Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    10m is a huge number...
    9m is still a huge number...
    8m is a pretty big number...
    7m is a pretty big number too...
    6m is a big number...
    5m is a big number too...

But don't you see the trend?

I bet there were people at the top deck of Titanic who were saying something similar:
    "Hey, we are still pretty high above the water!"
    While the rest of passengers were abandoning the ship, yeah, from the starboard, at first.
    Man, the logic some people had regarding SWTOR was delicious

10+ Year Old Account
    No, most of them wont come back anymore. The game is in fact dying, a very slow and long death that will take several more years and most likely 1-2 another expansions at the very least before it eventually dies for good.
    It's not dying. I honestly expected this somewhat. The more we focus on "WOW IS DYING MAN111111111111111111" The worse things will be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because an MMO is only dead when it has 0 players. There are MMOs out there running longer than WoW and having only a fraction of WoW's subscribers. Hell, EVE online just hit 10 years and how many people play EVE online? 5?
    Funny thing is... 5 PLAYING it is probably a pretty accurate number. The rest of the players probably have no idea what they're doing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mm I honestly didn't see that big of a drop I'm actually surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Incoming WOW IS DYING. It isn't. Also most likely due to the Dailies qq

We'll get them all back. Things change.
    No wow is dying it will just take years for it to die but it is dying. They will never get back up to 10m+ subs. There will probably be few more expansions but they keep trying big changes and failing they're not going to get them back with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    3M. At 3M it will be at its lowest ever almost since launch and will be a sure-fire sign it is on its way out. I just wonder how many subs we have to have to keep people from using the "It's not 12M so it must be dying" argument. Can't have it both ways.
    Actually it's probably well below that level if you consider only US/Eu subs. Without knowing the data split you can't really know the comparable figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just said they their was more of a decline this year and they expect more of a decline

How many subs in the US and Europe? That's all I want to know. This 8 million number is meaningless.

No way to sugarcoat this. MoP has not stopped the decline.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will learn to stop artificially extending content through double gating and slow valor point accumulation. WoTLK model was better for everyone.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    How many subs in the US and Europe? That's all I want to know. This 8 million number is meaningless.
    im not sure if they release the data about specific regions, all they say is most of the losses are in the east.
    dragonmaw - EU

Not surprised at all. Expansion theme wasn't very good, along with LFR and dailies sucking the fun out of the game. Old content was bound to get boring eventually then people realized this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    lower thnen 3 million and counting probably at least 1000 people quit a day

Deleted
    just listened to the call

> starting to show fear for competition
    > newer game franchise will occupy playerbase attention and time
    > east AND west decline in numbers
    > still most popular mmo in history, and will continue to be (apparently)
    > further decline is an obvious outcome (due to competition)
    > yada yada

This is what happens when you THINK you can have the throne for yourself, and due to blind ignorance, you will eventually get stabbed in the back and lose the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove everything cross-realm, and remove guild levels and guild-recruit bot addons, LFG, LFR goes to the trash bin, restore server communities.

-WoW gains 50 million subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No wow is dying it will just take years for it to die but it is dying. They will never get back up to 10m+ subs. There will probably be few more expansions but they keep trying big changes and failing they're not going to get them back with that.

With this attitude we'll eventually die a quicker death.

ower thnen 3 million and counting probably at least 1000 people quit a day
    Nice numbers you got there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The drop was larger than I expected, but it's not especially surprising. It's hard to recover from a loss like that of Cataclysm, and as people leave the issue can snowball as some realms end up barren and people have friends leave.

I still love the game, I think Mists is great, and I don't think WoW is dying but it did hit its peak in Wrath.

Hopefully with more promotions and perhaps some much-needed changes to the server transfer cost (or else a overhaul of the whole server system - I'd love to see our characters not permanently tied to the servers), Blizzard can at least get things a little more stable so people don't have to worry about their guilds and friends leaving.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

this will only lead to a Domino effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    time to fire ghostcrawler and get a guy in there who knows what he is doing.
    And what evidence do you have that its GC's fault? I submit that if you cant prove incontrovertibly that its his fault then it isn't, and that you are full of shit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Funny thing is... 5 PLAYING it is probably a pretty accurate number. The rest of the players probably have no idea what they're doing
    Eve is actually quite popular...

This is normal for WoW. Expansion comes out, people come back in mass... they hit max level, do the dungeons/raids and then get bored. Big new fancy patch, they may come back for a bit, or not until the next expansion.

I for one have been unsubbed a few months, just nothing for me to do but PvP. LFR is not fun for me, as it's just a glorified Heroic. PvP just gets old after a while, and dailies are just not what I want to pay my subscription fee to do.

Not to mention there are a TON of other, Free MMO's out there. Sure they're not as good, but they're different. That's pretty much what I am doing. Eventually, i"ll probably resub. I personally hope I don't lol, but I probably will.

My server is pretty dead now, I had to end up moving to Tich. Almost too many people there -_-