Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, if we're talking about DPS... why is Dom here?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Wait, if we're talking about DPS... why is Dom here?
    someone has to show em how its done:P

I though thats the reason I put a sim out :P

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Just along to post once more how helpful your guide has been. Granted, neither my Arsenal Merc nor Gunnery Trooper is running L55 stuff yet, but just having the fundamentals to work with from the guide alone is quite helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Just along to post once more how helpful your guide has been. Granted, neither my Arsenal Merc nor Gunnery Trooper is running L55 stuff yet, but just having the fundamentals to work with from the guide alone is quite helpful.
    I appreciate it! I thoroughly enjoy talking about Arsenal (Gunnery) and it definitely feels great when I know others are finding help in this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    I second this. Already having three classes to keep straight, knowing this guide was here for clear and easy reference made me want to try out leveling a merc. Like said, not 55 yet but things do not change that much, not really. Things just come into sharper focus at 55. So on my behalf as well, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, on all of our behalves- welcome to the Mercenary community!

Help me! I was testing Underworld proc relics, and the results were puzzling. I was positive Cerulean Nova is BiS for us, but wanted to test internal/elemental relics for classes without armor penetration. Both Underworld versions have force damage in tooltips, so I was assuming that it must be an error in the tooltip, while Arkanian Elemental Transcendence is tech dmg.

You will probably tell me that its RNG but I wanted to share these parses.

Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance : 12.28% crit
    (internal force in tooltip)
    torparse.com/a/215808

Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcedence : 20% crit
    (elemental force in tooltip)
    torparse.com/a/215823

Underworld Relic of Cerulean Nova : 23.73% crit
    (energy tech in tooltip)
    torparse.com/a/215838

Underworld Relic of Kinetic Tempest : 24.56% crit
    (kinetic force in tooltip)
    torparse.com/a/215861

I have 25% tech critical chance. Parses are 5 min, used only Rapid Shots to have similar proc rate between parses. Ignore the damage done because I haven't used Tracer Missile for armor penetration. Maybe I should have went without IA 5% crit buff for better distinction? It is buffing are force crit rate maybe lol

just another day when I start hating their clumsy programming skills... I have currently enough commendations and will try do backup those with the arcanian versions..

Part II:

This time I set tech accuracy to exactly 110.01% (in previous parses was lower) in order to bring force accuracy to 107% because Advanced Targeting supposedly affect only ranged and tech accuracy. I was hoping to catch some misses on procs which would confirm to me that relic is doing force dmg, cus tech dmg would never miss with 110% accuracy. No luck there.

I also turned off IA 5% crit buff, which along with some enhancements i changed, brought me to 19% tech critical chance.

Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance : 3.39% crit 0% miss
    torparse.com/a/215974

Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcedence : 8.77% crit 0% miss
    torparse.com/a/215984

Underworld Relic of Cerulean Nova : 12.07% crit 0% miss
    torparse.com/a/215996

Underworld Relic of Kinetic Tempest : 3.45% crit 0% miss
    torparse.com/a/216006

Could it be that Elemental Transcendence is in fact tech dmg?

Also this 0% misses are also very curious cus with 107% you would surely get some misses otherwise, but who knows how is this calculated.

Would be nice to compare with Arkanians too and share some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexing View Post
    Part II:

This time I set tech accuracy to exactly 110.01% (in previous parses was lower) in order to bring force accuracy to 107% because Advanced Targeting supposedly affect only ranged and tech accuracy. I was hoping to catch some misses on procs which would confirm to me that relic is doing force dmg, cus tech dmg would never miss with 110% accuracy. No luck there.

I also turned off IA 5% crit buff, which along with some enhancements i changed, brought me to 19% tech critical chance.

torparse.com/a/215974

torparse.com/a/215984

torparse.com/a/215996

torparse.com/a/216006

Also this 0% misses are also very curious cus with 107% you would surely get some misses otherwise, but who knows how is this calculated.

Would be nice to compare with Arkanians too and share some thoughts.
    ahm, ET and CN relics are tech damage, KT and DR are the new force ones...

Right, they even changed the Dread Guard relics on vendor to be different from the ones we had before. Elemental Transcendence is tech there too, same like Arkanian.

Only Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence have force dmg in tooltip. Damn I am spamming rapid shots for 2 hours, devs could just read there in the code and tell us :P Not cool.

Well at least mercs are sure in Cerulean Nova (though you can't trust BW 100% with those tooltips).

10+ Year Old Account
    Still good to know that I'm choosing the right one haha.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    During the Styrak fight what is every one's dps during the bulk of the fight.. so not the kell dragon part... and not the 2nd kell dragon.. but the bulk of the mid styrak fight. What is every one parsing dps wise? I feel like im putting up some really shitty numbers on this fight in particular.. and its driving me crazy.

ps: this is hm im asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    During the Styrak fight what is every one's dps during the bulk of the fight.. so not the kell dragon part... and not the 2nd kell dragon.. but the bulk of the mid styrak fight. What is every one parsing dps wise? I feel like im putting up some really shitty numbers on this fight in particular.. and its driving me crazy.

ps: this is hm im asking about.
    I'll just talk about it all haha. One trick for the opening part of the fight, be aware of when he starts spinning, there will be a claw on his buff bar. At this time, cycle between TM and rapid shots to proc a barrage before the buff wears off, and keep HSM and RS ready for when the buff wears. Then eff him up. If you're on add duty, it's gonna hurt ya a bit, just gotta switch fast and be ready to switch back.

