Poll: have you ever been in a fight?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

have you ever been in a fight?

i think experiencing a physical fight is a good thing. ive been in a couple fight in my day, they taught me alot about life. fighting in you teens to early 20's is the only time when you should have to fight(unless you are defending your family) anything after this i would consider immature. having experienced a fight you can understand people better. im not sure if this applies for females but with men i feel that it is mandatory in ones growth. i stopped fighting back in my sophomore year of highschool, i learned what can push me over the edge, allowing me to increase my understand of myself and those around me. i believe that those who havent experience this are lacking a lot due to the fact that they haven't learned what can send them over the edge and how other are effected from fighting. some may say that its a good thing they never been in a fight, but you learn from your experiences and get better as an individual from them. how can you defend your family if you never experienced anything that meant you having to fight.

soo back to the question.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Both friendly fight club style and street brawl.

Deleted
    Never been in a real fight, there was this person who was sorta bullying me in highschool, I snapped and punced him in the face... a couple of times... I was never bullied after

I don't need to fight, I can bluff my way out most of the time, I'm a negotiater and quite good at that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Of course. Both friendly fight club style and street brawl.
    Ah the occasional wrestling with friends I don't really concider fighting, more like practice and determing the alpha male of the group

Im a pretty smart and likable guy. Never had anyone ever get so angry with me that they started to push me to start a fight. So nope. And I'm 25.

Deleted
    Not a physical guy, would rather talk things over or ignore if the guy/guys are looking for a fight. As for a real fight only once in high-school, some kids were playing basketball and the ball ended up passing me as I entered the schoolyard. One of the kids was pissed that I didn't see the ball and gave them back to them so he came by and began to shout at me. I shrug him off, he tryed to puch me, I evaded and then I puched him, he hit the pavement.

Now years later, if I think about it the only motive for me to fight anyone would be if someone I know was hurt or is going to get hurt. If it's regarding me, I would rather run and try to escape. But if it's for a friend or for my sister, girlfriend, then they are going down.

Deleted
    I hated school from 1st to 9th grade, anyone who made fun of my friends were welcome to take it with me, though for some reason they didn't want to after they learned of what I did to people who made fun of me before

Deleted
    I've had a few. Not because I'm aggressive but because I stand up for myself.

I believe most things can be settled by words, but sometimes you need to open a can of whoop ass. I got jumped on by three guys when I was walking to work. The cunts stole my Nokia 3310. After that I learnt how to defend myself. Been in a few since, but have never initiated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, several. Kindergarten, First Grade, Fifth Grade, Sophomore year twice, Junior year once. Never again after that, really, aside from a Judo Class, which doesn't really count.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Not for a while because I can blag my way out of them.

However as a kid I was a bit of a fighter, even held my own against the 'hardest' kid in my highschool which earned me enough respect to not be bothered with.

Well i had this one time where i broke a guys arm because he was being a dick... was in 7th grade or something. Was a little guy acting like a small dog, thinking he is all high and mighty. He thought it was funny to bully me, but i simply ignored him. Then he got the funny idea of throwing balls at me at random moments, and take my stuff and throw it out the window and stuff like that. One time he took my mopile, i i tackled him so he fell to the ground. Then i placed my foot on his shoulder, and held his arm behind his back as he was lying down. Then i told him to say where my mobile was, but he had to be a smartass and just insult me, so i kinda just pulled the arm, while having my foot down on his shoulder. On second thought, i properly just dislocated his shoulder. But on a positive note, he never bothered me again.

Deleted
    I have the skill of ultimate sarcasm, which tough guys don't seem to know, at which point they just leave me. Oh and I also had a few friends who were quite a bit bigger and certainly stronger then most other our age.

A few fights yes. Won some lost some. One fight that was genuinely a life and death situation; lost that one and was saved only by divine providence. I do agree that being in a real fight is a very important learning experience, although not one to be sought out. You'll learn things about human nature and maybe most importantly, how you're going to feel when under an absolute adrenaline rush... there's no way to prepare or train for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, one to many actually...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only 2 "fights" i've been in wern't really fights per se.

The first one some little shit was acting all big and powerful, he ended up punching me in the face and breaking his hand.

The second one was me ignoring insults of a similar individual, and he kicked me in the balls, but he kicked so hard his foot impacted with my pelvis and shattered.

He was off school for 3 months, came back with a cast/crutches, avoided me for the rest of the year.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I contracted all my hits out to bigger people in high school

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post

The first one some little shit was acting all big and powerful, he ended up punching me in the face and breaking his hand.

The second one was me ignoring insults of a similar individual, and he kicked me in the balls, but he kicked so hard his foot impacted with my pelvis and shattered.
    You must eat a lot of spinach.

Deleted
    I'm far from a violent man, and a devout pacifist, but even I've broken my knuckles on a rapists skull once upon a time.
    Can't say fighting is any sort of indication of anything in a person, nor a rite of passage.

Yes, both "planned" in so much as it's martial arts and unplanned, I'm not an aggressive sort, but I will if I have to defend myself and being a Scottish kid in an English school I had one or two problems, one was more a case of I got shoved on my butt the other, well, not one of my prouder moments when I resorted to swinging a rounders bat at the pricks head. (Fortunately for all involved I missed) I only ever really got banged up once in a fight and that's when someone tried to nick my bike as a kid, earned a black eye and pretty severe bruising for that but retained my bike!

I know I've not been an angel in the past but as I've grown up between having done martial arts (defense is not all about beating the shit out of stuff) & I now understand the fact if I hit someone there's a scary potential that I could end up hurting them I don't get myself up to the stage where I will actively go and fight anyone unless other methods don't work. I'll try to talk my way out of it, if that doesn't work I'll generally walk away, but if I'm hit then yeah, I'll swing away, but I know I'd say I'm 1-2 win-loss rate in fights so I'm not likely to go there unless it's unavoidable.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    allowing me to increase my understand of myself and those around me. i believe that those who havent experience this are lacking a lot due to the fact that they haven't learned what can send them over the edge
    Learnt these things without fighting..

Deleted
    Two small ones. The most violent thing I was involved in was headbutting a guy who was breaking my finger, making his nose bleed in the process. The second one was pushing a guy over a fence after I received one of the hardest kick in the balls, making him fall flat on his face. I was so angry that after 5 seconds I clenched my teeth, ignored the pain, and started chasing him. I was also slapped once by a gypsy out of the sudden for literally no reason, but I couldn't do anything. They were in a group, I was alone.

Other than that, no. I like that I stay out of trouble, and I'm proud of myself that I do, even though I'd enjoy beating the living shit out of those who bullied me in kindergarten, and I don't care if they changed. Being bullied to the point where you are even afraid of getting close to that place, and you start shaking and crying if you do, would just make you wish to rip the faces off those scumbags even after years, without even warning them.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-07 at 10:02 PM.