Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It probably has something to do with stats when casted. IIRC they don't let you overwrite stuff with "weaker" versions (A more powerful spell is already active)
    It's exactly this. BUT! The next problem is how blizz has determined which buff is stronger than the other. I just played a little bit on the puppet and for instance the 2000int procc is rated higher than the 100% crit buff. It also seems that the only stat taking into account is int / spellpower. You can overwrite a 30% haste + 100%crit buffed immolate with a immolate which is only buffed by jade spirit.

So with bad luck in AoE fights uvls procc is wasted at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I've been trying to pin down exactly when they don't let you refresh Immolate, and I think the problem stems from it being considered the same DoT in the game's engine.

It probably has something to do with stats when casted. IIRC they don't let you overwrite stuff with "weaker" versions (A more powerful spell is already active)

At least the above jives with what I've observed, because sometimes I can refresh an Immolate w/ FnB, and the other way around, and sometimes I have to let an FnB-Immo tick all the way off before applying a normal Immo. (Which is REALLY annoying for when you have to FF for movement.)
    In my experience, "More powerful" spells are just completely random. You know that one item, dark crystal of insanity or something, you get off a rare in Valley, that gives +500 to all primary stats ... if I'm say out questing or whatever before raid and I have that on, I have to manually click it off before I can apply a real flask.

This is something that actually should be brought up with the devs -- what exactly are the parameters for "a more powerful spell is active".
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

We are progressing on Heroic Horridon Tonight.

I will be playing destro.
    Had a question about reforges. I have meta gem and played aff for first 2 heroic kills so I have gemmed and forged haste to 12.6k and mastery at 6.7k which works awesome as afflic + legendary gem.

Now, going destro for horridon, should I keep this reforge or reforge/regem for full mastery?

Oh and btw, Bruslak. I watched your heroic horridon vid a few times and learned lots. Would appreciate if u had any key tips for me
    tnx
    Last edited by miasmah; 2013-05-08 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    We are progressing on Heroic Horridon Tonight.

I will be playing destro.
    Had a question about reforges. I have meta gem and played aff for first 2 heroic kills so I have gemmed and forged haste to 12.6k and mastery at 6.7k which works awesome as afflic + legendary gem.

Now, going destro for horridon, should I keep this reforge or reforge/regem for full mastery?

Oh and btw, Bruslak. I watched your heroic horridon vid a few times and learned lots. Would appreciate if u had any key tips for me
    tnx
    I would suggest as much mastery as you can for Horridon. If you don't want to regem you don't have to unless it is needed but I would reforge for mastery as best you can as a minimum.

We finally got 25H Horridon last night, and while I had great dmg to get through the doors quickly, in the last phase I dropped like a stone on just the 2 targets and finally on Horridon at the end. I think I was in the neighborhood of 230k until that phase, ended at 185k after the last phase. I had over 15,000 mastery when buffed 12,299 before buffs. 5k haste. Biggest problem with my gear currently is the 18% hit I have after reforging EVERYTHING away from hit. Now that Horridon is down I may regem to get more haste back and go back to afliction, still pondering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkertwat View Post
    We finally got 25H Horridon last night, and while I had great dmg to get through the doors quickly, in the last phase I dropped like a stone on just the 2 targets and finally on Horridon at the end. I think I was in the neighborhood of 230k until that phase, ended at 185k after the last phase. I had over 15,000 mastery when buffed 12,299 before buffs. 5k haste. Biggest problem with my gear currently is the 18% hit I have after reforging EVERYTHING away from hit. Now that Horridon is down I may regem to get more haste back and go back to afliction, still pondering it.
    Horridon is taking +200% bonus damage once all 4 doors are down. Usually you should be doing more on horridon than you were doing on the door adds unless you were letting them really pile up and dealing with 6+ targets most of the time. In addition, are you using expertise gems for red slots as well? In higher ilevel gear most people are able to reforge away from enough hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkertwat View Post

Those DPS Numbers seem to be switched... Why would you be doing less damage on Horridon after all doors are down?

