Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    From what I've heard, it's because they changed their roster 4 months ago, whereas TongFu hadn't changed in 5 months, or something like that.
    It has nothing to do with what happened months ago. 4 months ago DD went on a sick leave or something and was replaced by longDD, previously of team DK. However after that roster was formally invited to TI3, longDD was dropped from the team and DD was invited back, and Valve didn't like that because they're very strict about shuffling rosters after being invited, so now LGD.cn have to fight their way in through the East qualifiers if they want a shot at it. In my opinion it's not a bad thing to enforce your rules, but I wouldn't be so sure if TongFu was the team that deserved their invite the most.

Meanwhile it looks like Valve have already figured out one way to improve TI from last year: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/introd...ve-compendium/ bringing extra content while increasing the prize pool.

Interesting, let's make the first bet on how high the prize pool will get from the fans. A great time for the community to show how much better it is than LoL's, but time will tell if they pull through =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Interesting, let's make the first bet on how high the prize pool will get from the fans. A great time for the community to show how much better it is than LoL's, but time will tell if they pull through =p
    And with your statement my opinion of the community gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It has nothing to do with what happened months ago. 4 months ago DD went on a sick leave or something and was replaced by longDD, previously of team DK. However after that roster was formally invited to TI3, longDD was dropped from the team and DD was invited back, and Valve didn't like that because they're very strict about shuffling rosters after being invited, so now LGD.cn have to fight their way in through the East qualifiers if they want a shot at it. In my opinion it's not a bad thing to enforce your rules, but I wouldn't be so sure if TongFu was the team that deserved their invite the most.
    Ah, that makes more sense then, LGD changing their roster after being invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    And with your statement my opinion of the community gets worse.
    What's wrong with giving fans a chance to willingly increase the prize pool, as well as get some nice perks out of it for themselves too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'll be surprised if it won't at least add another 100k USD to the prize pool, but getting the total pool even close to 2 million seems like too much, even if they add more items that increase it. I guess there will be new pennants too, but that money just goes directly to teams I suppose.

On a related note I'm expecting concurrent viewer numbers to peak above 250k in Twitch during the finals or whatever across all but the Chinese streams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after 100 games im at exactly 50/50 lol. Most of those loses were while playing as a team with friends though haha. Having fun at the moment, but damn its annoying when a team stomps your ass then takes forever to win the game. I might actually buy something from the store now im on about 120 hours played.

Should be a concede button after the 20 min mark imo.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Should be a concede button after the 20 min mark imo.
    No... it was a Huge issue in HoN, People would get killed and would immediately start spamming the button at 15min. There are slim chances you could win 3v5 and 4v5, my self and several friends have actually done 3v5's and pulled out a win, if the button had existed, then we wouldn't have had such amazing games, or turnarounds.

Why I am so stupid to play support in pubs again and again. The one carry in 10 games who can actually last hit is not worth the 9 games you have to watch this pathetic performance....

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    No... it was a Huge issue in HoN, People would get killed and would immediately start spamming the button at 15min. There are slim chances you could win 3v5 and 4v5, my self and several friends have actually done 3v5's and pulled out a win, if the button had existed, then we wouldn't have had such amazing games, or turnarounds.
    Comebacks happen a lot on pubs, hence you don't really need concede. Even if you can't rely on your team to win, you can always trust that it's never impossible for the enemy to throw a certain victory. And you should know that no matter how much you're ahead it's still possible that your teammates are going to throw it, but Lysah can tell you more about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah even though i hate having to suffer through 20 minutes of getting owned every few games i dont think id like a submit button, can imagine never seeing games end most of the time.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=86299

Added Solo Matchmaking option. This is an experimental feature that will match you with players who also queued without being in a party. This is the first step in a series aimed at improving the matchmaking system.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    And tears of joy were cried.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind if they started trying to sort of 'scale' groups and randoms in pubs, like groups of two going against other groups of two more often, three on three more often, etc. I rarely solo queue anyway, but it's always lame queuing with a friend of mine, and us not having a chance because we've got three randoms and ourselves up against a 5-stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just 2 reports a week? I could easily get through 10.

I haven't reported anyone in about four months, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Lysah can tell you more about that.
    Go 15-0 ~

Lose game anyway.

Story of my life.

Biggest reason not to have concede button is that most younger players don't know when they're going to win and should be forced to play out seemingly losing games just to learn what winning and losing really look like. Can't tell you how often I had LoL games either forfeited or close to it by my team because we were down 10 kills and they seemed to think that was it, man, game over, man, game over. That's easily one of the most distasteful experiences you can have in this genre and I'd prefer to not lose free wins just because my team is not manly enough.

^I'd be willing to bet that if put into a game where their team was losing 10-20 in kills at 25 minute mark but 5000 gold ahead of the other team, 90% of players would incorrectly assess their teams position in the game. I had HoN games where I was a freefarming carry one item ahead of the other teams carry but my team just put the quit in it because we had less kills.

That's why concede option is terrible, most players just aren't experienced enough to tell when anything but a pure stomp is genuinely lost. And with the throw-factor taken into consideration, almost no one can.

I have been surprised at the ability of even top level players to throw games, too.

Deleted
    I opend my first chest the other day and got a rare Anti Mage mask with kill counter, Strange Fashion of Yoskreth, but never play him. Anyone want to trade against something?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Somehow I thought this was already in I was convinced that when I soloed I went versus other solo people exclusively.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.