Deleted

Defias Brotherhood - Eu

Pockets ready and mind set, will finally be moving two of my characters out of my 'dead' server, I just can't wait for Blizzard's so called 'solution', playing on a dead server just ain't fun, at all.. at least for me it isn't.

I was thinking of moving over at Defias Brotherhood EU. A friend used to play there like a year back and he kept saying how great the server was, like not chock-full (think Outland), but densely-populated and with plently world pvp events going on etc. Thing is, with servers dying out so fast lately, I was wondering how the server was doing nowadays. So if there are any DB residents around, please, speak up. :P

EDIT: Can't ask on the official forums, account frozen, planning on paying up for everything come next week. Thought I'd give it a try here meanwhile.
    Last edited by mmocbfaacb1cad; 2013-05-08 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Was on it briefly for a while but missed my friends and went back to my dead server. Within the weeks I was there I done more then I have ever done in the past 3 years on my dead server. In fact, my guild is moving to this server in about a week and a half (wonder if I can get a refund on my server change and use it to move another char). I played on both horde and ally side for a few weeks and loved both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Was on it briefly for a while but missed my friends and went back to my dead server. Within the weeks I was there I done more then I have ever done in the past 3 years on my dead server. In fact, my guild is moving to this server in about a week and a half (wonder if I can get a refund on my server change and use it to move another char). I played on both horde and ally side for a few weeks and loved both.
    Thank you very much for this.

Luckily (ok, not really) I don't have any friends left that play WoW at the moment, so I am hoping to start fresh and get to know new people, and stuff.

Deleted
    It's a good community on DB, take care to keep it that way Best realm I ever played on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played there for like six years now; it's not really as active as it once was, but not a whole lot of servers are these days. Still plenty of morons on both sides, but it's a decent enough server.

Not sure where you're getting the WPVP info from though. Aside from (very infrequent) RP-PVP raids, there's not a whole lot of it anymore. A few guilds do try to keep it alive though, so props where props are due.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great Realm, We have a couple problem guilds, But apart from that it has a nice community, Good economy and plenty of fun, Are you a Horde or Ally player?
    And Zael, I've seen a pala with your name there a few times, Never thought it was actually you=P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I've played there for like six years now; it's not really as active as it once was, but not a whole lot of servers are these days. Still plenty of morons on both sides, but it's a decent enough server.

Not sure where you're getting the WPVP info from though. Aside from (very infrequent) RP-PVP raids, there's not a whole lot of it anymore. A few guilds do try to keep it alive though, so props where props are due.
    Yeah, it's either full or just plain empty these days, and I hate extremes. I thought that maybe DB is one of the few remaining in-between kind of thing servers, and hopefully not on the soon-to-be-empty list. My old server had like 60 90's during peek hours. Economy was.. horrendous to say the least. Such a depressing experience playing there.

As for the WPVP info, it was my friend that played there back in cata, maybe he was exaggerating, because he wanted me to move there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    It's a great Realm, We have a couple problem guilds, But apart from that it has a nice community, Good economy and plenty of fun, Are you a Horde or Ally player?
    And Zael, I've seen a pala with your name there a few times, Never thought it was actually you=P
    Problem guilds, as in, a bunch of jackasses that like to start flame wars etc.? Care to name them please? Wouldn't want to end up in one. And I am a horde player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Pretty sure I'm the only active Zaelsino in WoW. There are three other toons with that name in EU... and two of them are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Yeah, it's either full or just plain empty these days, and I hate extremes. I thought that maybe DB is one of the few remaining in-between kind of thing servers, and hopefully not on the soon-to-be-empty list. My old server had like 60 90's during peek hours. Economy was.. horrendous to say the least. Such a depressing experience playing there.
    Yeah, it's sad; I've not played on any other realms since TBC, so I've been a little spoiled by DB. It feels more or less split even between Horde and Alliance (not sure what census says, but eh) so it never really feels too faction-heavy or that you're outnumbered (except the days of three Horde raids meeting four total Alliance back in WotLK WG; Jesus, the memories...)

It's a good choice. I don't think you'd regret it.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-09 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    'We' do get WPvP with city raids, but I have no idea how frequent it is compared to other servers.

The economy is fine, and I prefer the community on DB than those on other servers. I haven't been that active in the community since cata though(took a 9 month break), so I'm not sure if it changed.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post

As for the WPVP info, it was my friend that played there back in cata, maybe he was exaggerating, because he wanted me to move there.

Problem guilds, as in, a bunch of jackasses that like to start flame wars etc.? Care to name them please? Wouldn't want to end up in one. And I am a horde player.
    Problem guilds are Horde side Dominion is one, They seem to think they are amazing at PvP when actually all they do is gank people when they outnumber them, and raid Ally citys at about 2am, and then Solace, They seem to have some very immature and young members that like to log low level toons and spam insults at you, They are very well known guilds on the server

It would be great to have some more people on the realm, I'm an Alliance player mainly, allthough once 5.3 hits I'm going to level my Horde toon, PM me your character name if you come over I'm always available to help people when i can

Deleted
    I play on Defias Brotherhood on all 10 of my characters and honestly I have only good things to say about the realm. In the past I have played on 5 or 6 servers, and Defias Brotherhood was the one I ended up making my permanent home, active community (although maybe more so on horde), couple of problem guilds but nothing major, I'd say go ahead.

It's certainly best server I've been playing at. If there is unbalance in A:H ratio, you don't really feel it (coming from Ally). Some trolls here and there like people said but generally very decent people. And there is pretty much no CRZ due to RP-PVP type.

Deleted
    The Goons did their best to fuck things up when they arrived but they appear to behave themselves these days, or at least they did before I stopped playing. They spent the whole time trying to troll the realm. They didn't like it when I returned the favour and ruined one of their little gatherings, you should have seen the whispers I got

Deleted
    I am convinced. Once again - a big thanks to everyone for all the info. ^^