Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    it means people disliked the video. so what the video sucked the game still rocks imo
    ok disregard the like dislike ratio, the main point is not here.
    What i try to convey is the trailer himself that i found so underwhelming, so not pumping me to play the game.

we had trailers in the past shouting at us "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED", we had a trailer starting with "pain, agony, my hatred burns...", we even had a trailer with wordless badassery of arthas, and then this?

tell you, underwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Wow isn't dying and won't be turned off until Blizzard shuts the servers down. 1.3 million sub lose is not the end of the world and Blizzard knows this. If you truly think WoW will die anytime in the near future you are just ignorant of how things work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    1. Your opinion
    2. Your opinion
    3. Your opinion
    4. Your opinion
    5. Your opinion
    6. Your opinion
    7. Your opinion

Read the last line of my sig...
    And the ignorant of the day award goes to ...

Clearly its just his personal opinion when the forums are full of threads asking blizzards to solve the low pop problem .

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    Clearly its just his personal opinion when the forums are full of threads asking blizzards to solve the low pop problem .
    that was the only non opinion based statement in the post. other than that his summary of the OP's post is pretty damn accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkano View Post
    Losing 16% of the player base in 3 months would indicate there is something wrong no?

If you put it into perspective and change the words Blizzard to say Facebook. If almost 20% of people left within 12 weeks would you think that it was still alive and doing well?

It isn't dying, it is declining. People talking about those reasons is a good thing. Slagging off people and doing the l33t thing just drives more of the community away.
    I would much rather play a game where people talked about the issues and tried to improve them then adopt the whole "if you don't like it then quit" approach.
    yea and 15% is maybe from asia where its a completly diffrent market. and blizzard makes it a eu/us friendly game. if you want all the asia subs back they need to make it alla lineage 2. but then 90% of the eu/us would stop playing.
    and do you really care if the easter part of wow is dying?? because i don't care about them. hell even if 90% stops playing if i still like it i will still play it. for a averge mmo it takes around 250k subs to make a profit. plenty can still leave

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    ok disregard the like dislike ratio, the main point is not here.
    What i try to convey is the trailer himself that i found so underwhelming, so not pumping me to play the game.

we had trailers in the past shouting at us "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED", we had a trailer starting with "pain, agony, my hatred burns...", we even had a trailer with wordless badassery of arthas, and then this?

tell you, underwhelmed.
    its a PREVIEW trailer. look the the real trailer and the like/dislike is WAY higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    I'm actually gonna agree with the ilvls being too complex now.

Cataclysm (season 1 / first tier) was
    ilvl 346 Heroics
    ilvl 352 PvP Blues
    ilvl 359 Normal Raids / Arena Weapon
    ilvl 365 - Both Heroic and top Arena gear.

Now I couldn't even tell you what anything is, not even the PvP gear ilvls (I'm a pvper), but if anything the PvE side is even worse. It's really confusing and I actually think it's far too complicated, blizzard should go back to a simpler system - not being nastalgic, I remember cataclysm really well.

Edit: To the guy above me, they have lost about 2 million now since MoP with "accessible content", aswell. IMO, players are more likely to stay if there is a challenge, than something that is just a breeze and is on farm the minute you ding 90. And yeah, even though I'm a PvPer at the very start of Cata I was in a small 10 person guild with 3 other friends who were irl friends, and a mage... we were doing Cata heroics everynight and I remember we couldn't kill the first boss in SFK, but it never made me want to quit... infact it made me want to get better.
    your tier memory is completely wrong the last heroic was 372 not 365. I also highly doubt you struggled on the first laughable boss of sfk when all you had to do was interrupt him that whole instance was ez minus the shield boss and that was only cause his damage was insane.

It isn't dying.

One would expect after this many years, that people would start to drift away.

What may have increased that drift could be some of the things they have implemented which has reduced the social aspect of the game and the game play in general.

LFR - for example - normally we'd do the raids on our alts. With LFR, you don't even need to be in a guild, don't need to speak to anyone, don't even need to know or understand the mechanics and you get loot.

CRZ - enough said. Worst decision from Blizzard. I avoid going to old world zones because of this and had not leveled a new alt because the last one I did, the lag was awful and it made those zones painful.. so much so that I just ground instances and went through much more slowly than I normally would have.

LFG - yes, great.. don't need to find tanks and healers to do instances. But the very fact that we had to in the past ensured that there was some social aspect to the game. You had to speak to people to get a group going. It was also a great recruitment tool.

Rehashing old content - Why do this? Why just keep rehashing the old content and try and palm it off as new again?

Raid format and shared lockouts - Some people like big raids and others small raids. They shouldn't share loot, achievements. It should be split, like it was back in Wrath at the start of ICC. Different loot and the loot was catered for the size bracket you were doing. It also allowed a stepping stone into the 25man's if people wanted to switch. But it separated two very different raid formats. This isn't a '10's is easier, etc' argument. It is that they are very different, different stats, and each should be recognised as such. We are seeing a constant bleed out of 25's into 10's (I just lost over half of my raiders who went and decided to form a 10man) because it is easier to manage and yes, for most, easier to progress.. There is no recognition for those who choose to raid 25m or 10m... It's all just one big blur.

