Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think either exist anymore since Cataclysm, but the original Tirion Fordring chain with his son wins for me, followed by the Darrowshire quests with the Redpaths.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hm, it's not really -sad-, but the quest in Duskwood where involving the brothers Mistmantle. He came all that way to find his brother was a murderer and somewhat already dead? I never understood if you summoned him from the grave, summoned him in general, or it was a ghost, he kinda just spawns in. But claims he and his brother are not so different as you kill him. It's just sad to see Tobias go through that.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    I choked up each of the three times I did that quest chain.
    Play Davy Jones's theme durring the last return to crusader, before the Naaru release him... it just feels so powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really could not decide whether it is Rhea serie or http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13068:

If we can pick 2, these are the best with no contest.

Lightning edit: A Tale of Valor, sorry Rhea. I still keep both the ring and egg on many of my toons' bags btw.

I can't think of a single bit of emotionally moving or really sad part of anything actually in WoW. The way it plays out/controls/such just makes me feel way too detatched, and it's hard to reconcile stuff with how my character exists in the world. Plus, frankly, the game just isn't written all that well. Blizzard stuff in general isn't. Maybe not a popular opinion, but to me, it just seems like they take X franchise, put a Blizzard "spin" on it, then throw in a bunch of pop culture references. BAM. Blizzard lore!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25151

This one definitely has to be the quest that effected me most emotionally. Having to rush off to grab him ale thinking he'll be alright only to find out he wanted it to make dying easier. Then when you tell his father about it sends chills down my spine. Reminds me of that scene in 300 where the captain watches his son die and the narrator says something along the lines of, the most terrifying sound an enemy can hear is the rage filled cry of a grieving father. Not enough goblins in the world to bury to make up for his death. What makes it even more sad is that as a Horde player you're actually the one who causes the bomb to go off =(

I know it's been mentioned a fair bit but A Special Surprise always stops me from wanting to roll a dk
    *sobs*

Also when Dezco's wife died. I felt a lot of anger then...
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

Lament of the Highborne. Poor Sylvanas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    1000 times this. It makes me tear up every time. I never even thought I would miss Dadanga until they killed her off. I will never forgive them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by markuswills View Post
    Just wondered if any of you guys could recall any of the most saddest, or emotionally powerful/moving quests in wow that you have done. I was doing a quest the other day on an alt in BC shadowmoon valley and a particular quest i cant remember the name of really hit me in an emotional spot. Imo there needs to be more of these sort of quest chains instead go out and kill x monsters and bring back x hides

Any new ones in cata anyone has run into that are worth mentioning?
    For some reason any quest where you have to help the quest giver end his own wife's life because she's turned to evil/or a zombie or give them news of the death of a family member.

Those always get me right in the feels. I'm sorry Mankrik. I'm so sorry.

Oh...I forgot to mention the Horde quest to kill Chief Engineer Cogwrench in Krasarang Wilds. For some reason, I feel a little sad when he dies, and his robot thing says, "COGWRENCH, YOU WERE SMALL AND I MISS YOU." I don't know what it is.

Anyway, not the SADDEST thing, but...makes me feel a little peculiar. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

This one(Evie Stormstout) really made me sad, no quests were like this one, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Socks died in Jade Forest :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13068

This quest chain in Icecrown nearly brought me to tears by the end. ='(
    This one right here. HOW many times do we go through such a large chain of quests, only to fail at actually achieving what we were after?

At least he got peace in the end.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    This one right here. HOW many times do we go through such a large chain of quests, only to fail at actually achieving what we were after?

At least he got peace in the end.
    You know that guy. Bradford C. Bridenbeck, he was a guy whom played WoW. And died. And they created that NPC for him... A little fact

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    You know that guy. Bradford C. Bridenbeck, he was a guy whom played WoW. And died. And they created that NPC for him... A little fact
    I love Blizzard for this. They have done this for several people in the past. There is a dwarf by the Arathi Wall on the Hillsbrad side, for example, who is crying/saluting a grave. If you read the grave you see a name on it.

I forgot the name but it was a friend of one of the blizzard employees and the dwarf was the guys character and has the same name/armor/level as he was when he passed away.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I love Blizzard for this. They have done this for several people in the past. There is a dwarf by the Arathi Wall on the Hillsbrad side, for example, who is crying/saluting a grave. If you read the grave you see a name on it.

I forgot the name but it was a friend of one of the blizzard employees and the dwarf was the guys character and has the same name/armor/level as he was when he passed away.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/In_Loving_Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    That's the one. I always pay my respects to this grave when I pass through Hillsbrad.