Thread: help with surv

help with surv

since i came back to wow and into mop, i'v been bm....i'v gotten very good with bm, top notch hero guild blah blah. I usually peak at 300k in bm, but do know that surv is nice in some boss encounters (dang it's annoying how pet constantly becomes gone or unavailable on margaera or however spelled, advice welcome on that) so i gave in and set os to surv. Currently have the talents 'ravens, dire beast and glaives', reforged to crit>haste>mastery and i'm pretty sure rotation is spot on letting dnd explosive shot go for 3 tics before next one......but my surv spec i still get all of shat for dps compared to bm, i mean it's crap

macros i use:

no macro with es

castsequence reset=1.5 glaive toss, black arrow, dire beast

no macro for arcane shot

/stopcasting
    /cast kill shot

/cast rapid fire
    /use 10
    /cast raven spell w/e it's called

any advice is very appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    since i came back to wow and into mop, i'v been bm....i'v gotten very good with bm, top notch hero guild blah blah. I usually peak at 300k in bm, but do know that surv is nice in some boss encounters (dang it's annoying how pet constantly becomes gone or unavailable on margaera or however spelled, advice welcome on that) so i gave in and set os to surv. Currently have the talents 'ravens, dire beast and glaives', reforged to crit>haste>mastery and i'm pretty sure rotation is spot on letting dnd explosive shot go for 3 tics before next one......but my surv spec i still get all of shat for dps compared to bm, i mean it's crap

macros i use:

no macro with es

castsequence reset=1.5 glaive toss, black arrow, dire beast

no macro for arcane shot

/stopcasting
    /cast kill shot

/cast rapid fire
    /use 10
    /cast raven spell w/e it's called

any advice is very appreciated

You dont need, to wait for the ticks of explosive shot anymore, when L&L procs, spam Explosive, and if i correct the macros with "cast sequence" do not work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    i'm pretty sure rotation is spot on letting dnd explosive shot go for 3 tics before next one......but my surv spec i still get all of shat for dps compared to bm, i mean it's crap
    You need to use Explosive shot 3 times as soon as DnD procs.

Do you have logs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You need to use Explosive shot 3 times as soon as DnD procs.

Do you have logs or something?
    i heard, that during renataki proc you would have to use a global inbetween like the good old days. is this true? apparently, the 2nd and 3rd explosive shots refresh the dot of the first explo shot in a manner that ignores the new ticks of agility gained from renataki.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    i heard, that during renataki proc you would have to use a global inbetween like the good old days. is this true? apparently, the 2nd and 3rd explosive shots refresh the dot of the first explo shot in a manner that ignores the new ticks of agility gained from renataki.
    I don't know. My heroic ranataki sits in my bag since I have too much expertise on other items. The reason you should use 3 explosive shots as soon as possible is for the cooldown to start running again.

You would be losing extra explosive shots if you wait to reapply the DoT.

I don't know. My heroic ranataki sits in my bag since I have too much expertise on other items. The reason you should use 3 explosive shots as soon as possible is for the cooldown to start running again.

Firing back to back LnL doesn't make you lose on damage, only ticks. If you fire another ES while the last one is still in progress, it reworks the DoT to include the last tick or so from the first tick into the new ES as increased damage.

OT:

You don't need any macros for playing, they just make stuff really annoying and uncontrollable. The only reason I have my ES, CS and AS as Macros, is that they have /petattack, /petassist, Engi Tinker and Blood fury bound to them so they proc on CD and my pet attacks the right target(Although for some bosses I remove petattack/petassist commands and leave my pet on something for the entire fight).

In MoP, you can fire all 3 ES back-to-back without losing on Damage, if your ES hits a target with an already ticking ES, they merge and cause a stronger(appropriate to the damage of the remaining duration of ES) DoT.

Also you should be using Fervor as SV, DB can still get killed or fcked over if boss has to move(Eg. Primordius, tank has to move boss away from pools) and Fervor compliments a lot of the fights in this tier(multi-dotting etc.) and also makes using aMoC easier.

Doesn't really matter if you're over expertise cap. Even if I had 1000 more exp than needed, I would still go with my Rena HC.

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast kill shot

Iirc, LnL is on a 10 sec icd, so you don't have to fire those ES's immediately to prevent losing another LnL proc. However, the sooner they're fired off, the sooner your CD comes back up on your regular ES.

Also, why point out how high you peak like that matters? Bottom line is what people go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Davexter View Post
    Doesn't really matter if you're over expertise cap. Even if I had 1000 more exp than needed, I would still go with my Rena HC.
    Yeah even at exp cap Renataki's beats every other trinket from ToT, I think. You'd have to simcraft it in your gear, but.

Quote Originally Posted by Krachaboras View Post
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast kill shot
    I'd just completely take /stopcasting out of your kill shot macro. I believe it will stop your auto shots which isn't good.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

First, I'd like to confirm what has already been posted:
    • There is no need to let explosive tick all 3 times. "Clipping" ticks is actually a dps increase because the damage is preserved and it puts explosive shot on CD faster.
    • Two stopcasting lines will stop auto shot, then cobra shot, in that order. This is actually useful in pvp for getting quick kill shots off, but a dps loss in pve.

Here are my additions on this:
    I don't see a point to your glaive toss/black arrow/dire beast cast sequence macro. If you are trying to cast dire beast, you'll need to press that button three times, which creates unnecessary input lag. IMO it is better to have three separate binds for these abilities.

Most people take fervor with survival. Dire beast will sim higher but this is due to sim error - the sims use fervor on cool down which will typically waste focus. Dire beast is great for BM because its damage increases with BM mastery, but survival mastery does not increase dire beast damage.

I'd suggest marching rapid fire with stampede. Rapid fire increases the focus regeneration of all the stampede pets, thus increasing the damage of your biggest cool down.

As for pet becoming nonexistent on megaera, you can't really do too much about that if your guild's strat involves kiting back far, but there are a few things you can do increase pet uptime. First, you can set up a weakaura which displays an icon when you have no pet present. Second, you can add a line in a kill command or explosive shot macro which automatically summons a pet if you don't have one present. It would look like this:

/cast [nopet] call pet 3

You can change the 3 to any number between 1-5 to summon the different pets under your "call pet" spell.