Dailies and rep grind - no.. why do this to people? Why lock gear behind it and then say 'well you don't need to do them'..

But WoW isn't dying. It has grown up and had many problem children.. Some of which are listed above. And people are kind of over it. We grow up as well. We have jobs, families, etc.. So I think to myself, I can either sit and grind dailies for rep or spend time with my kids. I pick my kids. I play less.. and eventually, I'll just stop altogether because they haven't offered me any reason to stay and keep going. Sure, MoP is visually stunning scenery wise, if one leaves aside the sickeningly sweet Panda's, all the new stuff they have offered is just meh.. The classes are more imbalanced then ever, every class shares abilities so that nothing is distinct anymore and the lines are even more blurred. And all being dumbed down.

As I said, eventually, we will all just go enough and walk away. Some are walking away earlier. They still have an insanely high player base. But it is natural that it will dwindle. Nothing lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    And the ignorant of the day award goes to ...

and yet there 2 sides of the story. not everyone like a high pop server. so again its a opinion. and glag blizzard doný listen to the big mouthers on the forums who normaly gets everything.

Don't want to tell you mods how to do your jobs, but eh - can't we just lock all these threads. What good do they do? Now if there were one or two of those threads, no matter how useless, that's one thing.

But as it is, general discussions is just being spammed by people who think they know how to create a successful game better than Blizzard by returning it to a more flawed form only because of pretty memories.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    I'm actually gonna agree with the ilvls being too complex now.

Cataclysm (season 1 / first tier) was
    ilvl 346 Heroics
    ilvl 352 PvP Blues
    ilvl 359 Normal Raids / Arena Weapon
    ilvl 365 - Both Heroic and top Arena gear.

Now I couldn't even tell you what anything is, not even the PvP gear ilvls (I'm a pvper), but if anything the PvE side is even worse. It's really confusing and I actually think it's far too complicated, blizzard should go back to a simpler system - not being nastalgic, I remember cataclysm really well.

Edit: To the guy above me, they have lost about 2 million now since MoP with "accessible content", aswell. IMO, players are more likely to stay if there is a challenge, than something that is just a breeze and is on farm the minute you ding 90. And yeah, even though I'm a PvPer at the very start of Cata I was in a small 10 person guild with 3 other friends who were irl friends, and a mage... we were doing Cata heroics everynight and I remember we couldn't kill the first boss in SFK, but it never made me want to quit... infact it made me want to get better.
    the diffrence if a pvp piece was better then a lower ilvl pve item was harder to tell pre mop then it is not. because pvp res costed budget points.
    its simple pvp items with a higher ilvl then there pve counter part are better because the pvp stats are free.

and people don't want a chalange in dungeon. remember the start of cata heroic? some people want faceroll content some wants hard content. and so far blizzard id a good job with chaggenge mode. but some people see a mood point in everyting.

I find it interesting that, even tho WoW has "only" 8.3m subs, players still blindly defend what Blizzard is doing to the game...

"xxx point is fine, I do it all the time, it's not a problem in game at all!", have you considered that this is not a problem TO YOU, but it is to 1.3m players? I mean, you can defend all you want, but WoW is slowly dying when they lose 1.3m in only 4 months, and those are the most common complaints we saw during MoP, you can agree or pretend everything is fine!

"WoW is dying only because it's an old game!!!" Really? So you are telling me that WoW was a "new" game until 2010, and after that (release of Cataclysm), WoW suddenly became an old game? Really? Almost 4m players left WoW since the release of Cataclysm, because from 2004 to 2010 it was a new and shinny game, but from 2010 to 2013, it became old... yeah. Almost as ridiculous as saying that "people left because of Diablo".

So folks, you can choose to agree that MoP has terrible flaws, or be a fanboy and pretend everything is fine. But the point is, WoW lost 2m players (1/5) in only 6 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    1:. so you think wow will have a increase in sub if they remove lfd/lfr? think again. lfr/lfd is someting every mmo needs. swtor didn't had one at launch and was a big problem.

2:. you want a adventure yet you come to a fansite that put every little dataminned changes on there website. go away from the forum and all the fansites and wait till a new exp hits and your all WOUWY again. but you decide to read it up before it was even released.

3:.empty servers. you have your solution. its either rerolling or paid char transfer. some people like a empty server for a reason. and i will say it again. your opinion nor that are on the forum represent every player in the world.

4:. tbc had valor points and rep farming and dailys. so what is your point?

5:. alts are not ment to be fully geared. and if i have fun on my alt i don't mind its not fully geared.

6:. oke so blizzard is not allowed to make new lore? its new for a reason. or do you want to fight the LK again because he also got insane? yea that will bring people back.

7:. vanilla had 3 tiers tbc had 3. wotlk had 4. cata had 3. MoP will probebly have 3. don't really see a problem there. just because there try to make every spec has a diffrent gear sets doesn't mean its hard to deal with. and if it is for you then reroll a pure dps you will most of the time got 1 diffrent set per tier.

and WOW is not dying. just because it loses subs in the east doesn't mean its dying. i wouldn't even be suprised if the east cost blizzard money to keep it running there.

