Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    EU is doing great, servers are 10x as busy atm then they were in cata, EU isn't the problem.
    Asia/China is atm :P
    That is due to people transferring, the big servers are getting bigger, and the low pop servers are getting worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And haters will proclaim WoW officially dead.

Actually, that does explain all the action to merge Korean servers.
    I think there's a difference between being a "hater" and being realistic. I think almost every negative thing said here has been a valid point. Naturally there will be some (perhaps a lot) of people who can overlook the shortcomings and still embrace the Game. There's no hate or scorn towards you if you are one of them.

Seriously there is Difference Between Haters and Debaters.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-and-Debaters.

Haters: THIS FUCKING SHIT SUCKS ASS.

Debaters: I don't like this becuase etc
    No reason to name call because you do not like someone else's opinion.

On topic it sure will be interesting with the east out of the picture
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-05-08 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I'm not sure. Recruiting people in one of the biggest EU realms gets harder and harder.
    High pops have seen a big drop even with all the transfers in both the US and the EU.

July 2012 -> Today

US
    Illidan 63,013 -> 18,125
    Frostmourne 48,707 -> 17,714
    Tichondrius 38,124 -> 12,776
    Malganis 39,421 -> 18,125
    Area 52 39,742 -> 23,957

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
    http://web.archive.org/web/201207160...realms/rank/us

EU
    Twisting Nether 32,257 -> 20,225
    Silvermoon 42,371 -> 20,505
    Kazzak 49,011 -> 19,894
    Draenor 30,224 -> 22,450
    Blackrock 40,665 -> 16,048

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    http://web.archive.org/web/201207170...realms/rank/eu
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfenus View Post
    I assume this means Blizzard can't prop up the subscriber count with the chinese numbers anymore.
    It's going to be really interesting to see how the numbers look without the chinese ones thrown in.
    I've read that MOP has really not gone down well in China as it is a Western view of Chinese culture, some one on here even mentioned that the Pandaren were supposed to be representative of Chinese culture but spoke with a Japanese accent. If this is the case it is a massive own goal for Blizzard and I simply cannot believe that there was such a lack of attention to detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love conference calls, give lot's of interesting things to read at work ^^

I expect a 500k loss ^^.
    A drop under 9mil. would be fun to witness from a forum reader's PoV
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope new expansion announcement. With how fast MoP is going I don't think they can hold off until Blizzcon to announce it.

Even if they gain subscribers people will claim WoW is dead and that subs are artificially inflated by this or that.
    We're in the middle of MoP after 7 or 8 months now, 5.2, end is going to be 5.4 (Im guessing there won't be a 5.5)... not that far into the expansion yet.

Sticking with a projection of 200K loss, but who the heck really knows.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

In how much time will numbers be revealed?

I am guessing a slight drop in subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    In how much time will numbers be revealed?

I am guessing a slight drop in subs.
    In 9 hours from now the conference starts, if I calculated correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if subs rose in the west and fell in the east? MoP has been great, so i see no reason why subs would rise during wrath and fall during mop when mop is every bit as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if subs rose in the west and fell in the east?
    That may have been close to what happened in Q4 2012. Revenue was very good even though active accounts fell 400K.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That may have been close to what happened in Q4 2012. Revenue was very good even though active accounts fell 400K.
    Yeah makes sense. Imo the game is as active as the start of cata, so i think from 12-9m maybe only 1m was from the west while the other 2 were from the east.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that west subs are as much as 5 million though some people say they were 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And also the fact he's wrong because Cata didn't just bottom out at some point. It kept falling until MoP came out.
    Actually, Cataclysm gained subs with 4.3. A lot of them in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Actually, Cataclysm gained subs with 4.3. A lot of them in fact.
    There was no quarter in Cataclysm (after release) in which the game gained net subs. There was one quarter where subs were flat.

I'll make a prediction, not long from now there will be a lot of new threads about this created, and most of them will get locked.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

hopefully i am one of the many thousands that stopped playing "hello World of Colorscheme island panda adventure pokemon extreme"

Honestly the game should be f2p at least just baseline leveling. You gain no rep or currencies no professions except first aid a very low gold cap but you can level to cap. This way people would not be so discouraged when they get to cap and realize the roles/specs they have to play in pvp/pve are not what they were hopein to play. Speaking for new players as I got pretty much every class @ cap.

I am really interested in seeing how many subs they lost. Esp knowing 5.3 will bring nothing cool to keep the content hogs happy. im going to say 75k-100k subs lost(i hope for way more than that though)
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

-500k Is my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the EU, it is 8th May today i guess we won't hear it today, i guess it's still the 7th in US or am i wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I live in the EU, it is 8th May today i guess we won't hear it today, i guess it's still the 7th in US or am i wrong?
    They are behind us but not a full day.

It's 07:20 in the morning at blizzard headquarters, about 9hours behind from Norway where I live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I also live in norway, so i think at 8-9 pm its when the call will start