Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Inscription income?

So the market for Inscription items seems to have dried up as people push their item levels past what we can make. So anyone have any ideas as to how to generate a bit of virtual income with the trade skill?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Do shoulder inscriptions. Darkmoon cards and trinkets still sell. Glyphs not so much. Hmm what else ... not any more ideas.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Darkmoon cards sell?

The only set that is even close to BiS anymore is the Crane Deck, which is about 15th for priests, after heroic trinkets from MsV and ToES and Horridon's Last Gasp.

Other than that, good luck finding buyers for 476 trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Do shoulder inscriptions. Darkmoon cards and trinkets still sell. Glyphs not so much. Hmm what else ... not any more ideas.
    Darkmoon cards sell for only a couple hundred gold on my server because the resulting trinkets are far lower item level then the current drops.

The amount of herbs you have to burn to make one makes them not worth it in my opinion. Better gold from just selling the herbs.

Shoulder enchantments seem to be the only thing people buy now, but the profit margins are small.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Darkmoon cards sell?

The only set that is even close to BiS anymore is the Crane Deck, which is about 15th for priests, after heroic trinkets from MsV and ToES and Horridon's Last Gasp.

Other than that, good luck finding buyers for 476 trinkets.
    people with gold still buy them for their alts since they are better than lfr items and they might wanna go straight for tot

I still make 3,000g-5,000g from glyphs a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    This boggles my mind. I don't think I've sold a glyph in months. Now I don't really try anymore as its a waste of time, mind you, but every once in a while if I see ZERO entries on the AH for one of the glyphs I have laying around, I'll try and get 50G for one. There seems to be a 99% chance it comes back to me in the mailbox. Dropping the price to 10G results in only about a 90% chance it won't sell.

It's only pure stubborness that stops me from vendoring the lot of them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    lucky server Elvine :P

shuffling herbs is a steady profit:
    - 5 ink of dreams + 0.5 starlight ink for one stack of normal herbs
    - 6 ink of dreams + 1 starlight for one stack of fool's cap

crafting blue enchants for vendoring we get:
    - 31.25g + 0.5 starlight for a normal stack
    - 37.5g + 1 starlight for a fool's stack

starlight are used for shoulder enchants, on my server they sell for 75-250g depending on time and enchant type, if we consider the minimum of 75g we get:
    - 12.5g for a normal stack
    - 25g for a fool's stack

totaling:
    - 43.75g for a normal stack
    - 62.5g for a fool's stack

that's a good minimum profit on my server as herbs go for 20-25g/stack for normals and 25-35g/stack for fool's cap (the ones i usually do, time is money)
    there are a ton of farmers on my server so i can buy a huge quantity of herbs when they're low (getting a lower price by whispering them) and restock enough enchants for a couple of weeks at least, so if i can get a 22-23g/stack for fool's cap it's a 40g/stack minimum profit, or 10g for every single shuffle which is nice because the good side of inscription is that after you milled all the herbs you can push create-all and get back after 1 hour with a full inventory of pigments turned into inks, thing you can't do with JC because you need to craft different gems and find a way to get rid of all those useless Lapis Lazuli

or you can craft glyphs, but keep in mind that if they're selling for less than 18.75 it's a mathematical loss, plus it takes times and deposit to sell, i'd go fo a 50g/500g min/fallbac and never try that without TSM, the time loss listing glyphs one-by-one is absurd

hope this little how-to helped, nice gold-day :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My two scribes are now parked until the next xpac. Mostly because I am lazy and only use my scribes at the start of the xpac to make cards :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    I don't make this much a day it's more like a week but it's still decent. I would recomond Elvine's site it has a ton of tips and useful addons for people wanting to make gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruk View Post
    This boggles my mind. I don't think I've sold a glyph in months..
    Just because someone says so on an internet forum doesn't make it true
    I don't believe that claim at all.
    There is a way to make money of inscription, and that's a sure path to profits. It relies entirely on the price for herbs.
    Mill em, make the blue shoulder enchants and vendor them. 18 gold from the vendor per enchant should yield good profits.
    Glyphs are a waste of mats. You'd basically have to have unlimited time, and use proper addons to list and relist in a matter of minutes with constantly screening the AH. Doing basically nothing else all day than sitting around in a city.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There is a way to make money of inscription, and that's a sure path to profits. It relies entirely on the price for herbs.
    Mill em, make the blue shoulder enchants and vendor them. 18 gold from the vendor per enchant should yield good profits.
    Glyphs are a waste of mats. You'd basically have to have unlimited time, and use proper addons to list and relist in a matter of minutes with constantly screening the AH. Doing basically nothing else all day than sitting around in a city.
    I actually only post mine two times a day. Some older glyphs sell for 200g+ and cost 10g to make. You just have to find which glyphs are needed and sell well. Of course this is all server dependent though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    I actually only post mine two times a day. Some older glyphs sell for 200g+ and cost 10g to make. You just have to find which glyphs are needed and sell well. Of course this is all server dependent though
    If you are very lucky, yes then it can work.
    The realms I am on, won't work there. On every one of them are at least 2 other scribes that play the AH as I said.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    I don't make this much a day it's more like a week but it's still decent. I would recomond Elvine's site it has a ton of tips and useful addons for people wanting to make gold
    Thanks!

It's all about working with your MAJOR competition to keep prices high and resetting markets from silly kids that price too low. Then you're able to sell glyphs ranging from 100-750g each!

Just sold these
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-05-10 at 03:40 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i bet it took you more to find a proper server with an insane number of altoholics and no scribes than actually listing the crap on AH

not that i could care, takes a ton of time and effort to list for almost no profit, prefer my 20k/day from JC
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-05-10 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    i bet it took you more to find a proper server with an insane number of altoholics and no scribes than actually listing the crap on AH

not that i could care, takes a ton of time and effort to list for almost no profit, prefer my 20k/day from JC
    I do many markets, JC, Glyphs, Enchants, Transmog, MoP Greens, etc... and I didn't "search" for a specific server. I've been on this server for the past 3 years and came here due to Top 10 US raiding. Guess I was just lucky?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    People who aren't making money from glyphs are people who don't understand how to post them

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any glyphs that sell for more than 100 gold on my server. Most glyphs sell for between 40-85g let alone selling for almost 400. I'll never understand who pays that much gold for a glyph? Granted I play on a low-medium pop server but I never make anywhere near 3k a day.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    People who aren't making money from glyphs are people who don't understand how to post them
    Or perhaps it's just not that viable of a profession on some servers.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Or perhaps it's just not that viable of a profession on some servers.....
    Perhaps that's the fault of the person who refuses to reset them and lets them stay at 40-85g?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Perhaps that's the fault of the person who refuses to reset them and lets them stay at 40-85g?
    reset = buy all of them and relist at fallback? i'm pretty sure it's bannable