Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have a lot of games I haven't even installed once. I even have games that I can't run on my machine ( hoping that some day I'll have enough money to upgrade ). Out of 90+ games I only play one or two Portals 1 & 2, Terraria, L.A. Noire and Witcher 2 are biggest examples.

Max Payne 3, played it for 76 minutes. Don't know how I lasted that long...
    There's a couple games I got in bundles but have no intention to ever play.

Oh and I bought A Game of Dwarves. SO BORING, ugh.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Please, don't make me go through my list of untouched games on Steam. It only makes me sad.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Civ 5
    Dwarfs!?
    Dota 2
    War of the Roses
    Why so bad taste, Dall?

Dungeon Party - while it's free, the fact that it was as bad as it was, and the "theme music" being a re-hashed joke of what that was.... it has since became an inside joke between me and my friends due to how long we played it (about 5 minutes)

Half Life 2 - Never installed; never played. Yeah, really.

Portal 1 - Never installed; never played. But I played Portal 2 many times, I swear!

Vessel - Bought it in an indie bundle pack. Amazing game, really. Visually stunning and a fun challenge for a 2D puzzle game.

Limbo - Bought in the same indie bundle as Vessel. Played it for about 10 minutes and despised it. Did I mention it was the only reason I bought the bundle?!

Cubemen - Bought in the aforementioned indie pack. Interesting game for what it is. Pleasant surprise and fun waste of a few hours.

Audiosurf - Another of those games in the Indie Bundle. Possibly the best thing to do with your favourite songs, ever. Didn't expect to say that, but I find myself running this game again every time I buy a new CD to see how challenging the songs are!

Dungeons of Dredmor - Alas, the last gem of the Indie Bundle Pack. Amusing 'classes' and a decent challenge. Another fun waste of time, if anything fun can ever be called a 'waste.'

Quake 4 - Bought in a Steam Summer Sale Bundle with RAGE. I've played long enough to realize it doesn't invoke memories of Q2 or Q1, and have never played it again. In 40 minutes of a Quake game you should feel more than that your playing a shittier version of DOOM 3, if that were possible.

Divine Divinity - Lol. Worst game I've ever stumbled upon. Ran away screaming "begone devil!"

Sonic 4 ep1 - Got it recently in a Sonic Bundle. Sonic 1-3 were some of my favourite games as a child. Sadly, Sonic 4 e1 is horrible. Controls are so bad on PC for a keyboard, they basically force you into a controller.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Terraria
    Vessel
    My eyes! I cannot un-see that!
    Last edited by willowe; 2013-05-07 at 11:32 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Fable III... That game raped the child inside me...

Deleted
    Way too many.

Far Cry - Mixed it up with some other series and bought it on sale, probably. I don't like fps games so never even bothered to try it.
    Half-Life - I have no idea why I have this game. Never played it and never will.
    Swords and Soldiers HD - I think I bought it to get an achievement during some Christmas sale. Doesn't seem fun at all.
    Xotic - Another fps game I have no idea why I bought.
    AaaaaAA... - Think I got it in a bundle. Tried it once, wasn't fun.
    Flora's Fruit Farm - I really have no idea.
    The Polynomial - Another completely unfun game gotten for Christmas sale achievement.
    Sequence - Really not fond of "press the right button at the right time" games. No idea why I have it.
    SpaceChem - Another Christmas sale achievement game.
    The Guild II - I think I actually bought this because it seemed fun. It wasn't.
    The Political Machine 2012 - Same as above.
    Universe Sandbox - Not really a game. And not fun to "play".
    Secret of the Magic Crystal - I gave this as a gift to someone as a joke, and got the same back.
    Risen - I bought this in a sale after I watched the AngryJoe review that stated that it's a shitty game, but I found it funny that one of the quests asked you to sweep the floors. And then I never got around to playing it - because why be in a hurry to play a shitty game?
    Geneforge 1-5 - I remembered wanting to play these like a decade ago, so I bought them on sale. Probably never going to play them.
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I liked Morrowind apart from the shitty combat, and I've spent over 200 hours on Skyrim, but for some reason I can't even be bothered to install Oblivion. Oh well, maybe after I "finish" Skyrim (unlikely to happen).
    Gothic 1-4 - I like RPGs so probably bought these on sale or something. Can't really remember, but never felt like installing them really.
    Age of Wonders - Used to play this ages ago. Bought it out of nostalgia, probably won't install and try as I would be disappointed it's not as good as my memory says.
    Guardians of Graxia - Another Christmas sale achievement game. Spent 2 hours to get that achievement and hated the game.
    X-COM: Terror from the Deep etc - I loved the original X-COM: UFO Defense, but somehow can't make myself play the sequels.
    Tower Wars - I like tower defense games, but didn't realize this is pretty much a multiplayer only game. Meh.
    Orcs Must Die! 2 - I liked the first one, so bought the second on sale. Never installed it. It's probably fun, but eh...
    UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold - Bought it because it's supposed to be a faithful remake of X-COM, played it for 30 minutes and got bored.
    Warlock - Master of the Arcane - Sounded like a mix of Age of Wonders and Civilization in previews. Didn't actually like it upon trying it.
    Delve Deeper - Seemed like a fun game, couldn't actually play it due to buggy controls (I guess?).
    Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Worst port ever. I wish it was like the first MTG (computer) game. That one was awesome.
    Europa Universalis III - I wish I liked it. I really do.

