Deleted

Macroed Blood Tap : is that a problem ?

So, i started 3C3 arena for the first time of my life Sunday, i got 1550 on this day, then, Monday, we reached 1750 and we did not played since.
    We want to reach 2K but i'm almost sure that it wont be that easy, so, i'm thinking about improving my gameplay as unholy death knight, so i wanted to know :

I macroed my Blood tap on almost all my main spells simply cause i was bored of using it manually, i think it would distract me from my main "gameplay". Is it a bad thing ? Should i learn to use Blood Tap manually or it perfectly works like that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why this question is still being asked, really.

If you cba to maintain Blood Tap, why even spec into in the first place?

But yeah, it's bad to macro your Blood Tap to all of your main attacks because you'll never be able to stack up Blood Tap high enough to use it for burst in combination with Necrotics (10 stacks + 2-4 death runes + CDs = large necrotic, but in your case you'll never have enough blood tap stacks) and you'll never be able to manage the stacks properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I don't get why this question is still being asked, really.

But yeah, it's bad to macro your Blood Tap to all of your main attacks because you'll never be able to stack up Blood Tap high enough to use it for burst in combination with Necrotics (10 stacks + 2-4 death runes + CDs = large necrotic, but in your case you'll never have enough blood tap stacks) and you'll never be able to manage the stacks properly.
    Well, simply cause even while putting it into macros it's about 100 times better than the two other talents ?
    I'll try to use it manually, but i think that it will be a pain for my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Well, simply cause even while putting it into macros it's about 100 times better than the two other talents ?
    I'll try to use it manually, but i think that it will be a pain for my eyes.
    Contrary to popular belief, BT is not the be all, end all of the 75 talent for unholy dks. Using RC gives you 100% rune regeneration on all your runes. This passive ability allows you to focus more on playing your toons & really gives you resources in a hurry. I proc RC a ton and getting all my runes back in 3-3.5 secs means a lot of damage going out. It's not predictable and I'm solely PVE focused, but RC > BT all day.

It's still better than the other options if you macro it to the right abilities but obviously a disadvantage over using it manually with the correct timing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    That's because for single rune abilities that require a death rune it may still be better than RE or RC.

Sure it's stupid to use it as Blood or frost 2H , since basically you're just getting a lower proc rate version of RE.

You can think of it as a slightly lesser efficiency RE that doesn't need to be gamed and gives death runes. There's no reason to use it as 2H frost, but it is a valid choice for DW frost and unholy.

Deleted
    So i tried to use it manually, but i can't stack it at all, i mean, if i don't use it at some moments, i simply get out of runes and can't do shit, macroing it make it faster to regenerate my runes and i never lack of runes when using macros.
    But i know that it would be better to use it manually, should i give up or continue trying to use it manually ?

Deleted
    So i tried to use it manually, but i can't stack it at all, i mean, if i don't use it at some moments, i simply get out of runes and can't do shit, macroing it make it faster to regenerate my runes and i never lack of runes when using macros.
    But i know that it would be better to use it manually, should i give up or continue trying to use it manually ?
    For PvE there really isn't a noticeable difference between having it macrod and doing it manually (for unholy) It returns death runes and this can only be a good thing. I doubt you use festering strike much in PvP, so having an orphan frost or blood rune just means an extra rune to use on a dispel/slow or blood boil to spread your diseases. It "might" be better to use it manually, having an extra rune banked for necrotic stacking or burning someone down but, frankly I doubt it's going to make the difference between 1750 and 2k rating. If you're not used to using it manually then it's going to be a hindrance.

IMO either just bind it to your mouse thumb button and get used to it or macro it to death coil and forget about it ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    For PvE there really isn't a noticeable difference between having it macrod and doing it manually (for unholy) It returns death runes and this can only be a good thing. I doubt you use festering strike much in PvP, so having an orphan frost or blood rune just means an extra rune to use on a dispel/slow or blood boil to spread your diseases. It "might" be better to use it manually, having an extra rune banked for necrotic stacking or burning someone down but, frankly I doubt it's going to make the difference between 1750 and 2k rating. If you're not used to using it manually then it's going to be a hindrance.

IMO either just bind it to your mouse thumb button and get used to it or macro it to death coil and forget about it ;-)
    I think you are right, searching to resolve my problem with blood tap will probably annoy me so much that i wont be able to play decently, i think i'll simply try to get 2K and then... i'll try to play another class with which i wont take bad habits.

If anything, having played Masterfrost all throughout Heroic DS progression, I enjoy how much control Blood Tap gives you. I macro it as well and only really have one thing I don't understand about it. Does using a macro that casts Skill and BT reset your swing timer? Especially when I solo things as blood, I always notice that my swing animation seems to reset after using Death Strike macro'd with Blood Tap.

BT does not reset the swing timer. Note that I last tested it in beta, so that may have changed, but I doubt it. Activating BT has its own little animation, and that's probably what you're seeing. If you want to test it just get a swing timer addon, very easy to do with a 2H.

So, i started 3C3 arena for the first time of my life Sunday, i got 1550 on this day, then, Monday, we reached 1750 and we did not played since.
    We want to reach 2K but i'm almost sure that it wont be that easy, so, i'm thinking about improving my gameplay as unholy death knight, so i wanted to know :

I macroed my Blood tap on almost all my main spells simply cause i was bored of using it manually, i think it would distract me from my main "gameplay". Is it a bad thing ? Should i learn to use Blood Tap manually or it perfectly works like that ?
    You don't need to macro it to all your abilities. You simply need to macro it to the spell respective to each spec. So Macro Blood Tap to Rune Strike if in Blood, Frost Strike if in Frost and Death Coil if in Unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    You don't need to macro it to all your abilities. You simply need to macro it to the spell respective to each spec. So Macro Blood Tap to Rune Strike if in Blood, Frost Strike if in Frost and Death Coil if in Unholy.
    i've been playing RE whole of mop, but now when i've finally switched from 2h frost back to frost dw, i wanna give blood tap a try again. but because of how my keybinds are set, i would have no room unless i macro together some spells. should i both have frost strike macroed with blood tap together with blood tap indiviually, or just the frost strike macro alone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleelle View Post
    i've been playing RE whole of mop, but now when i've finally switched from 2h frost back to frost dw, i wanna give blood tap a try again. but because of how my keybinds are set, i would have no room unless i macro together some spells. should i both have frost strike macroed with blood tap together with blood tap indiviually, or just the frost strike macro alone?
    I'll be the first to admit I've always been better at playing unholy/2h frost but for a while when I was learning to manage BT manually as DW I started off with having it macrod to HB and SR with a weak aura that showed how many stacks I had. This gave me an element of control during heroism/AMS absorbs without having to truly manage it manually and/or getting overwhelmed with resources when I didn't really want or need them. After a little while I just moved on to manually using it via one of my mouse thumb buttons that used to have HoW bound to it (so it was natural anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    BT on mousewheel never forget never forgive.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.