Page 1 of 3
LastLast

More nerfs incoming (specifically pvp)

Unholy might, skill takes strength down to 10% strength bonus from 15%
    FeS taken down to 175% weapon damage
    And gorefiends grasp now only targets 4 player characters at a time

If the already in place nerfs weren't bad enough, it seems patch 5.3 has doomed DKs to mediocrity in everything except for tanking in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    Unholy might, skill takes strength down to 10% strength bonus from 15%
    FeS taken down to 175% weapon damage
    And gorefiends grasp now only targets 4 player characters at a time

If the already in place nerfs weren't bad enough, it seems patch 5.3 has doomed DKs to mediocrity in everything except for tanking in PVE
    The FeS nerf was because they buffed SS weapon damage.
    the only actual nerfs so far at the 10% on unholy might and gorefiends only hitting 4 people

I don't play DK, but the Gorefiend's Grasp change makes no sense to me. I mean, melee is barely represented in the higher RBG brackets.. and Blizzard just killed off one of the two that were barely in with this change. Now the only ones will really be Rogues. What a stupid change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    The FeS nerf was because they buffed SS weapon damage.
    the only actual nerfs so far at the 10% on unholy might and gorefiends only hitting 4 people
    You really don't use SS in pvp, if you do you are wasting runes

Also, holy crap when is blizzard going to stop messing with unholy might, that skill has gone through more changes than Michael Jackson's face
    Last edited by Ritterdestod; 2013-05-08 at 06:52 AM.

So much for being Unholy next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    You really don't use SS in pvp, if you do you are wasting runes

Also, holy crap when is blizzard going to stop messing with unholy might, that skill has gone through more changes than Michael Jackson's face
    You do use SS sometimes. I probably use SS more often than I use Festering Strike, so it's a small buff for Unh DK. Unholy Might change isn't tho, but it might make people stop QQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't play DK, but the Gorefiend's Grasp change makes no sense to me. I mean, melee is barely represented in the higher RBG brackets.. and Blizzard just killed off one of the two that were barely in with this change. Now the only ones will really be Rogues. What a stupid change.
    they probably want to nerf gorefiend+ursols vortex+ring combo, as they said in the past

Deleted
    Well looks like Unholy will be losing out on some substantial damage with unholy might nerf, remains to be seen how bad it will be. Gorefiends nerf was expected I think, GC already said on Twitter that its synergy with Solarbeam/Vortex was too good.

I guess this means that most DKs will be rocking Remorseless winter and Desecrated Ground

Deleted
    Bitch please stop bitching, you're OP as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Bitch please stop bitching
    This pretty much.

Deleted
    Seems like with the Rogue changes (find weakness down to 50% armor bypass from 70%) there will be no melee in the RBGs at all (if picked out damage wise). But since it's unwise to seek out group members purely by dps it won't be that much black and white.

I agree unholy DKs don't need nerfs in the arena environments (when compared to rogues/hunters/spriests/mages) Gorefiends Grasp was too much in RBGs because of it's synergy with AoE CC it has made DKs mandatory the same way moonkins are with their enlarged solar beam.

Just gonna add, since a lot of people will interpret this wrongly, I'm not saying that in any stretch of reality that Unh DKs are bad or need buffs, I'm saying that if they were nerfed they'd be down next to where warriors are right now, due to their low survivability outside of blood pres and conversion.

lol and here i was yesterday wondering if i should leave 2H frost for unholy and reading all the festerblight thing . . . . i guess i can stay forst/blood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alandris View Post
    lol and here i was yesterday wondering if i should leave 2H frost for unholy and reading all the festerblight thing . . . . i guess i can stay forst/blood
    UH DK will still be very good and probably better overall then Frost in pvp.

The Gorefiend's Grasp sucks ass. The ONE thing that made RBG's cool is now gone. Man. RBG's are supposed to be about mass CC. Now it's gonna be 4 people grips into a small beam. GG fun.

Festering Strike nerf... does it really matter?

Idn't Festering Strike just used to keep diseases up and to grant death runes?

10+ Year Old Account
    A good grip is often enough to win the whole game on a ctf map, especially at higher ratings. Death knights will remain perfectly viable in RBG, they'll still be target callers and a good grip can still win you the game, it will just be harder to get a good grip done.

Deleted
    With all these nerfs etc., does this make haste and mastery better, since SS shadow damage will also rise now, gargoyle is more linear with haste etc. so haste and mastery will overcome crit easily now?

Deleted
    And scourge strike damages are buffed.
    I use more scourge strikes than i use festering strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Festering Strike nerf... does it really matter?

Idn't Festering Strike just used to keep diseases up and to grant death runes?
    Festering Strike + 5% Str nerf in unison matters, it's just a small difference for "traditional" unholy but bigger for festerblight.
    If you are talking about PvP though, no idea tbh, I haven't PvP'd in ages.