I could go on, but... bored.

Witcher 1 and 2
    Dead Space 2
    Bastion
    L.A. Noire
    Orcs Must Die

And quite a few others. A lot of AAA games that I had no business purchasing...regretable.

Now for worthy purchases:
    Skyrim
    Arkham City
    Portal 2
    Repurchasing Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Mass Effect 3 (redundant fighting system, bad graphics, too many cut scenes... this is a story movie, not a game)

The secret World (super boring, played it for an hour, never touched it again)

Max Payne 3 (its exactly the same as Part 1 and 2, and i expect a game to evolve within 10 years, another boring actiongame nowadays)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all my games are useless xD haven't spent more than 2-3 hours in each and I have:
    Company of Heroes with Oposing fronts and tales of valor addons or w/e they are... didn't even launch it(I think it was in the THQ humblebundle which I got for 10$ to support THQ);

Darksiders(same bundle but I did finish dis one);

Final fantasy 11 where I played 3 days of the free month then never touched it again;

Forge... which I haven't touched and I still have an invitation left(it was a promo buy 1 get 1 free);

Metro 2033 which I finished way before I bought it xD(also in thq humble bundle);

Midnight Club 2 which I got for free from Rockstar when they made their Steam account or w/e it was that they gave it for free to every1 that became a member of their group;

Red Faction: Armageddon(thq humble bundle, not touched);

Saint's Row the 3rd which I played a little for the lulz but it was way too silly to take seriously and didn't bother finishing it;

Titan quest(was included in THQ humble bundle) which I didn't start coz I already knew I didn't like it;

Tomb Raider(Anniversary, Legend and Underworld, part of Tomb Raider Pack sale) which I got because I wanted to see the adventures of Lara but I haven't played any of them for more than 2h xD;

Torchlight 2 in which I have like 4h playtime of which at least 2h were me afking( didn't feel like they change enough from the first installment, same boring talent trees that don't really matter since u can just grab all the passives and never have to cast a single spell);

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War(also part of THQ humble bundle) didn't play now because I already finished it long time before.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-05-07 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Witcher 1 and 2
    Dead Space 2
    Bastion
    L.A. Noire
    Orcs Must Die
    I just can't look at those and not think damn. They are pretty much all really highly praised by all sort of different reviewers, but it is your taste so it is all good

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I've got some truly terrible reasons for the games I bought and never played.

Fable III: Really want to play (especially since I couldn't play Fable II when they skipped the PC), but I'm soooooo uncomfortable signing up and logging in to the Microsoft application for online-only games.
    Bioshock (original): I just got into the game, and after beating up the first monster, I realized that I really, really wanted to be playing with no light coming from the windows or doors of my room. Moved the PC to my bedroom, but still have not bought the necessary curtains to black out everything.
    Portal: I just look at the start screen for a couple seconds, and everything I should be doing (or other games I could be playing) convinces me to log off again before I even start. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a list of games I have that I have no idea how I got them or they came in bundles or from sales.

Air Conflicts - Secret Wars
    Air Forte
    Alter Ego
    The Basement Collection
    Battlefield 2
    Bad Company 2
    Capsized
    Cargo! - The Quest for gravity
    Cave Story +
    Chantelise (I actually got game for my wife since it looked anime-y but accidently gifted it to myself)
    Closure
    Crayon Physics Deluxe (this on is pretty fun)
    Crazy Machines Elements
    Crazy Machines 2
    Darkest Hour : Europe '44-'45 ( I literally have no idea what this game is supposed to be about) (Apparently it is a mod for a game I will post down the list)
    Dead Horde
    Death To Spies : Moment of Truth
    Death Track : Resurrection
    Dynamite Jack
    Earth Defense Force : Insect Armageddon
    Fireburst
    Flotilla
    Future Wars
    Greed: Black Border ( I looked and this games seems fun I installed it and will play it soon™)
    Helldorado
    Legend of Grimrock
    Mata Hari
    Men of War: Vietnam
    Miner Wars 2081
    Miner Wars Arena Special Editon
    Nightsky
    Off-Road Drive (the game that made me start this thread)
    Offspring fling!
    Real Warfare
    Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 (this is required to play Darkest Hour i posted above)
    Reign: Conflict of Nations
    Shank 2
    Snapshot
    Solar 2
    SpaceChem (Steam actually gifted me this game in 2011 xmas sale)
    Splice
    Star Wolves 2
    Stellar Impact
    Super Hexagon (this game makes me go meh)
    Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP
    Titan Quest
    Trapped Dead
    TRAUMA
    Twin Sector
    Unstoppable Gorg
    Vegas; Make It Big
    Zombie Pirates

