Definitive proof that WoW is dying. Everyone sell your characters on ebay before they loose their value!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    revenue from subscriptions has gone up, despite losses in china, if there were any substantial losses in na or eu that would not be possible

Three Months Ended March 31,
    2013 2012

Net revenues:
    Product sales $ 990 $ 874
    Subscription, licensing and other revenues 1 334 298
    Total net revenues 1,324 1,172
    Revenue has always been up even in Cata, where the decline was in NA, because it isnt from subscription only. So no, try again to find a single clue about NA not losing many subs, even when they said in the very conference that they did.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Illidan and Vashj plotline was a lot better than Chen Stormtout ignoring everythign that happens in the world to make some beer, yes. A lot better.

Retconing Sargeras origin didnt hurt the story in a single bit, so i dont know why you put it as an example of bad storytelling.

MoP storyline sucks, and goes into common places of making every panda in the game an alcoholic that want things to go slow. Beer elementals alone show how bad MoP storyline is.
    I rather liked MoP's storytelling. The Mantid, the Sha, even Lei Shen.

In fact, I liked all that way more than "Garrosh is corrupt but not gonna be corrupt because MMO orcs are different" BS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    i find it hilarious that anyone thinks an mmo thats making like over 500% operating costs in revenue is anywhere near in bad condition.
    yeah cos everything is peachy and awesome in Wow right now and all the stats and data shows this...

Im glad Kotick stating he is concerned about Wow subs right now is only a lie...

PS please supply the source where u came up with "500% operating costs" please.

Illidan and Vashj plotline was a lot better than Chen Stormtout ignoring everythign that happens in the world to make some beer, yes. A lot better.

Retconing Sargeras origin didnt hurt the story in a single bit, so i dont know why you put it as an example of bad storytelling.

MoP storyline sucks, and goes into common places of making every panda in the game an alcoholic that want things to go slow. Beer elementals alone show how bad MoP storyline is.
    alementals arent a real thing, they are elementals that are allowed to go in the ale because it gives the ale a unique taste and fizz that cant be obtained through normal brewing.

illidan and vashj HAD NO DAMN PLOTLINE.

chen stormstout wasnt ignoring everything that happened in the world he was exploring, thats what he does, im assuming you belive brann bronzebeard is a two bit hobo because instead of fighting in the war he was exploring archaeology sites and ruins huh?

and yes the retcon of sargeras did ruin something, the original draenei which are now called the broken were relegated from native inhabitants to mutant freaks of godly wind chime worshipers of air poofydom.

no pandaren "wants things to go slow" they want people tp experience life to the fullest, alot of people say retarded things like "the pandaren hate fighting" or "the pandaren want peace" they dont, they just want to fight for a good reason, they fight ALL THE TIME but they dont fight out of hate or revenge or jealousy because when they do they lose themselves, when they fight they have to fight for a purpose.

also they arent alcoholics, the dwarves are, most pandaren brew doesnt even truly get you drunk it heightens your senses or imbues you with power, do they occasionally get drunk? yes they helped invent brewfest of course occasionally they do, but brewing isnt all about getting drunk.

you come off as highly ignorant of the storyline in mists and seem to be completely clueless about nearly everything lore related,

illidan had no storyline in bc he literally showed up twice, technically 3 times. the first time hes just a voice and claims he killed arthas, the 2nd time he tells and orc hes and idiot, and the third time he just checks up on akama.

oh god what a wonderful anti hero turned psycho.

also neither did vashj have a storyline, she had pretty much no lines and did nothing

HAY GUISE TEH NAGA IS STEALINZ DE WATERZ "why" FOAR TEH LULZ

there is literally no excuse ever given as to why that happened, why woudl the naga purposefully destroy comfortable living habitat for themselves and their allies? they werent sending the water anywhere they were just shoving it in a big hole, they werent using it for anything, they couldve easily lived in the swamp without all the trouble of drilling a huge hole in the ground and pumping water from throughout a huge area into a big hole in the ground

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 09:08 PM ----------

Revenue has always been up even in Cata, where the decline was in NA, because it isnt from subscription only. So no, try again to find a single clue about NA not losing many subs, even when they said in the very conference that they did.
    it was confirmed during the last quarter of cata that the majority of the subs lost throughout cata were from the east. so you are wrong again

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    yeah cos everything is peachy and awesome in Wow right now and all the stats and data shows this...

Im glad Kotick stating he is concerned about Wow subs right now is only a lie...

PS please supply the source where u came up with "500% operating costs" please.
    wow makes billions of dollars a year. the cost of server upkeep and customer support isnt anywhere near as close as they rake in every year i also really wish you would stop twisting my words.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-10 at 01:13 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    i predict subs will continue to fall till around 6 million
    If they're not already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    If they're not already there.
    its possible. i just want demon hunters and i wont care what blizzard does from then on.

demon hunter class and ill be happy for the rest of wows lifetime
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    wow makes billions of dollars a year. the cost of server upkeep and customer support isnt anywhere near as close as they rake in every year i also really wish you would stop twisting my words.
    twisting your words?

U were stupid enough to demand i give u a source of one of my statements on this thread... which i duly did with direct quotations form the conference call. This consequently proved my point was correct... And yet u have posted up invented figures off the top of your head constantly in every one of your garbage posts and cannot provide a single reference to fact to back them up.