Are you really that stupid?

Deleted
    Another sub count release, more wow is doomed threads. A cycle that will never end.

All your doing is repeating everything said in multiple threads, it's not clever, not gonna give you brownie points and isn't going to make blizzard see "reason"

Paid character transfer is not a solution. People didn't choose for their server to become a wasteland and certainly not going to spend £20 cause blizzard is too lazy to do so. Other games out there to play and people will just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    So folks, you can choose to agree that MoP has terrible flaws, or be a fanboy and pretend everything is fine. But the point is, WoW lost 2m players (1/5) in only 6 months.
    Fanboy cause they won't agree with you? Every expac has had "flaws". Point is you don't represent 1.3m people, so don't assume that you do.

Other games are coming out, WoW is showing it's age, despite what you think the game is OLD. It was old before and is old now. If this report had been shortly after 5.3 or 5.2, the subs would of been up. In between content cycles subs always drop a lot. They do the content, unsub, play another game, come back when new content out.
    Last edited by mmoc282c47af3d; 2013-05-09 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    The sole reason why wow is dying.... is flying mounts. It contributes to an empty world where you feel alone. But i guess it would create to much protest to remove it now that we have gotten used to it.

1. The social aspect isn't gone. Anyone who wants to be socially active still can be, easily. It simply isn't quite so forced anymore, which is a good thing. I play for my own amusement, and don't want to rely on others to have fun. There's nothing wrong with this.

2. I can't comment much here, as far as dungeons and raids go, as I don't do them. But I do agree the questing doesn't feel nearly as adventurous compared to story content in other games. The immersion could definitely use some work, if not the difficulty. I'd rather the leveling process, and everything else really, took significantly less time but was harder and more character driven, personally. Of course, I'm not sure this has much to do with the loss in players.

3. Agreed, wholeheartedly. I'm not paying a stupid amount of money to fix a problem that they should fix themselves. Dead realms aren't fun, even to people like me who aren't interested in the social aspect. Rivalries can't be formed with enemy faction players on the server, and everything on the auction house is insanely overpriced. Add in the social aspect for the people who care about that, and it's undeniable that low populated servers and transfer costs are a massive problem, probably the single biggest one the game has right now.

4. Dailies aren't any worse than any other content, as far as I'm concerned. It's all a grind, repeating the same crap over and over, to get rewards. If I'm not fighting players or immersed in a good story, it's boring. I don't think being forced to grind dailies is as bad as being forced to grind dungeons. At least you can do them yourself. But still, they're boring, so your point stands.

5. I'd agree, except I don't think it's a problem exclusive to this expansion. I've always felt it takes way too much time to get a character up to speed, both through the leveling and gearing process. So while it's certainly a problem, I don't think it could have much to do with the subscription loss. It's never been much better in this regard.

6. As much as I'd like to agree here, because I don't think the lore is as good at the moment as it has been in the past, I'm not sure I can. Because let's face it, sad as it is, most players don't care about the story or the lore. They rush through all of that as quickly as possible to get to the end game gear grind.

7. Gear is the carrot on a stick for many players, rather than simply having fun. Personally I think the gear grind in general is ridiculous and always has been, but that's nothing new. If it didn't bother players before enough to affect the amount of subscriptions, it's unlikely that it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    They have content like this, run Challenge Mode...
    Challenge mode is mostly AOE fest, really. The only cc you ever need is aoe stuns. I did gold on all of them.

I'm more interested to hear about solutions, personally, Op. Have any in mind?

The game is old and the subscription model for MMOs is dying out.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    The only thing i agree with on this topic is the fact theres nothing to do, outside of the dailies that take me on my boomkin less than 10 minutes... or the lfrs i clear on my alt is a few hours, grinding money is now pointless as with key runs i can make 500g per key without leaving the first room, all i need to do is tag that elite and get that key drop 3x a week for a really easy 1-2k gold!!

Theres nothing to do for me cause im on a dead server, we dont even pug, if our 5k populated server (3.5k ally 1.5k horde) got added to a similar server with the numbers changed around, it would be a decent populated server with the chance of pugging.

Other than that the content is becoming better as they expand with unique and hard boss fights and many unforgiving mechanics leading to decent raids(heroic atleast, normals are still a complete joke).

One thing that pisses me off, which has nothing to do with the design of the game ... is people are so friggen impatient, when u wipe 20times they expect a kill, and thats prolly down to the fact that expansions such as cataclysm, and normal modes themselves are far too easy, and cause really bad players are getting relatively equal gear via LFR's people are more focussing on loot so they can show they are better......

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Are you really that stupid?
    no are you one of the people nowday that need some1 to hold there hands the whole time.

its time for people to take responsability for there actions. they rolled on a low pop server. so its there fault. and 99% of the things are account shared. so i see no reason to reroll server.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The game is old and the subscription model for MMOs is dying out.

/thread
    Ding ding ding we have a winner.