Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The lore in TBC was light years better than this one. Yes, it was full of retconned things, retconned things that made the story BETTER for the GAME.

We actually have the feel of the enemy, we actually hated our enemies and wanted to kill them. Now we get a Sha that came out of nowhere and we fight agasint insects we never saw and actually help old god worshippers. But sure, nothing of that was as bad as retcons, right?

Seriously, TBC had a good storyline, once you get past from the "you ruined the lore" crap.
    oh yeah because naga stealing all the swamp water for no reason that is never explained or even hinted at is a good storyline, oh yeah illidan all of a sudden going nutsocrayzo and creating a demon army and enslaving a bunch of different races while also only showing up TWICE in his own expansion was good writing, oh yeah instead of having kael'thas be the proud leader of his people they turn him into a twobit crazy pants villain for the sake of a flashy name and not only that but have him become a pawn of the legion, the very thing his people rebelled against and fought a civil war against in the war of the ancients and then after being exiled created the guardians of tirisfall to combat them, oh and retconning sargeras origin story, poofing the draenei out of thin air for the sole reason because chris metzen though it was cool was good writing, completely messing up the orcs history and making them learn shamanism from magic crystal naaru water was completely good writing right? having alleria and turalyon never even show up nor have their son do anything is completely good writing write? having khadgar become neutral and hang out with windchimes while spending the whole expansion being sad about medivh is totally good writing right? having the blood elves join the orcs despite one of their most honored heroes being given the title orc slayer purely for server population reasons is totally good writing right? having the burning legion essentially do nothing the entire expansion but build fel forges is totally good writing right? having teron gorefiend show up with almost no lore and used entirely as a flashy prop is totally good writing right?

yes because all of that is SO MUCH BETTER than having a character from warcraft 3 actually taking part in quests, acting like himself, and not being used as a flashy prop in a raid, or having characters who previously did nothing at all like jaina actually DOING something, or having the alliance finally having a central leadership again and becoming unified or an actual good storyline in the horde that isnt "thrall talks to some dudes and shows them that orcs are cool guise" or having an IMMENSELY important legendary questline, one that actually foreshadows and has huge implications for what will happen in the future for it instead of "hey guys thars this weapon dat rel good has 000.1% drop chance and liek no lore for you to experiences"

if we were still in cata and were in the middle of thrall has a dragon wedding and deathwing goes from evil mastermind to RAWR I BE A DRAGAN then yes you would have a point but the lore in mists of pandaria is like the magnum opus of wow compared to the huge shitstorm that was tbc lore and blizzard has admitted fully that they really had no clue wtf they were doing since it was their first expansion and thank god illidan will be back soon and we can act like it never happened, and if kael;thas wasnt a meme you would be damned sure he would be back to
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Considering how China pays for their subs, didn't think China would be the main culprit of the 20-22% revenue drop for online subscriptions. After all the online revenue subscription is a better number to look at compared to the overall sub numbers. Well, they got the numbers and we don't. Gotta believe Blizzard with Asia no matter the cost I guess. When they loss over a million last summer, the online revenue drop wasn't as severe as last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

I hadnt even checked the call till just now and see subs down to 8.3mill... all the sensible analysts predicted a large drop... it was only the fanboys saying around 100-200k drop.
    I'm no white knight nor Blizzard fanboy but, I did not expect a big drop in millions. They released 5.2 in early march but, looks like new content isn't enough anymore to bring people back.

So will u now admit that u actually have NO evidence to backup what u claimed were facts?
    no, im saying it takes time to find direct quotes. you still havent said anything to suggest you arent just twisting this to work in your favor, you have flatout said blizzard were lying to their own investors something that is illegal.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    And u have 0 proof that is IS ONLY ASIA!!! lmao

Jees if u guys continue to beleive everything their staff say then ur more stupid than we first thought.

The same GC has announced plenty of rubbish which has been proven to be inaccurate so why is his opinion its Asia only correct?

Like i said, go check out all those dead realms EU and US. Ru telling me EU and US has the same subs it had back in cata?
    No one said the subscription loss was only from China. Jump to conclusions though. What was stated was the majority of the losses were in China meaning yes a percentage of the losses could be in Europe and the USA.

Your proof is based on you logging into the game. Ghostcrawlers proof is from the quarterly earnings report from a PUBLIC company. These reports are as accurate as they get. Revenue is broken down from each region so do the math yourself. Blizzard has an obligation to not lie or be crucified by the SEC.

They also separate the revenue on the report by region which is APAC. Asia Pacific and China which includes Australia, Korea, Singapore, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It 100% matters. If the majority of subs are being lost in China where many MMO's are being released then there's not much Blizzard can do to fix it. Now if it's primarily from US/Europe then they have big problem but it isn't.

If you don't like the game in the US then you should cancel but if you are canceling because everyone in China is moving on then you're just a sheep.

They had close to 6 million players to bleed from China at Cata release. Blizzard could probably lose another 3 million in China and the US/EU servers wouldn't miss a beat.
    What is all this speak of China?

I think u should go back and read the official statements cos China is not mentioned anywhere... its ASIA.

And in Asia China is only 1 of their server sets... if u kept up with the news u will know that South Korea closed 14 realms a couple of weeks ago. Down from 23 realms to 9. And those 14 realms have been dead for a long time so the sub losses wont even be in the last conference call data. Blizzard has basically given up on those 14 dead realms and finally merged their remaining players onto the final 9 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Considering how China pays for their subs, didn't think China would be the main culprit of the 20-22% revenue drop for online subscriptions. After all the online revenue subscription is a better number to look at compared to the overall sub numbers. Well, they got the numbers and we don't. Gotta believe Blizzard with Asia no matter the cost I guess. When they loss over a million last summer, the online revenue drop wasn't as severe as last quarter.

