Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me sad he specifically said Holy... was kinda hoping they would fix some glaring issues that still exist with Ret instead of band-aid damage buffs.

I suspect a Frost Bomb nerf. I would hope something like bombs not benefitting from shatter. Affliction... IDK, make Malefic more frontloaded? Their only issue is how hard it is to malefic while getting trained.

Just saw a tweet saying to make it fire school so they aren't punished for it being kicked. Might work, but doesn't make much logical sense. It's not really a fire spell...

Holy, I honestly think the only change really necessary is allow them to use Divine Protection while stunned.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-05-08 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Rogues going back to being cc machines, with the mobility of a turtle but not the survivability of one. As for damage find weakness along with pvp power nerf removes our burst and sublety doesnt have any sustained to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    lol rogues were totally useless at in MoP til 5.2 and at 5.3 we get almost back to square 1 where we will be a tad better than useless and u want us out for a season or two again , boy u rly have something going very wrong up there.

as far as i see in terms of PVP the DEVS are totally useless they released warriors and hunters gods in MoP , 1 patch later they owned warrior , rogues were so bad now 1 patch later they give amaizing cool toys just to take them away the next patch... they are clueless when it comes to balance , i wont get my hopes high to see AFF locks buffs alot just to be screw up again with them at 5.4
    rogues were hardly use less jsut way overshadowed by how stupid warriors and hunters were, now its warriors who are over shadowed but not bad.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    Rogues going back to being cc machines, with the mobility of a turtle but not the survivability of one. As for damage find weakness along with pvp power nerf removes our burst and sublety doesnt have any sustained to back it up.
    PvP power nerf lowers everybody's burst. Not really an argument. That's like me complaining on my boomkin that now my burst sucks. Damage is all going to be relative if damage/healing nerfed across the board.

Deleted
    Don't think they'll buff affliction, they'll probably nerf it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    slow news day i know, but this is something..

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 03:45 PM ----------

wouldnt it be funny if they buffed mages and nerfed lock / pallys? lol
    I would love it if they nerfed locks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I would love it if they nerfed locks.
    Do you want affliction nerfed specifically or a general nerf to the warlock class?

I cant imagine what class you play that have any problems whatsoever with an affliction warlock

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    PvP power nerf lowers everybody's burst. Not really an argument. That's like me complaining on my boomkin that now my burst sucks. Damage is all going to be relative if damage/healing nerfed across the board.
    Thats sort of a bad fix tho. This will only make weak specs weaker and strong specs as strong as they were earlier (in comparison to the weaker specs that is)

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Do you want affliction nerfed specifically or a general nerf to the warlock class?

I cant imagine what class you play that have any problems whatsoever with an affliction warlock
    Annoying isn't it? Even mods fail at mentioning what specs they are thinking about.

My guess is that the person you quoted was talking about destro lock burst, but it's hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    In before mage buffs, warlock and paladin nerfs....
    The fact they still have to talk about it doesn't predict anything good imo :/
    recently and not so recently holinka has covertly gotten suggestions from high level locks on how to improve affliction / general lock performance. i know some of locks that have submitted, we're in good hands if he heeds the advice.

i'm pretty happy there's a discussion at all tbh.. better then no plans, lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Don't think they'll buff affliction, they'll probably nerf it again.
    i'm optimistic since he's admitted several time he feels the representation is too low and locks are not in a great place.. but who knows.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-08 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    I bet the PvP Power nerfs will just tone down burst/damage of classes who didn't need the nerf. The ones in dire need of a trimming (I'm looking at you, mages!) are fine with replacing some PvP items with PvE and just bypass this.

"still talking".
    Pretty generic and doesn't really mean anything.
    In the context of that tweet, it means that they are not yet happy with the holy pally and affliction warlock changes, and so further changes could happen.
    Either buff OR nerf.
    That has yet to be determined.

10+ Year Old Account
    frostbolt nerf on the changes today is pretty stupid.. why they do sh*t like that and promote more mongo gameplay is beyond me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    "still talking".
    Pretty generic and doesn't really mean anything.
    In the context of that tweet, it means that they are not yet happy with the holy pally and affliction warlock changes, and so further changes could happen.
    Either buff OR nerf.
    That has yet to be determined.
    take it in the context of that convo and many others... where he's said he wants to buff both of those classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are as powerful or more so on live then Rogues, Hunters, Spriests, which all are getting nerfed. Holinka, lead pvp dev, tweeted he doesnt think mages are Fine. Therefore if mages aren't nerfed, it proves the "GC plays mage so he makes them OP" argument. As Holinka should only get overruled by GC, and he is obviously not in the wrong on this.

I hope Holy Pallys get something good. I think they got nerfed due to being in KFC, when really they werent OP at all, and just had 1 great comp. Maybe make Hand of Protection work against spells, which could help with Melee balance too.

Locks hopefully will get an AFF buff for Arena, and a Destro nerf for RBGs, 2+ Locks per RBG needs to end.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Classes that don't solely rely on burst will be in better place, the rogue mobility nerfs will also mean mages & other casters will run even more rampant than they already do. Now they just need to buff warlocks a bit and its MLS happy funtime.

edit: Also that frostbolt nerf is going to the wrong way again, promoting instant spamming.
    Also PoM should be removed all together. Healer LoSing every poly and then mage gets that pom poly that wins the game is just bad design.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-05-08 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    recently and not so recently holinka has covertly gotten suggestions from high level locks on how to improve affliction / general lock performance. i know some of locks that have submitted, we're in good hands if he heeds the advice.
    We warlocks have always submitted a lot of info, they rarely ever listened to us... Xelnath even came to us for lock specific changes, of all info I've submitted myself, the only change was gateway no longer disappearing when running out of range, which they broke and fixed again in 5.2.

What's going on now is that warlocks are being lead by the mage developer, someone who obviously has no clue on how warlocks work, hence why we are getting so many shitty changes lately. Just the fact that they still have to talk about changes doesn't predict anything good. We need some big changes, you simply don't wait till the end for big changes, you do it in the beginning, otherwise you end up with completely underpowered/overpowered shit because there was no time to test it.
    Overall, we'll be ending up in an even worse spot next patch unless some really big changes happen, and I just don't see it happen. The combination of gateway nerf + extra ramps in arena + battle fatigue and PvP power nerf is just too much. While other ranged classes will be hit by it as well, due how things work out, it's a lot worse for us.

/end of rant

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    Classes that don't solely rely on burst will be in better place, the rogue mobility nerfs will also mean mages & other casters will run even more rampant than they already do. Now they just need to buff warlocks a bit and its MLS happy funtime.

edit: Also that frostbolt nerf is going to the wrong way again, promoting instant spamming.
    Also PoM should be removed all together. Healer LoSing every poly and then mage gets that pom poly that wins the game is just bad design.
    What frostbolt nerf?

Deleted
    a frostbolt nerf wow healing on it got nerfed every class has had gamebreaking nerfs im sick of mages getting away with it seriously GC needs to leave blizzard he is a plague one wow and PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    What frostbolt nerf?
    13% nerf to damage and healing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should make all casters, especially mages rotatio requirement to _CAST_ at the moment mages only jump around and spam lance...
    Lets hope locks&pallys wont become godcome after their little incoming buff...

Ive never played Frost, but wont a Frostbolt nerf just make Frost Mages go back to using Ice Lance during burst? (Which would be worse as it dumbs down the gameplay).