Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So what do we want for the next expansion?

Sure its probably 6-12 months away, but we might as well start talking about it.

All i really know at the moment is that I hope for something new, not a rehash of an old skill/ability. (Pandemic and another short range teleport were not exactly ground breaking). While im not going to complain about the added utility this expansion, i was more excited about Being able to cast while moving then any other direct change to the class.

Lets go through this proper.

What do you think we NEED. You are welcome to put in a wishlist as well just label it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Improved Rain of Fire - which allows you to target the mob and not have to worry about placement of it. So it would follow the target around till the duration has expired.

Am I asking for too much here?

Deleted
    Well, me and half the warlock community have always wanted a Pit Lord in our spellbook.

Be it a Minion, a Guardian, a completely new spell (like a 1 min CD that quickly opens up a portal through which a Pit Lord comes and attacks your target once for a lot of damage), or even in the form of a glyph, to make your Felhunter/ VOidwalker into a Pit Lord-ish model.

Male version of the succubus.

Lets be honest, I need something to look at here.
    Cyner#1996

I want for the class to keep at least 50% of what we got this expansion... But I'm afraid the repercussions of this favoritism we've been exposed to will be with us for the next 2 at least.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    *I* want fourth spec, and warlocks getting blood magic, healing while dealing dmg kind of thing. Then I want the new models to actually be awesome and not a mere refurbishing, with new shiny animations etc. last but not least, I want to see their answer to low-pop servers, and I want it to be good & final.

edit: oh, and female demon form for locks.
    edit2: what we want as locks, damn, should l2read topic title before posting, anyway - some wishes up there for my lock, so... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post

To be fair, they did say they wanted to add genders to our demons, so I'll go ahead and ask: I want a female VW!
    Last edited by mmocbfaacb1cad; 2013-05-08 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    Improved Rain of Fire - which allows you to target the mob and not have to worry about placement of it. So it would follow the target around till the duration has expired.

Am I asking for too much here?
    I actually dont mind placing the circle because you know very well that just like what happens when you target one mob in a group to do an empowered immolate, that single mob will leave the entire group to attack a lone mage standing 30 yards away from the group.

What i hate is that i hit the range limit on RoF very often and end up wasting time due to an out of range error. I would prefer that it just cast at the max range based on the target cursor direction instead of just not doing anything just because you nudged from green circle to red x.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    *I* want fourth spec, and warlocks getting blood magic, healing while dealing dmg kind of thing. Then I want the new models to actually be awesome and not a mere refurbishing, with new shiny animations etc. last but not least, I want to see their answer to low-pop servers, and I want it to be good & final.

edit: oh, and female demon form for locks.
    edit2: what we want as locks, damn, should l2read topic title before posting, anyway - some wishes up there for my lock, so... ^^

lol

reminds me of "Official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200 shot range model air rifle!"

"No, you'll shoot your eye out!"

Deleted
    Murlocs as a player race

10+ Year Old Account
    Infernal rain... Yes, that would be fun.
    Aside from that, I want to see some changes to destruction to make it more wotlk'ish, I don't like the whole "let all your damage come from 1 spell" playstyle, the wotlk "pew pew" playstyle was a lot more fun.

Rehash of Destruction, make it a mix of WotLK and Cata. Burning Embers go away as a resource and become somewhat similar to Windwalker's Tiger Eye Brew: Each stack increases your damage by X, when you reach 5 stacks you have 20 seconds to use up an ability that significantly increases your damage for 10 seconds. This way there's a small interesting ramp-up mechanic that isn't too clunky and annoying in PvP. Basically, we do small damage spikes in a sustained way, just like we were supposed to in WotLK and Cata.

Also, gief back Soulshards as a class-wide mechanic: Cata system was great, much better than Burning Embers and current system imho. If you say they sucked back then, you didn't know how to use them properly.

Go back to what the class used to be: Less extreme burst and defensive cooldowns, more sustainability. I think it'd be fair if we'd keep one active defensive ability (so either Unending Resolve or Pact/Bargain should go) in exchange for getting back the old Soul Link. Dark Soul shouldn't be a one trick poney. Dealing shit damage throughout the fight then roflstomping for 20 seconds is frustrating for everyone in a way.

Bring back the old CC model, Shadowflame included. Seriously, Cata warlock CC was probably the most balanced incarnation ever. You couldn't use shit brainlessly, everything implied choices and consequences so you'd think wisely before blowing off a Death Coil.

Did I miss anything?

Nothing.

Well, not nothing. But, realistic speaking, nothing, besides a legendary caster sword, would be awessome. It's always staves.

I'm pretty happy with warlocks overall, and my fear is that they will take away all the fun things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Nothing.

Well, not nothing. But, realistic speaking, nothing, besides a legendary caster sword, would be awessome. It's always staves.

I'm pretty happy with warlocks overall, and my fear is that they will take away all the fun things.
    Every caster can use staves but not ever caster can use swords.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mauve fire.

