Poll: What should be done with Every Man for Himself?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Every Man for Himself - Time to Go?

So thinking about it lately (really didn't take much thought to begin with, but alas) a lot of a the ridiculous burst we see from some classes can be partially attributed to those classes having access to an extra damage trinket, be it an extra 4k Int/Str/Agi + 1300 PvP power, or simply some of the insane PvE trinkets available due to playing human. No other race has something as gamebreaking for PvP, though a close contender could be considered Undead's Will of the Forsaken.

While this game can be considered far from fair in some respects it would be nice for all races to be around a level playing field; some classes such as Druids and Shamans are restricted in that they have no choice but to play a race other than human; as they are restricted to 4 races.

I'm not saying this racial is gamebreaking, but I would think a decent portion of the PvP community would think this racial is a bit beyond what's available to the majority of other races in terms of PvP gameplay.

So to get down to it, and I definitely welcome discussion for any sway to the matter, what would you like done about this racial? Left alone? Removed and replaced? Given to everyone? Or simply reworked, maybe with a higher cooldown than standard Medallion trinkets for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time to go was years ago... In fact every racial should go. You should play a race because you like the looks not because you like the racial.
    Aye mate

You're a little late to the party with this one. That said, it hasn't stopped real tournament teams from being primarily horde. If the people that have played the game for money haven't found it to be that centralizing then I don't think it's that big of a deal with nothing on the line on live. It's good, but so are the Orc and Troll racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's time to go was years ago... In fact every racial should go. You should play a race because you like the looks not because you like the racial.
    Definitely disagree that racials should go. The majority of players pick the race they like regardless anyway so punishing min/maxers (very very minimal percentage of players) and further homogenizing the game is just stupid as hell.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-05-08 at 09:46 AM.

Yes your right EMFH is so damn OP ....oh wait that's why 75% of top raiding guild are horde .....GTFO man ....really ? Find something real to complain about other then a subpar factions best racial ....ohhh sorry one single racial stand against horde racials ....God fucking forbid ...

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-08 at 10:33 AM.

will of the forsaken -> EMFH anyday of the week, along with the orc stun reduction + meta and the AP buff they get

Horde -> alliance in both gameplay, and looks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    Yes your right EMFH is so damn OP ....oh wait that's why 75% of top raiding guild are horde
    You're in the PvP subforum.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Yes your right EMFH is so damn OP ....oh wait that's why 75% of top raiding guild are horde .....GTFO man ....really ? Find something real to complain about other then a subpar factions best racial ....ohhh sorry one single racial stand against horde racials ....God fucking forbid ...
    He's talking about PvP, not PvE.. In PvP it's really strong and gives more than just slight advantage..
    In PvE so many people went troll for ToT for the same reason - 5% dps increase is just too good to pass on..

Racials shouldn't go away.. but they should be reconsidered and changed.. More flavor/fun racials please (rocket jumps etc..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    What would you like done about this racial? Left alone?
    No.
    Removed and replaced?
    Probably. It'd have to be PvP based, as the rest of the Human talents are mostly PvE based. Increased base resilience?
    Given to everyone?
    Quite the opposite: all trinket effects should be removed when they lower the amount of CC all classes have.
    Or simply reworked, maybe with a higher cooldown than standard Medallion trinkets for example.
    Pointless, as the racial's barely used in PvP and increasing its cooldown makes it useless in PvP, as it shares the cooldown.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

When the first question asked when applying to a guild became: "y u no troll???" i was done with the game.

I remember way back when I first saw EMFH, I honestly though it was something that had been introduced for everyone to replace trinkets altogether. I mean if the pvp trinket so mandatory that everyone has one, I think it's better off being baseline. Otherwise the net effect really is "during pvp, you are reduced to one trinket slot". So yes, as a human character player, keep EMFH, but give it to everyone. It's a tool everyone should have in the same way most everyone has a stun, or bandages, etc.

Deleted
    So thinking about it lately (really didn't take much thought to begin with, but alas) a lot of a the ridiculous burst we see from some classes can be partially attributed to those classes having access to an extra damage trinket, be it an extra 4k Int/Str/Agi + 1300 PvP power, or simply some of the insane PvE trinkets available due to playing human. No other race has something as gamebreaking for PvP, though a close contender could be considered Undead's Will of the Forsaken.

