Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    How did you separate the bars from the title?
    /skada config

Windows, Window, Title Bar - Margin
    Adjust that slider, and do the same for the Window frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    That seems to be a HOT. I can't check the exact names right now but look for a button " Hot Icons " on the " Panels " tab, then there should be several dropdown boxes in the lower right part of that vuhdo screen, they are numbers 1 - 7 now check which configuration your using in the left part of the vuhdo screen and which number your HOT has (i think its 6), change that dropdown box in the lower right.

Hope thats it,
    Greetz,
    Robert
    The Netherlands
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna try this out when I get home from work.

I'll also be releasing LyserUI Version 2.1 tonight with a few minor changes like a customizable quest list

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Fantastic. Few UI's are as clean as this, love it. Would you mind putting up a few of your details on how you went about doing this?

Few things though. Tool-tip doesn't match and is kinda off from the whole feel. Also, the bar in between is off as well, seems kinda odd.
    What sort of details are you after ? I've been doing my own UI since I discovered addons back in BC. A lot of it is trial and error, mainly just a case of downloading addons, spending a few hours playing with their options and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Tooltip still needs to be done, along with raid/party frames and I'm not sure whether to stick with Weak Auras for the timers or go back to Forte Exorcist, I'd always used bars till yesterday and it's taking a bit of getting used to.

Well the bar in the middle (along with the tool tip) is a distraction at best. Would be very cool to get the tool tip to match your frames (the clear tool tip would be nice). Have you also considered having the action bars use the same layout as your frames?

As far as Forte Goes, I like it. Would be nice to see if it could be set up on that right hand side there vertically.

I'm mainly interested in how you set up your frames on the side of (like that box effect) as well as the location on top.

Also would like to see what you do with Raid Frames now. Do you have a pic during a raid of some sort?
    Last edited by Anprionsa; 2013-05-08 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Well the bar in the middle (along with the tool tip) is a distraction at best. Would be very cool to get the tool tip to match your frames (the clear tool tip would be nice). Have you also considered having the action bars use the same layout as your frames?

As far as Forte Goes, I like it. Would be nice to see if it could be set up on that right hand side there vertically.

I'm mainly interested in how you set up your frames on the side of (like that box effect) as well as the location on top.

Also would like to see what you do with Raid Frames now. Do you have a pic during a raid of some sort?
    The box effect around the edges is done with Litepanels (very similar to KG Panels but all config is via Lua). The location text, rep, and all the other info text is done with Litestats. Neither of these have been updated for awhile but I havn't had any problems so far.

I am planning on replacing the small bar in the middle with Weak Aura's showing short term CD's.

I agree something needs to be done with the bar at the bottom but I'm not sure what at this stage.

Raid frames will most likely be bottom centre above the bar or bottom right, once i decide what to use for them I'll have a play around.

Looks like I'm about to be swamped at work today but if I get a chance I will have a play and post some more screens.

Thanks for your comments.

Absolutely. Like I said, there are very few UI's that I like, but this one is amazing minimalistic, but there seems to be a lot of "hidden" gems in there.

I'd be interested in the LUA you have for the framework (mostly because I'm horrible at it). Cheers to you!

Think I'm finally done, for show off this screenshot will have to do for now.
    I might show an in-combat SS later.

Boss/Arena frames go on the left above Skada.

The BigWigs message does not have correct outline I just noticed, haha :P

To avoid confusion, unitframes from left to right: Focus, Player, Target.

Last edited by Quenios; 2013-05-09 at 03:31 AM.

Made a few changes. Incorporated shadow orbs into player frame and halopro into target frame.

Need to modify the Halopro textures so its a bit easier to see (that will be fun cos I have absolutely no idea how to !)

10+ Year Old Account
    Please feel free to critique my current setup.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-09 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Made a few changes. Incorporated shadow orbs into player frame and halopro into target frame.