A personal army like with the Imp thing demonology has.

Remove the guardians all I care, they are such a lower % of my dps that I don't really care

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post

I like your way of thinking.

I would like to see:
    * Doomguard/Infernal playing a bigger part than just "that thing you pop once per fight".
    * Destruction overhauled. The single target ember generation is beyond dull imo. Feel free to disagree.
    * Sacrifice/Supremacy/Service being reworked. I personally prefer sacrificing, pets have a tendency to complicate things and bug out on various encounter mechanics. But some more pet-based damage dealing could be fun as well. I'm thinking something allong the lines of Beastial Wrath and Kill Command, but then warlocky.
    * A CC to make up for the loss of Howl of Terror, Death Coil and Shadowfury, 2 if they decide to give all other classes yet another, which I fear they might. Imagine that :: - PvP would be so wacky. What am I saying, it already is
    * Demon Customization. You pick whatever demon you want to use, say voidwalker, and decide that it should be ranged and have seduction instead of taunt. So it shoots shadowbolts and can cast seduction. Other classes would be jelly.

Deleted
    * RoF Single Target replaced by having back two more DoT Spells for Destruction. Keeping the smoothness of the current Rotation, but adding a bit more DoT Juggling into it again.
    * Bringing Warlock Pet DPS in line, I want my Imp back
    * Turning Demon Hunting Glyph into a real 4th Spec (Suspected Path anyways. I doubt they can make another Class that fills any meaningful Role at this point)
    * A GLYPH THAT TUNES DOWN THE EMBER EFFECT OF 4 EMBERS TO 2 EMBERS VISUALLY. I AM NOT A HUMAN TORCH GOD DAMN IT.
    * Flying Mount. Waiting since TBC.
    * A return of the Cata Soul Shard System. Current System doesn't feel Warlockish.
    * Make Infernal/Doomguard Guardian Pets not a necessary part of the Rotation, but instead bring them back to what they were in Classic/TBC. That was way more fun. And yes, with the Sacrifice!
    * Keep Sacrifice, remove Service and Supremancy (make the models a Glyph) and bring in some more interesting and diverse Talents
    * Baseline more DoT Duration for Affiliction and a return of Shadowbolt instead of pure drain (Shadowpriest Gameplay is more fun now then Affliction). Add something else to do in between.
    * Wild Imps turned into a baseline skill for Demo. Everyone needs that anyways

Hrm ... there is probably more, but right now this is it pretty much.

Pretty much bringing back older designs and adding things people have wished for this expansions without breaking the new stuff and making us more complex to play again. Fuck streamlining, it eats up all the things that made a lot of classes interesting.

Deleted
    Chaos Bolt dot gone.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what I'd want to ask for really.

I'm pretty happy with destro - though GC seems to want to remove ROF from the rotation, and I think I'd find the rotation a bit too boring without ROF / the little bit of extra mana management it can create.

Demo I've fallen out of love with, I really don't like the meta play - I wouldn't mind some more emphasis on demons, but most of the demo playerbase seems to love meta - so I'd rather just chalk it up to the spec not being for me anymore.

Affliction I've had some major gripes with the changes, both from a pve and pvp standpoint I prefered the older wotlk -> cata models. I love what they did with soulshards (to an extent, I like how they feel like a valuable resource, I don't like the ramifications of SB:SS), but the core MG filler I absolutely hate in both pve and pvp, makes the spec feel too much like a poor mans shadowpriest, which considering how long that was a huge gripe with destro (being a poor mans fire mage) seems a shame to inflict on one of the warlock specs that's always had an identity, I'd love to see MG go and Shadowbolt come back, but it's fixed too many problems on the pve front (multidot nerf etc) that I doubt it will.

I would like the infernal and doomguard to be split away from each others 10min CD though, perhaps make casting one trigger a 1min CD on the other to avoid increased burst, but I think you should be able to use both over the course of the fight - not like the infernal is ever going to get any use if it needs to compete with the doomguard.

I miss the old shadowflame - having a cone heavy slow that required some effort to get off was lovely, as was the animation. Our pvp toolkit needs some major facelifting, giving us back shadowflame would be something to help, either as baseline or as a talent, with deathcoil becoming baseline again or something.

Our final tier of talents needs some looking at. AV is just bad from a design level, MF can compete with KJC on AOE fights, which is it's niche, AV can't compete with KJC on anything unless you never move - reflected damage it just too hard to work with, change it into something else completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the revamp we kind of got everything we needed, so giving us extra spells was kinda hard, but I hope next expansion gives us something cool. A new ability that actually has a function, and not (like the current Gateway) get a spell we have to think up a function for.

For the rest I'm pretty much okay with how the specs work. I can see where things have been done to try and keep us balanced with other classes, so I have a hard time asking for stronger dots or anything. I'm actually more inclined to hope they don't take certain stuff away again (looking at KJC <.< ).