I have quite a few other games I got in sales and bundles but I intent to one day that i didn't list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Orion: dino horde ........................ i dont even!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i realise the topic says steam but does it have to be just steam? as i have a bunch of games i buy only to never play again or play once and decide i hate em and never return to them and ocasionally look at them wishing i never got em
    ive gotten most of my games from them being overhyped only for them to be complete shit.. think dead island, army of two, two worlds, any C&C game after generals, spore, merc 2, my list goes on and on

and for steam i can list the few games i own that i wish i never got or hat eto death for different reasons.

alien breed 2:assault : free from a steam summer sale and havnt played it since that summer sale

dota 2+dota test from a key played it once and never went back

magicka never finished it as theres rarely anyone playing it plus when there is the connection is usually terrible

metro 2033 free around the time last light got announced played it to 8th level just to get fedup of dying and gave up

payday:the heist pretty much the same as magicka but when you do get a team the fail rate is enormous

portal finished the campaign and never went back..

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 12:58 AM ----------

so many listed games by others that i wish i couldve had instead of the ones i got

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I need to play through the first Two Worlds before I move onto to number 2 incase the stories are connected. I just discovered Beat Hazard yesterday. Been having great fun with it. No telling how long i have had it.
    please dont get two worlds its a total piece of crap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i realise the topic says steam but does it have to be just steam? as i have a bunch of games i buy only to never play again or play once and decide i hate em and never return to them and ocasionally look at them wishing i never got em
    ive gotten most of my games from them being overhyped only for them to be complete shit.. think dead island, army of two, two worlds, any C&C game after generals, spore, merc 2, my list goes on and on

and for steam i can list the few games i own that i wish i never got or hat eto death for different reasons.

alien breed 2:assault : free from a steam summer sale and havnt played it since that summer sale

dota 2+dota test from a key played it once and never went back

magicka never finished it as theres rarely anyone playing it plus when there is the connection is usually terrible

metro 2033 free around the time last light got announced played it to 8th level just to get fedup of dying and gave up

payday:the heist pretty much the same as magicka but when you do get a team the fail rate is enormous

portal finished the campaign and never went back..

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 12:58 AM ----------

so many listed games by others that i wish i couldve had instead of the ones i got

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:00 AM ----------

please dont get two worlds its a total piece of crap!
    I already have Two Worlds. I got it and Two Worlds 2 for like $3.

Also you can include non-steam games if you wish.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Oh it's good to see I'm not the only one who falls prey to steam game sales. I can't be bothered listing all the games I don't play, it's too depressing. But good to know there are others out there who suffer my burden!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Oh it's good to see I'm not the only one who falls prey to steam game sales. I can't be bothered listing all the games I don't play, it's too depressing. But good to know there are others out there who suffer my burden!
    The ones I listed are just ones I haven't played. I have way more that I have tried for a matter of minutes and promptly uninstalled or just never beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have quite a few.
    Warhammer 40k Dawn of War + all of its expansions and standalones. Bought a bundle , only played Dawn of War II, Chaos Rising and Retribution, completely ignored all the first games.
    GTA IV Not sure why i bought this tbh, but i remember buying it along with Batman Arkham City on a Steam sale, and only played Batman.
    Serious Sam, Serious Sam II Bought on a whim along with other games,on the summer sale, haven't touched them yet.
    Dota2 Bought acess, played a couple hours, haven't touched it since, now i'm drowning on invites to send.
    Left 4 Dead I had the second, played with a friend, decided to buy the first and leave till i got around to play it just for completion. Still rotting on the library.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-05-08 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Uh, there are so many...
    But all of them I bought directly. And I still would want to play them, but missing the time right now.

Let's see.
    Dungeon Siege 3 - Probably will play it when I finished the 2nd one, which I started, but it wasn't that much fun
    Elder Scrolls 3 / 4 (I played Oblivion when it came out many years ago, not on Steam)
    Gothic 1/2/3 - Played the first when it came out, also not on Steam
    Risen
    Kotor 1/2 - Played the first when it came out, also not on Steam
    Two Worlds 2
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Civ 3 complete
    Civ 4 (+ Beyond the Sword, Colonization, Warlords)
    Bioshock 1/2
    Empire: Total War
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    Thief Gold / Thief 2 / Thief: Deadly Shadows
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown
    SimCity 4 - Played through the tutorials, began my own city, then the game crashed, and I didn't touch it ever since.
    Be careful with TESIII. The story, quest lines, art is all great, but if you play it expecting old Skyrim, you will be sore disappointed. The graphics and controls are clunky, the game is brutally unforgiving, and often you will be given literally zero direction for quests. Not to mention you can very easily end up killing vital plot characters...
    But if you can get past that, the lore and exploration aspects are stellar.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.