While this game can be considered far from fair in some respects it would be nice for all races to be around a level playing field; some classes such as Druids and Shamans are restricted in that they have no choice but to play a race other than human; as they are restricted to 4 races.

I'm not saying this racial is gamebreaking, but I would think a decent portion of the PvP community would think this racial is a bit beyond what's available to the majority of other races in terms of PvP gameplay.

So to get down to it, and I definitely welcome discussion for any sway to the matter, what would you like done about this racial? Left alone? Removed and replaced? Given to everyone? Or simply reworked, maybe with a higher cooldown than standard Medallion trinkets for example.
    There is 6 race for shamans not 4.
    But on topic I would really hate to see removal of so minor racial just for some pvp reason since its for my opinion really nice for humans pve racial

10+ Year Old Account

You say 'I'm not saying this racial (EMFH) is gamebreaking' but then you turn around and advocate for its removal or given to everyone. Why is that? Is it gamebreaking or is it not?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you bring up the fact that Shamans and Druids do not have access to EMFH, due to class restrictions.
    Take that as one of the 'cons' for those classes, as they already have an abundance of 'pros'. Add a 'pro' to the other classes humans can play.

It is this matrix of capabilities that give the game some depth.

I hate when people try to homogenize it just because they get outplayed and blame it on something other than that fact.

Deleted
    A simple solution would be: give EMFH to all classes, make it base spell, available at lvl 10 or 11.
    Guive Humans a new racial.
    Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    A simple solution would be: give EMFH to all classes, make it base spell, available at lvl 10 or 11.
    Guive Humans a new racial.
    Problem solved.
    If there was one thing that SW:ToR's PvP actually did right, it was giving everyone a baseline PvP trinket as an ability.

EMFH should be replaced with something, as it stands Humans can either put on PvE trinkets before they get nerfed or a second PvP trinket for the massive PvP power increase, as well as still maintaining the Freedom trinket.

Undeads are the closest in comparison, they have 1 1/2 trinkets (As WotF doesn't break everything) but at least you have a 30s period where you can catch an Undead without a trinket and he wont have an additional 3-5% PvP Power passively.

EMFH should either be baseline or removed, purely because of how strong it is in PvP. For PvE, you can easily argue that only the top few % really care about their race enough to race change when something better comes up, which is true. The problem is now is that people roll new characters as Humans specifically for the racial when they reroll a new alt. That is a design flaw.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-05-08 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    You're in the PvP subforum.
    Doesn't matter, he's right. Horde racials are through the bench far superior to anything whatsoever the Alliance has. Hell 25% lower stun duration as Orc is insane, add a dmg racial to that and so on. Horde racials are vastly superior for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You say 'I'm not saying this racial (EMFH) is gamebreaking' but then you turn around and advocate for its removal or given to everyone. Why is that? Is it gamebreaking or is it not?
    Because it's about the only decent Alliance PvP racial and he can't have it as a druid. So he's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    EMFH should either be baseline or removed, purely because of how strong it is in PvP.
    By that logic several other racials such as Will of the Forsaken, Orcs 15% stun reduction (25% with meta gem), troll mini bloodlust and so on would have to go aswell. They are right up there with EMFH if not actually stronger in some cases and for some classes.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-05-08 at 01:30 PM.

Remove all racials. ther's a reason most top pvpers and pver's are horde.
    they have the best pvp and pve racials right now, every man for himself being one exception.

Infracted.
    We're talking about PvP, not raiding. And we can't help it that we're better than you, that's just the way things are.

OT: I think that racial needs scrapped for something else, and every class needs a "Getthehelloutofeverything" ability so that trinket slots can be properly utilized for every race/class combination. I think SWTOR did this, not sure if ever class got it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Remove all racials. ther's a reason most top pvpers and pver's are horde.
    they have the best pvp and pve racials right now, every man for himself being one exception.
    I actually agree, racials add nothing and force people to play races they don't want to. Hell about every single last high rated Horde shaman is orc and for a reason. I don't want to be an Orc ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    By that logic several other racials such as Will of the Forsaken, Orcs 15% stun reduction (25% with meta gem), troll mini bloodlust and so on would have to go aswell. They are right up there with EMFH if not actually stronger in some cases and for some classes.
    Those racials aren't mandatory. Will of the forsaken pretty much was at some point tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.