Its people like u who are a problem to discussions like this. Mainly because ur posting up 'facts' created out of your heart and not your head. U need to learn to stand back and properly analyse the data rather than cherrypicking and inventing 'facts' to try to prove what your heart is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It isn't just WoW. The entire MMO-genre reached its peak and is on the decline. But when we look back, you can bet everyone will say and should be saying, Blizzard is responsible for jump starting the MMO again and starting a full out MMO wars. Good times. Remember how many games upon release were getting stacked up against the mighty WoW and how people were saying it was a "WoW killer". It was silly, but it was still funny to read everything people would say. All I can say is, what a ride it has been. It's not over yet, by any means, but it certainly looks like unless Blizzards next expansion is nothing short of amazing, the sub levels are going to go down to a more appropriate level. When the dust has settled, we'll have hardcore players left over who will refuse to leave, no matter what. There are probably enough to where there should be a fair amount of subs still.
    I agree with your analysis, and your feeling of where subs will be going. There is evidence even on these boards of people who basically will worship the ground of any blizzard employee / product. I dont get how some people can get so attached to a company / game that they say and act the way they do, like if WoW died, they would commit suicide.

Wow will retain a good core of people. I predict that core is probably in the millions, but when the dust settles and clears, it may normalize to a much more reasonable number like 4 million or so. "No king rules forever my son"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree with your analysis, and your feeling of where subs will be going. There is evidence even on these boards of people who basically will worship the ground of any blizzard employee / product. I dont get how some people can get so attached to a company / game that they say and act the way they do, like if WoW died, they would commit suicide.

Wow will retain a good core of people. I predict that core is probably in the millions, but when the dust settles and clears, it may normalize to a much more reasonable number like 4 million or so. "No king rules forever my son"
    Hope that day comes soon and Blizzard can again design their entire game around fun and challenge.Not content that is supposed to be cleared by people who log on here and then.Cause then we end up with shit like lfr and dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Hope that day comes soon and Blizzard can again design their entire game around fun and challenge.Not content that is supposed to be cleared by people who log on here and then.Cause then we end up with shit like lfr and dailies.
    I don't think that's going to happen again, at least not with this game.

There is such thing as being 'too big' and this game paid the price for it.

I was very surprised at the sheer number of subs dropped this quarter. This is what I think:

Blizzard has 2 options. They have their unannounced MMO coming up, and they have WoW currently, which is on a decline. They are clearly very ambitious about their new project, but it has its risks too, and is an enigma right now.

1.) They take off the gloves and put major resources into rebuffing World of Warcraft. This would mean developing superior, updated graphics/look/feel, updating the combat, taking newer MMO ideas into account, and caving on features requested by the community, things like removing CRZ and merging servers, not to mention introducing completely new systems into the game that are different from BGs, Arenas, Raids, and the like. This, naturally, is a risky move. Their new updated WoW would have a chance of not being fun, even then. This would potentially take away resources from other departments that could use it.

This, as well, would mean that MoP would last a longer time than originally planned. It could even last 3 years, and would also cause a massive sub drop, but with them banking on a lot of people coming back with a revitalized, fresh WoW.

2.) They cut their losses (not totally) and prepare themselves for having WoW in a F2P model down the road, and not so distant either. They'd keep the status quo and try to fix a problem here and there, put some quality of life stuff in, release new content with the same old system (dungeons/raids/bgs/arenas etc.) They'd align themselves in a position where WoW could support their endeavors for Titan, and that would be that, after Titan is released WoW goes on the backburner and they largely focus on their new MMO. WoW would go the way of Everquest 1. Continuous, low to medium budget expansions.

---
    The question is, for Blizzard, which is the more intelligent risk to take?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope that day comes soon and Blizzard can again design their entire game around fun and challenge.Not content that is supposed to be cleared by people who log on here and then.
    I didn't receive the memo about people who "log on here and then" clearing heroic modes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I didn't receive the memo about people who "log on here and then" clearing heroic modes.

Yet they somehow need to be nerfed heavily after a certain amount of time,for what reason I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they somehow need to be nerfed heavily after a certain amount of time,for what reason I guess?
    Heavily as in "10% in 5.2"?
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Heavily as in "10% in 5.2"?
    You'd be surprised at how much of a difference that makes.

Because the majority of the player base is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much of a difference that makes.
    Probably, but calling it heavy is a bit... *sunglasses* heavy-handed.
    Yeahhh!

Slightly more seriously, even a nerfed hardmode won't be completed by an LFR player.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but calling it heavy is a bit... *sunglasses* heavy-handed.
    Yeahhh!

Slightly more seriously, even a nerfed hardmode won't be completed by an LFR player.
    Probably not, but - it can most definitely be done by a casual raider.

The pinocchio tale of people sub in between patches is nonsense, have these same people forgot to resub for a major patch 5.2 ToT ?

Realistically, in present day the number is below 8 million and will only drop after 5.3 pvp changes, stale content

They carry on that ToT is so beautifully designed yet raid participation is at an all time low, stop wasting time and resources on the beauty and figure out a way to get more people raiding.