Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid lock-outs and kicking

Sup guys

Basically, to cut a long story short, I tagged a Zandalari Warbringer before 3 other ally could, they say i'm a dick and stuff, blah blah.
    Later on, I do a ICC25hc and two of the three people are in this raid and are friends with the RL.
    We get to LK and they kick me mid combat and I get teleported out, but my lockout still says the lich king is alive, despite the fact that they killed it.

Is there any way in which I could transfer that lockout which apparently is TLK alive, to a character in which I can solo LK25h?

Also, would GMs do anything about the lockout thing?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No a GM will not change your lockout for you. This is the consequences you must live with due to your in-game actions, and Blizzard wants you to learn from your mistakes. You can redo ICC25H after the weekly resets.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

nope. What I'm wondering is were they complete jerks, or were they waiting for the warbringer to spawn and you stole the tag. Either way, seems like suck.

Sounds like justice was served.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No a GM will not change your lockout for you. This is the consequences you must live with due to your in-game actions, and Blizzard wants you to learn from your mistakes. You can redo ICC25H after the weekly resets.
    There was no ingame mistake, they just got all pissy because I tagged a rare spawn before them, like any other mob in the game.
    Also, I should point out that I didnt know the raid leader was friends with the players who were angry at me earlier until he kicked me and tried to act innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Sounds like justice was served.
    Yep, I agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Is there any way in which I could transfer that lockout which apparently is TLK alive, to a character in which I can solo LK25h?
    If possible then you can try this by creating a raid with a friend with no ID and activating yours, then relogging to an alt, friend invites you to raid, now your alt can enter instance with ID from your main.

Group with a friend, enter ICC along with said friend, hand over group leader, log out, log in on your solo character, have your friend invite you, enter ICC, have your friend leave.

Just enter the instance with a friend, let him save to the instance, log to your "target" character, get invited by the friend and get the ID.

But unless they have changed it (again), heroic lockouts are saved to the instance, and not to "boss deaths" like normal lockouts. In other words, if the LK has been killed in your instance, he should also be dead in your instance, even if you prolong it next week. But you can check it very easily by entering the instance and see if he is still alive (or rather un-alive?).

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose i'll tell the story then.

We were just all waiting in krasarang for the Zandalari Warbringer to spawn, theyd came from Dread Wastes, I'd came from Jade Forest, I was there first by a minute or so, then they came, we were all waiting for it to spawn, those 3 started spamming AOE to try and get the tag faster than me, but I had the faster reflexes and got the warbringer and killed it, they then started messaging me saying theyd noted my guild name and character because apparently they felt they deserved the rare spawn more than me.

Deleted
    OP acted like a dick towards other players on his realm.
    OP got slapped in the face with karmic retribution.

I don't see the issue here. you acted like a dick, they get to act like a dick in return. if you asked them to invite you to their group, they would have gotten tag as well, and there wouldn't have been any issue. i.e. you should have treated it like Galleon.

as it is now, you acted like a total douche to total strangers which you thought you'd never meet again, but you met them again on their ground and got punished for it. I doubt anyone on these forums will get on your side.

Not seeing what part of what the op said indicates they were being a dick or doing anything wrong at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    I don't see the issue here. you acted like a dick, they get to act like a dick in return. if you asked them to invite you to their group, they would have gotten tag as well, and there wouldn't have been any issue. i.e. you should have treated it like Galleon.

as it is now, you acted like a total douche to total strangers which you thought you'd never meet again, but you met them again on their ground and got punished for it. I doubt anyone on these forums will get on your side.
    Well, actually I am. Why do they deserve the tag more than him? And why should he invite them? If the loot system was like Galleon, and he wouldn't lose a chance for loot, then I'd agree with you. But why share loot with some strangers when you can do it alone? And on the other hand, if they had gotten the tag, do you believe they would have invited him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, actually I am. Why do they deserve the tag more than him? And why should he invite them?
    This. They most likely would not have invited him, too.
    Honestly I don't see anything the OP did wrong here...if anything, spamming AoE-attacks from three different people is much worse than what he did even.

Yes, you can transfer your ID over to another char.
    People already mentioned how to do it. You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post

There's no way that tagging something qualifies as being a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people seem to think i'm a dick here, I tagged a rare spawn first?

I'm not sure why people seem to think i'm a dick here, I tagged a rare spawn first?
    Exactly.

All i read was that you tagged the mob first, got the kill, received loot and the other players who were too slow were crybabies.

Mob tagging has been here since the dark ages, not sure why everyone acts like it's a brand new tactic.

Deleted
    Versus three competitors. Their chance of getting it was waaay higher than yours, especially spamming AoE.
    They just screwed up and got mad over it. Like I said, I really don't understand all the hate in here, since you even were there first.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was no ingame mistake, they just got all pissy because I tagged a rare spawn before them, like any other mob in the game.
    Also, I should point out that I didnt know the raid leader was friends with the players who were angry at me earlier until he kicked me and tried to act innocent.
    And no you are upset they kicked you

Karma at it's finest.

Deleted
    If he tagged it 1st that makes the OP a dick? No, the dicks are the QQers who where too slow to tag and then go and hold a grudge.