Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What are the BEST raid compositions for ToT(10)?

I'm sure several would work adequately, and from what I've seen, ranged are preferable.

What are your thoughts?

Probably two tanks, 3 healers, and 5 dps/

Being serious here,

2 Prot Pally

1 Holy Pally
    2 Disc Priests, 1 with Shadow OS

1 Rogue
    1 Boomkin (for Spell Haste)
    At least 1 Warlock for Healthstones and brez
    At least 1 Mage for Lust

Bad gear distribution, but the most potential once everyone gets gear.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-05-09 at 05:31 AM.

This is what I'm looking for. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon for maximising strong classes, having good gear distribution and covering raid debuffs/buffs:

1 Prot Pally (SotR, Raid healing, self healing, HoP 1, Light's Hammer)
    1 BRM Monk (Ridiculous DPS and AoE and offspec WW ain't bad for 1 tank fights)

1 Holy Pally (Strong healer with absorb mechanics, HoP 2, AM)
    1 Disc Priest (Strong healer with absorb mechanics, barrier, atonement, pain sup)

1 Ele Sham (hurrdurrchainlightning, HTT, ankh, lust)
    1 Rogue (High DPS, smoke bomb, tricks, melee interrupt 1)
    1 Mage (High DPS, lust)
    1 Lock (Affli slow, portals, healthstones)
    1 Hunter (Tallstrider pet, MDs)
    1 DPS DK (Gorefiends Grasp, melee interrupt 2)

This will work well as long as your healers are capable of 2 healing all fights, having a prot pally/brm monk raid healing, HTT from shaman, smoke bomb from rogue and lock portals should make it possible. All of these classes have high level self protection mechanics too (static shocks etc).
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-05-09 at 06:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    prot pally
    BrM monk

hpally
    disc

boom
    lock
    mage
    hunter
    ele
    Fury warrior
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-05-09 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Like its been said, best is to have 2 healing tanks so you can roll with 2 healers. Prot pala + Monk combined heals alot more than one healer.

prot paladin+BM monk tanks
    Disc priest (every 10 man lei shen Heroic kill has had atleast 1)+ monk/paly
    1-2 melee
    4-5 ranged

Covering all buffs of course. Double prot paladin is strong but as alot earlier have said and we have seen in running double prot paladins for last few weeks. There really strong but not having a monk is almost a 60k dps loss which is huge on some fights.

Deleted
    prot pala/bm monk + druid/warrior

disc priest
    hpala
    resto shammy/mw monk/resto druid

ele shammy/boomkin
    lock
    mage
    spriest
    hunter
    dk/rogue

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Covering all buffs of course. Double prot paladin is strong but as alot earlier have said and we have seen in running double prot paladins for last few weeks. There really strong but not having a monk is almost a 60k dps loss which is huge on some fights.
    Bein a prot paladin myself, I would say, I would never run double prot paladin, synergize very badly. Though, you should not see a 60k dps loss between monk and paladin, there is likely a difference in your players ability to play monk/paladin then.

Deleted
    • Tanks (2): 2xpala (they are the best, it's funny they are not being nerfed)
    • Healers (2-3): 2xdisc priest (their dps is very important on 10man and they are the best healers for most of the bosses), 1 pala heal
    • Melee DPS (1 or 0): 1 rogue or 1 dk (as always ranged dps are better for most of the fights)
    • Ranged dps (5-6): 2xwarlock (best dps class by far right now), shaman elemental (best aoe spec), hunter (a lot of utility), boomkin and one of the healers as shadow for 2heal bosses.
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-05-09 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    • Tanks (2): 2xpala (they are the best, it's funny they are not being nerfed)
    • Healers (2-3): 2xdisc priest (their dps is very important on 10man and they are the best healers for most of the bosses), 1 pala heal
    • Melee DPS (1 or 0): 1 rogue or 1 dk (as always ranged dps are better for most of the fights)
    • Ranged dps (5-6): 2xwarlock (best dps class by far right now), shaman elemental (best aoe spec), hunter (a lot of utility), boomkin and one of the healers as shadow for 2heal bosses.
    This is pretty much our setup and Maegra HC is so rng without a plate melee, we have our lock gather the arcane adds, then boom he gets ice beam.

So while having 6 range is best for most fights, its a really block on some fights

Deleted
    Tanks:
    Prot+Brm (possibly guardian instead of brm).