I'm no white knight nor Blizzard fanboy but, I did not expect a big drop in millions. They released 5.2 in early march but, looks like new content isn't enough anymore to bring people back.
    revenue went up

(in millions, except EPS) 2013 Outlook* 2012

GAAP

Net Revenues $ 1,324 $ 1,160 $ 1,172
    EPS $ 0.40 $ 0.29 $ 0.33

Non-GAAP

Net Revenues $ 804 $ 690 $ 587
    EPS $ 0.17 $ 0.10 $ 0.06

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "obviously they can twist their own estimates in their favor" and "oh my god lmao i cant believe you guys trust everything that comes out of blizzards mouths" sure are facts right.

i dont have a manuscript of every interview blizzards ever done it takes more than a few seconds to find, read through, and find the answers you remember from interviews, tweets, q&as ect
    Here's the problem. Enron fucked that up for everyone so now the falsifying is no longer easy. It's called Sox (Sarbane's Oxley) and I've had the fun of being involved in multiple quarterly audits. It's a living hell so no, companies don't willfully lie because they incriminate both themselves and their auditing firm.

Deleted
    No one said the subscription loss was only from China. Jump to conclusions though. What was stated was the majority of the losses were in China meaning yes a percentage of the losses could be in Europe and the USA.

Your proof is based on you logging into the game. Ghostcrawlers proof is from the quarterly earnings report from a PUBLIC company. These reports are as accurate as they get. Revenue is broken down from each region so do the math yourself. Blizzard has an obligation to not lie or be crucified by the SEC.

They also separate the revenue on the report by region which is APAC. Asia Pacific and China which includes Australia, Korea, Singapore, etc.
    dude go back and read post #1614 then check what u have written.

Ive taken all of my data DIRECTLY from the conference call report itself.

All this speak of CHINA is bullcrap cos its not mentioned anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me, or are there some people who are in denial that WoW is actually a dying game? All the excuses in the world like: "who cares about east subs, numbers in west and EU remain stable" is actually complete bullshit pulled out of their ass.

Just look at all the low pop realms, and complaints about servers being imbalanced. How does that happen? Oh right, because soo many players are on the realms and they are populated beyond belief.

Time to face reality: Wow is in decline.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is all this speak of China?

I think u should go back and read the official statements cos China is not mentioned anywhere... its ASIA.

And in Asia China is only 1 of their server sets... if u kept up with the news u will know that South Korea closed 14 realms a couple of weeks ago. Down from 23 realms to 9. And those 14 realms have been dead for a long time so the sub losses wont even be in the last conference call data. Blizzard has basically given up on those 14 dead realms and finally merged their remaining players onto the final 9 servers.
    It's APAC. Asia Pacific and China. Funny is the revenue went up from last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is it me, or are there some people who are in denial that WoW is actually a dying game? All the excuses in the world like: "who cares about east subs, numbers in west and EU remain stable" is actually complete bullshit pulled out of their ass.

Just look at all the low pop realms, and complaints about servers being imbalanced. How does that happen? Oh right, because soo many players are on the realms and they are populated beyond belief.

Time to face reality: Wow is in decline.
    you change your avatar to often jaylock, keeping us on our toes

10+ Year Old Account
    you change your avatar to often jaylock, keeping us on our toes
    Umm do i know you?

revenue from subscriptions has gone up, despite losses in china, if there were any substantial losses in na or eu that would not be possible

Three Months Ended March 31,
    2013 2012

Net revenues:
    Product sales $ 990 $ 874
    Subscription, licensing and other revenues 1 334 298
    Total net revenues 1,324 1,172

Deleted
    It's APAC. Asia Pacific and China. Funny is the revenue went up from last quarter.
    U do realise that Wow is only 1 of dozens of Blizzard products right? lol

Wow revenues definitely went down, even tho Blizzards overall revenues may have gone up, its irrelevant.

Also the Conference Call only mentions ASIA so your 'APAC' is kinda irrelevant also.

10+ Year Old Account
    revenue from subscriptions has gone up, despite losses in china, if there were any substantial losses in na or eu that would not be possible

Three Months Ended March 31,
    2013 2012

Net revenues:
    Product sales $ 990 $ 874
    Subscription, licensing and other revenues 1 334 298
    Total net revenues 1,324 1,172
    How do you get WoW sub revenue increasing from a 1.3 million decrease in subscriptions?

Your math baffles me.

U do realise that Wow is only 1 of dozens of Blizzard products right? lol

Wow revenues definitely went down, even tho Blizzards overall revenues may have gone up, its irrelevant.

Also the Conference Call only mentions ASIA so your 'APAC' is kinda irrelevant also.
    the revenue i just quoted is specifically from subscriptions revenue

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get WoW sub revenue increasing from a 1.3 million decrease in subscriptions?

Your math baffles me.
    It is not HIS math, it's taken from Blizzard's P&L.
    Also, there is something called deferred revenue.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Your math baffles me.
    its what the revenue report says

10+ Year Old Account

Your math baffles me.
    It's called Voodoo Economics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    It's called Voodoo Economics
    No it's called deferred revenue from previous year -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-