If that is truly the case then you must of been doing something wrong... did you use SB on Horridon after all the doors went down?

Any tips for h jin'rokh? Guild should be doing him next week

Also, semi-related... top US 25m normal parse on jin'rokh (3rd in EU/US) with 249k

/brag

Deleted
    Any tips for h jin'rokh? Guild should be doing him next week

Also, semi-related... top US 25m normal parse on jin'rokh (3rd in EU/US) with 249k

/brag
    I'm sure this has nothing to do with everybody being in 25H, the fight lasting 2'49, and you having 60% uptime on Wushoolay, 36% on Mastermind and 36% on BL/Tempus Repit

Just one tip : do NOT use Unbound Will in the pool

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I'm sure this has nothing to do with everybody being in 25H, the fight lasting 2'49, and you having 60% uptime on Wushoolay, 36% on Mastermind and 36% on BL/Tempus Repit

Just one tip : do NOT use Unbound Will in the pool
    But I got the lightning ball on me once or twice! That RUINED my DPS.

Does imp dispell still work on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

nope they nerfed that into the dirt like week 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    nope they nerfed that into the dirt like week 2
    Actually they reverted it, been using imp dispel for the past 4 weeks without issue.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking about the sac dispel.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-05-09 at 11:26 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unbound Will works fine too, especially on 25H where dispelling only yourself with the Imp (in a 15y radius or so) can be tricky if you don't want to run miles away from the pool.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Quote Originally Posted by Surutcra View Post
    Unbound Will works fine too, especially on 25H where dispelling only yourself with the Imp (in a 15y radius or so) can be tricky if you don't want to run miles away from the pool.
    I have been taking unbound will and popping a sacrifice shield and dispelling nearly simultaneously. This requires stepping out of the pool for less than 3 seconds (even less if you have a portal set up from pre-fight for the first one) and you should make sure you do it when you have no procs and are in the ember generation phase of your cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Actually they reverted it, been using imp dispel for the past 4 weeks without issue.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm talking about the sac dispel.
    All dispels work, supremacy / normal / sac.

Simcraft now has me at Haste > Int and Matery > Int, with it being Haste>Mastery>Crit for both single and multiple target fights since I now have 522 Hydra, 522 Cha-Yes.

I saw my jin-rok DPS go down as opposed to my int, mastery, haste priority, however that was with using grim sac.

I'll do some testing but I'm currently sitting at 11.5k haste, 5.5k mastery, 4.5k crit

Lycanlock - Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    Simcraft now has me at Haste > Int and Matery > Int, with it being Haste>Mastery>Crit for both single and multiple target fights since I now have 522 Hydra, 522 Cha-Yes.

I saw my jin-rok DPS go down as opposed to my int, mastery, haste priority, however that was with using grim sac.

I'll do some testing but I'm currently sitting at 11.5k haste, 5.5k mastery, 4.5k crit

Lycanlock - Alleria
    I find it hard to believe that for multiple target fights just getting two RPPM trinkets makes haste more worthwhile than mastery for you. With enough targets mastery can be valued close to int 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremory1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that for multiple target fights just getting two RPPM trinkets makes haste more worthwhile than mastery for you. With enough targets mastery can be valued close to int 1:1.
    I only tested my new gemming on Jin-Rok with GrimSup, not GrimMast. Uusually I'm Grim mastery.

I have yet to do an AOE or multi dot fight with the haste reforge but I do agree that Mastery > Haste for Horridon, Council, Tortos, Ji-kun

Been searching around the lock forum/this thread and haven't found a perfect answer. So i'll just look like an idiot and ask the question.

For heroic horridon, if you want to help dispel your group then you would go grimsup and the imp would automatically dispel everyone?

Thanks

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 05:25 PM ----------

Looking for the video you're talking about, unable to find on youtube

Deleted
    It's not an auto dispel, you have to target an area, and it only dispels 3 people at a time.