10+ Year Old Account

so what happened to the raiding/gearing guides on official forums?

for example. warlocks have 0 up to date raiding guides. mages have only 1 and thats for fire,hunters have 0. feral and moonkin dont have a 5.2 edition on the official forums. shamans have no healing guides for mop. retribution is lacking a proper glyph/rotation guide. prior to mists i used to be able to go to the official forums and find up to date guides for each spec/class in their respective forums. now im finding myself having to go to external sites and in the case of hunters......having to really dig deep as not even mmo champ has any hunter guides. did i miss the threads and they havent been stickied yet? or did the people who make those guides quit wow and there's no one to fill in the gaps? if it's the latter i find this to be very troubling as how are new players or old players just coming back supposed to figure out their rotation/gear up properly/glyph/choose talents without spending a lot of money and having to do spreadsheets themselves,etc. not everyone is able to do that or has the time.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a lack of interest in writing one.
    Check out Icy Veins or Noxxic, they provide rough guides.

I probably wouldnt write one because those sites provide the most important questions anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game did become less complicated from a gearing PoV, maybe that has something to do with it
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    The game did become less complicated from a gearing PoV, maybe that has something to do with it
    thats not what i keep hearing about mages and having to constantly reforge crit/haste/mastery based on spec. also not sure how that would explain the complete lack of any guides at all on official forums for certain classes to give people a general direction.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    icyveins has a BiS list for each class and guides
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    icyveins has a BiS list for each class and guides
    i realize that there are external sites im just wondering if something happened that people have stopped making guides on the official forums for some of the classes/specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    thats not what i keep hearing about mages and having to constantly reforge crit/haste/mastery based on spec. also not sure how that would explain the complete lack of any guides at all on official forums for certain classes to give people a general direction.
    Personally i've noticed the amount of gearing guides took a serious blow after the implementation of reforge.
    You can basicly grab any gear availeble and reforge it too your liking.

Now i agree that doesn't explain why there arn't any threads with the gerenal 'rule's of thumb' or 'how to reforge as x'.

But gearing in itself became much easier.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    for example. warlocks have 0 up to date raiding guides. mages have only 1 and thats for fire,hunters have 0. feral and moonkin dont have a 5.2 edition on the official forums. shamans have no healing guides for mop. retribution is lacking a proper glyph/rotation guide. prior to mists i used to be able to go to the official forums and find up to date guides for each spec/class in their respective forums. now im finding myself having to go to external sites and in the case of hunters......having to really dig deep as not even mmo champ has any hunter guides. did i miss the threads and they havent been stickied yet? or did the people who make those guides quit wow and there's no one to fill in the gaps? if it's the latter i find this to be very troubling as how are new players or old players just coming back supposed to figure out their rotation/gear up properly/glyph/choose talents without spending a lot of money and having to do spreadsheets themselves,etc. not everyone is able to do that or has the time.
    Why would anyone put a lot of time and effort into making a forum post, when you can find all the information on countless specialized sites? Who even looks at the forums to find a guide?

10+ Year Old Account
    on that vein was there a reason a lot of stuff has mastery on it?

also i used to go on the official forums to get my raiding/gearing/gemming info for my warlock/hunter. the guides there were pretty useful.

Reforge addons/Askmrrobot tells you how to reforge/gem/enchant

The guides would only be useful for rotation/spells/addons but IcyVeins mostly cover those 3 things nicely