you're actually suggesting is more of a 4th spec.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly I think the only way BM would be fair is if it were melee as it stands now in PVP BM plows most specs it is pretty ridiculous. Making it a dual wield spec would also help itemize better for shamans, death knights, and rogues.
    Not sure how melee hunter gear would help better itemize for DKs, who use STR items.

Why would you want a melee hunter? Wouldn't that be a rogue or monk? Petless ranged I can relate to, that's still a hunter, but melee? No.

Also, if you want that, invent a fourth spec, because completely altering an existing spec that people like to play as it is now, would be... well... how can you even consider it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    This because players would moan about their beloved BM changing too drastically, it also wouldn't be called BM but wildstalker or something.
    It isn't 'moaning' - its a more than reasonable reaction to a pointless change.

Imagine if you play an assassination rogue. You love it, its the only spec you'll ever love. Suddenly someone posts a topic that says 'Assass rogues as ranged dagger-tossers!'

The spec you love best in WoW, according to this person, should be changed from a badass killer-in-the-shadows to someone who stays 30 yards back hurling knives. Yeah, I think you'd scratch your head a bit at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    I'd rather see MM pet less. Just like destro is for warlocks, MM could be the pet less spec for hunters.
    I agree with this guy since my main has been a destro lock for years and being petless is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It isn't 'moaning' - its a more than reasonable reaction to a pointless change.
    To you maybe, to me BM always was a melee hunter.

Deleted
    Keep BM as a pure pet spec. Make MM pet-less. Keep survival the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    To you maybe, to me BM always was a melee hunter.
    It never was. It is THE ranged hunter by definition, as your pet is the strongest of all and perfect to keep baddies at range. If anything, it's survival spec that was melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It never was. It is THE ranged hunter by definition, as your pet is the strongest of all and perfect to keep baddies at range. If anything, it's survival spec that was melee.
    Because you think the first appearance of a beastmaster in warcraft universe was in WoW?

It was melee in Warcraft 3 and it should have stayed that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be another class using ranged weapons in the future.
    I don't like the idea, so i prefer that other class gets the melee spec.

Not sure how melee hunter gear would help better itemize for DKs, who use STR items.
    Well that goes on an even bigger issue, where they should get rid of Main stats on weapons and just give attack power, or spell power to compensate for the stat so items can be more widely used.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Another vote for making MM pet-free.

Deleted
    if we ever get a Rexxar type of beastmaster my Money would be on a hunter spec. It would take a lot of thinking into making it so I'm not sure Blizz would do it but the hunter class is, imo, the only class that can host this type of pllaystyle. Not warriors as some people have mentioned.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Another vote for making MM pet-free.
    Oh cmon m8 =P. wouldn't you prefer a Ranger class where the pet is already non existent? I know that a pet in MM is almost useless but at least you got that extra bit of damage and utility IF u want =/.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be done, but I don't think Blizz has the stomach to bring back Raptor Strike.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No offense intended to the discussion, but kindly stay the hell away from my beloved BM spec with your melee ideas. If you want to play an AGI-based melee character, roll a shaman/monk/rogue.

:P
    You say no offense... and then say something offensive. Interesting.

OT: I always liked the idea of Rexxar (especially since Worgen can't be monks), I'd love to have my hunter get in touch with his primal side and hunt alongside his pet.

If it really wanted to be a beast master spec, though, I would have liked to have two permanent pets and fewer hunter abilities.

The hunter would have some attacks of his own, but would focus more on commanding his beasts to attack like a pack leader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Surv was the melee spec? I could have sworn it was BM. I made my hunter alt ages after that design was scrapped.

I think its a nice idea but might be a bit too much to ask. What about all the BM hunters who like the way things are? should they just pick something else? DKs had to face some of that and a lot of people are still asking for it to go back.

As far as 4th spec goes I think thats going to be a druid thing for the foreseeable future.
    Survival was the Hunter's melee spec:
    http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?cat...ents.View.Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    You say no offense... and then say something offensive. Interesting.

OT: I always liked the idea of Rexxar (especially since Worgen can't be monks), I'd love to have my hunter get in touch with his primal side and hunt alongside his pet.

If it really wanted to be a beast master spec, though, I would have liked to have two permanent pets and fewer hunter abilities.

The hunter would have some attacks of his own, but would focus more on commanding his beasts to attack like a pack leader.
    How is anything she said remotely offensive?