Need to modify the Halopro textures so its a bit easier to see (that will be fun cos I have absolutely no idea how to !)
    If that is the default objectives tracker, then maybe you could get a better styled one with nibWatchFrameAdv @ WowInterface

I think the squares replacing the hyphens might look pretty nice given the styling elsewhere in your UI.
    Configured in the Lua, but given that you used LitePanels for the artwork that shouldn't be an issue.

Linky link

After nearly 2 years of having my raid frames in the same spot.. I've decided to change it up (mostly because I don't have to patience to get my action bar, player frame, and raid frames all the same width..) and it cannot be more awkward to look at. Thinking Affiniti's raid frame idea would work for me... Any ideas?

I'll probably end up making dbm timers the same size as my player frame, still figuring a few things out on this new comp concerning the UI. Also planning on increasing boss buff icon size, and probably decreasing the height just a bit, seems a bit on the large size.

Does anyone know what Raid Frames Riggnaros uses? Image below:

http://i.imgur.com/sJusK8M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Linky link

After nearly 2 years of having my raid frames in the same spot.. I've decided to change it up (mostly because I don't have to patience to get my action bar, player frame, and raid frames all the same width..) and it cannot be more awkward to look at. Thinking Affiniti's raid frame idea would work for me... Any ideas?

I'll probably end up making dbm timers the same size as my player frame, still figuring a few things out on this new comp concerning the UI. Also planning on increasing boss buff icon size, and probably decreasing the height just a bit, seems a bit on the large size.
    Why do you need your raid frames there as a hunter?? Put it up next to your minimap or centered at the bottom.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

Pretty sure that is blizzard frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

It's blizzards default one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Why do you need your raid frames there as a hunter?? Put it up next to your minimap or centered at the bottom.
    Sometimes people will try to make a UI as generic as possible so to avoid or minimise per class/spec modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Good news for anyone who was interested in my UI. I found the time to throw it together today between doing laundry, eating dinner, and getting ready for raid.

So here ya go, have at it..

Let me know if there's any problems with it. I did compile it kind of quick, so I hope there's no errors. It's uploading now, so if you don't see it updated just yet, give it a few minutes

Here's a video of the updated UI in action for anyone interested..

And for some reason binding keys to the mouse scroll button isnt working... I use it for my mouseover focus macro. and yes my macro is correct

Screenshots can be found on the WowInterface page for the UI.
    I'm wondering how to edit the ember bars to destro warlocks... doesn't seem to line up and cant find which is which.

also how is the best way to replicate the dbm settings for bigwig? dbm is way too resource intensive
    Last edited by Lycanlock; 2013-05-09 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I'm wondering how to edit the ember bars to destro warlocks... doesn't seem to line up and cant find which is which.

also how is the best way to replicate the dbm settings for bigwig? dbm is way too resource intensive
    The UI isn't configured for Destro Locks. It's configured for Affliction and Demonology. You'll have to manually make your own strings in Weak Auras. If you follow the format I have setup, it shouldn't be too difficult if you have any experience with Weak Auras. I don't play Destro so I don't have any reason to create any Destro strings. Sorry

As for Big Wigs, the best way would be to load BigWigs and DBM at the same time, then put DBM into Test Mode, configure Big Wigs, and place the bars/messages in the same place. I truly like Big Wigs better but I can't find a good skin for the bars and if I use the default skin, the bars sit right next to each other and it's hard to see where one bar ends and the next begins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    Think I'm finally done, for show off this screenshot will have to do for now.
    I might show an in-combat SS later.

Boss/Arena frames go on the left above Skada.

The BigWigs message does not have correct outline I just noticed, haha :P

To avoid confusion, unitframes from left to right: Focus, Player, Target.

Me gusta, Quenios.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Me gusta, Quenios.
    Me too, quite a bit actually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sometimes people will try to make a UI as generic as possible so to avoid or minimise per class/spec modifications.
    Hunter only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    They were centered at the bottom but I felt I needed to change it up.

I'll check out near the minimap and I'm also thinking of next to the chat box.