Healers:
    Disc+Hpala

Dps:
    2x lock (top dps)
    mage (top dps)
    uh dk (top dps)
    balance druid (solid spec, soaks leather caster loot).
    elemental shaman (okay spec, soaks mail loot).

resto os on balance/ele (or both).
    blood os on the uh dk for cases where you want to 3 tank/need a semi-tank.

Amazing single target, aoe and especially multidot (quite cruical in tot). Best two healers in the game. Best two tanks in the game. Only slight weakness that I can come up with is that you'd need to use a resto druid/shaman as the third healer over double disc/a mistweaver, but this is worth it for a superior dps line-up/decent gear distribution. You do have 3 cloth dps competing for loot, and 5 for caster trinkets, but that's practically required to get a decent line-up with the current state of the classes.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-09 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    We currently running with:

Tanks:
    Guardian Druid
    Protection Paladin

Healers:
    2x Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

DPS:
    Unholy DK
    Shadow Priest
    Warlock
    Elemental Shaman
    Hunter

(also we have backup DPS Warrior and 2nd Warlock)

I think its nearly top setup, maybe you can switch tank Druid with tank Monk, but doesnt matter much. Mage would be nice as well, but I refuse to play it as main instead of Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    We currently running with:

Tanks:
    Guardian Druid
    Protection Paladin

Healers:
    2x Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

DPS:
    Unholy DK
    Shadow Priest
    Warlock
    Elemental Shaman
    Hunter

(also we have backup DPS Warrior and 2nd Warlock)

I think its nearly top setup, maybe you can switch tank Druid with tank Monk, but doesnt matter much. Mage would be nice as well, but I refuse to play it as main instead of Shaman.
    Your dps setup is quite weak for a 'top roster'

Ele shaman go mage, Spriest go boomkin, and guardian go monk. That will severely increase your potential. Besides that a very nice roster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Your dps setup is quite weak for a 'top roster'

Ele shaman go mage, Spriest go boomkin, and guardian go monk. That will severely increase your potential.
    Ele shaman is insanely strong atm, better to have the hunter go mage, and nothing wrong with guardian druid, I would actually keep their spriest(or maybe the hunter) and have their guardian gear up boomkin off spec for those 1 tank fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ele shaman is insanely strong atm, better to have the hunter go mage, and nothing wrong with guardian druid, I would actually keep their spriest(or maybe the hunter) and have their guardian gear up boomkin off spec for those 1 tank fights.
    I find them quite weak exept for their AoE potential. But many other classes can fill that gap. Any fights you find them exeptional? Better then a mage overall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    I find them quite weak exept for their AoE potential. But many other classes can fill that gap. Any fights you find them exeptional? Better then a mage overall?
    I don't find them better than a mage overall, however I find them better than hunters or spriest overall, hence, I would rather have one of those rerolling and keeping the shaman.

Stormlash and the heal whatever it is called is very underrated.

If you look at the average damage between a spriest and a shaman in 10 man, the shamans dps is only about 2-3% behind the spriest, however the stormlash totem far outweighs that and shaman heals are stronger than spriests, and shamans are even higher than hunters. No real reason to bring a hunter over a shaman other than maybe misdirect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I don't find them better than a mage overall, however I find them better than hunters or spriest overall, hence, I would rather have one of those rerolling and keeping the shaman.

Stormlash and the heal whatever it is called is very underrated.

If you look at the average damage between a spriest and a shaman in 10 man, the shamans dps is only about 2-3% behind the spriest, however the stormlash totem far outweighs that and shaman heals are stronger than spriests, and shamans are even higher than hunters. No real reason to bring a hunter over a shaman other than maybe misdirect.
    Boomkin have better heals then shamans and i would take the hunter simply for easier buff coverage. And stormlash is mwah in 10man. I do agree that hunter is not very good atm either. But if you run a very tight roster, sometimes buffs just won't be covered.

Deleted
    Tanks:
    Prot Pala (mandatory)
    Brewm. Monk

Healers:
    Holy Pala
    Disc Priest
    Optional (Rest. Shaman I guess)

DPS:
    Rogue
    Lock
    Balance Druid
    Optional 2 (I'd say Hunter and DK)

Deleted
    Ancestral Guidance is only on 2 minute cooldown, so it is a shorter cooldown than boomkins tranq (which is not really good without HotW)
    Stormlash is worse in 10 than 25, but it is still very good.