During the second phase it's all about how fast you can target switch. Always lead off with TM on each target then just follow standard Priority system HSM>RS(Min 4 Tracer Locks)>EN>TSO+FM>UL But just only use EN when it's gonna get all 10 ticks (and 6 for FM). This is really jsut about really really fast target switching while staying disciplined with your priorities...you can be panning the other 3-7 entities (8/16 man) while ur taking urs down so u can quickly switch to one that isn't dead yet. You're gonna take a hit dps-wise if you get nightmare, can't help that.

Last phase just burn obviously. Big theme here is target switching I can't think of any other real advice...Equally geared/skilled Mara's are gonna win in this fight, nothing you can do about that, you'll be able to stick with until final phase where the sub 30 burn takes over...should be able to hang with snipers though.

Edit: Unless you're nearly BiS this won't be a good comparison, but maybe you can find something useful in there: 16M Styrak HM
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-09 at 08:25 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    im avging around 2000-2100 dps during the bulk of the fight.. I'm not having trouble as far as rotation and target switching goes because I understand the faster I switch to targets the more dps im doing. And I'm fully utilizing everything as far as all ticks of EN and FM. Heat is under control for the most part.. Something I think I could be doing better is using vent heat a bit more. Its one of the cooldowns im not used to trying to use more. It used to be there just for burn purposes and an oh shit button when my heat got to 60-70+ .. Now I feel like im going to be relying on it more and more for dps purposes.

Im with equally geared snipers although one of the snipers in my group picked up a main hand last night. And on the styrak fight they're able to just constantly use their opening rotation so they're putting up some good numbers. I'm hanging with them.. im just used to blowing them out of the water. I honestly dont want to make an excuse for the fight so I was wondering if other people put up similar numbers.

My group is having dps problems on that fight in particular.. we're hitting enrage about a minute later than we should. Meaning we're hitting enrage when the 2nd kell dragon comes up.... 3/4 dps in our group are all right next to each other.. me and 2 other snipers. I'm just curious if other mercs are putting up similar numbers to me. And why styrak takes such little dmg from us.

Im also pretty far from best in slot. I only have about 3/14 28 augments. And dont have a lot of underworld items yet.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2013-05-09 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youch, enrage should definitely be avoided if everyone is putting up the numbers their class allows. I know the majority of our DPS are pulling 2200-2300 throughout the entire fight.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    yep I know :/ Since ive been playing my merc i usually top the meters but for this fight im struggling to keep the #1 spot. Same people I've always raided with they seem to be putting up numbers on this particular fight that rival mine which is usually not the case. I was curious if you guys were seeing the similar situation.

I'm a sore loser and dont like not being the #1 spot. Thats why im concerned lol

edit: also one of our dps is a marauder and very very very new to the game.. he's still figuring out his rotation and button mapping to be the best for him. He's a good player..just new to the game and stuff. This is why we're hitting enrage. I have full confidence that we have the dps to down him.. I'm just concerned that I'm not doing the best I could be. So I wanted to compare

Quote Originally Posted by Hexing View Post
    Part II:
    torparse.com/a/215974
    torparse.com/a/215984
    torparse.com/a/215996
    torparse.com/a/216006

there seems to be a failure in the underworld relic descriptions!

Arkanian Relics text are the follow:
    Arkanian Relic of Dark Radiance
    internal force damage
    Arkanian Relic of Elemental Transcendence
    elemental tech damage
    Arkanian Relic of Cerulean Nova
    energy tech damage
    Arkanian Relic of Kinetic Tempest
    kinetic force damage

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    yep I know :/ Since ive been playing my merc i usually top the meters but for this fight im struggling to keep the #1 spot. Same people I've always raided with they seem to be putting up numbers on this particular fight that rival mine which is usually not the case. I was curious if you guys were seeing the similar situation.

I'm a sore loser and dont like not being the #1 spot. Thats why im concerned lol

edit: also one of our dps is a marauder and very very very new to the game.. he's still figuring out his rotation and button mapping to be the best for him. He's a good player..just new to the game and stuff. This is why we're hitting enrage. I have full confidence that we have the dps to down him.. I'm just concerned that I'm not doing the best I could be. So I wanted to compare
    It sounds like you're doing this on 8 man...we did progression on 8 man and the enrage is tight...16 man is a joke in comparison...8 man enrage = 8 min...16 man erage = about 11 min and the HP values of the targets vs the # of dps you have in group does not scale properly. for 8 man, you're dps need to average about 2200-2300 i think to not hit enrage. on 16 man it's about 1500 haha.

So with 8 man, it's hard to carry a low dps, you can carry 1 dps by having your healers chip in, throw some DoTs or whatever whenever possible...and have the tanks really maximizing dps output instead of the usual mindless rotations that tanks use just to hold threat etc.

As far as your personal dps goes...I think I would worry more about that when you're closer to BiS. Make sure your APMs are high (maybe compare your APMs with the parse I posted just to check. Although it may or may not be comparable....APMs and DPS in general is going to be lower on 16 Man since targets melt so much quicker) and yeah I would use vent heat standard on every cd, it helps for some bursts every 2 min, as long as you're confident with your heat management. But yeah, if you don't have the mainhand yet, that's at least 100 dps right there u don't have.

Just consider yourself lucky that you usually top your charts...I have to play with the world's best sniper and arguably some of the world's best mara's, I can beat them on some fights, but my days of topping the charts consistently ended a while ago lol. I've had to resort to being content with hitting top merc parses on torparse.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-09 at 05:40 PM.