Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Afaik they stack together. (Never got enough haste to be able to drop 3 at once tho)
    They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    They don't (unless they changed after 5.1 when I last checked)
    Hmm, attempted to test it and i've seen a few times where it ticked much faster than you would expect, but i can't tell if it was a glitch, just wrong timing display of properly stacking. I do know for a fact that it did display both sets of debuff for what seemed like a proper duration.

Deleted
    Its easy enough testing on a target dummy by spam casting consecration twice in a row, you will notice you get 1 or 2 less ticks depending on your haste levels.

Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gonmarc/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p8...?s=2080&e=2296
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I know my ilevel is a bit low, but I just feel real squishy at times. I'am wondering if maybe I might do better in a mastery spec. Feel all over the place. Halp?!
    Description of Playstyle: I CS, J, (filler, etc) I try to keep my SoTR up as much as I can but I cant seem to break from 25-28% uptime. I want to be able to take a beating without getting destroyed on some fights. I'm a noob when it comes to pally tanking.
    Last edited by Vector; 2013-05-10 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    First thing that pops out of my mind is god, what is that trinket? Kill it before it lay eggs please! You should vendor that Delicate blahablaha trinket before it gives you cancer, pick up any green or blue trinket instead of it. I would refrain from saying it but if you do not have any other trinket available, pick up a <dumdumdum> Ghost Iron Dragonling <dumdumdum>

Other than that, way to tired to disect logs atm but if your SotR uptime is that low, there is only 1 answer and that is (inb4 2 answers), that either you are overcapping HoPo, i.e. not using SotR when you are at 5 HoPo and continuing to use HoPo generators, or really not using your HoPo generators (but you say you are). Which leaves the third and most likely option, you are probably having a lot of dead time between your globals. You need to mash those buttons faster and get more globals out. I see you gemmed for haste etc, but there is no point in getting your GCD down from 1.5 to 1.2 seconds if you use an ability every 2 seconds anyway. You would probably be better off with a stamina/mastery build before becoming more familiar with your rotation.

Today we learn that Firefly has no previous coding experience. HE DIDN'T CLOSE THE DUMDUMDUM, NOW IT'S ALL DUMDUMDUM!

Deleted
    Shizzle I do not code in <HTML></HTML>

Prefer C++ coding or simplified version of it.

Actually gone 4 different programming courses but I kinda feel asleep during HTML

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Today we learn that Firefly has no previous coding experience. HE DIDN'T CLOSE THE DUMDUMDUM, NOW IT'S ALL DUMDUMDUM!
    First thing I saw/thought too.

But yeah, you're either not hitting enough HoPo gens, not hitting them fast enough, or hitting them at the wrong time. Your uptime is like half of what it should be (which you know), so it's one of those things. Raid is starting here so I can't count up HoPo in vs ShotR out, but if you can look at that, it'll tell the story.

More HoPo gens used than ShotRx3? You're overcapping.
    HoPo in = ShotRx3? You're not overcapping, but likely hitting things too slowly.
    Look at total fight time and see how many globals you used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Shizzle I do not code in <HTML></HTML>

Prefer C++ coding or simplified version of it.

Actually gone 4 different programming courses but I kinda feel asleep during HTML
    Implying that HTML qualifies as coding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Implying that HTML qualifies as coding.
    My thoughts exactly when my teacher said we were gonna code in HTML.

Btw, what is up with all the people saying ShotR now instead of SotR, did I miss anything?

Sounds better, phoenetically. Shotter.

Also, SotR used to refer to Seals of the Righteous for Ret, I think?
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    We are going to try Iron Qon this reset. I'm going to Solo-Tank with my Pally.

Any Tips on how to handle the Impale Stacks / when to Bubble? How to use HoPu?

We have another Pally (Holy) but not sure he will be available. So gonna need a Rotation for myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

We have another Pally (Holy) but not sure he will be available. So gonna need a Rotation for myself.
    Bubble when wind storm comes as the impale debuff hurts when healers are running around like headless chickens and ignoring you.
    Bubble again when all dogs are dead. Doesnt really matter which talent you choose for that fight: US / clemency / purity, but my preference is US.
    Stand in fire for vengence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Sounds better, phoenetically. Shotter.

Also, SotR used to refer to Seals of the Righteous for Ret, I think?
    Isnt it Seal of Righteousness? SoR?

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Stand in fire for vengence.
    This is tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

Normal or Heroic? If HC, HoPur will allow for insanely good damage/healing from veng.

For heroic, I run the first stack up to 6-7, which lasts for the fire dog and into the first windstorm. Bubble right before the storm.
    Then kill the wind dog before 2nd storm, and run the stacks up again on the void zone dog. BoP self when he's ~35% so you go into last phase "clean".
    Wings/Lust/HA and go HAM on dogs. Bubble when stacks are getting high when its just IQ (bonus points for bubbling DURING a fist smash to help healers).
    Profit.

Isnt it Seal of Righteousness? SoR?
    I WotLK, Seals of the Righteous provided like 6% (IIRC) wep dmg on melee attacks when SOT/SOR was up, was a Ret talent.

This is tanking.
    Needs moar Leonidas.
    20k and counting...

Hey all, was asked to go tank for heroic horridon and we seem to do well until the 3rd door then I seem to get trucked and I am unsure why since im rotating thru cooldowns, any help with be appreciative

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ge/Asur/simple
    Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n423sw7j85n1uudo/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    Hey all, was asked to go tank for heroic horridon and we seem to do well until the 3rd door then I seem to get trucked and I am unsure why since im rotating thru cooldowns, any help with be appreciative

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ge/Asur/simple
    Logs:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n423sw7j85n1uudo/
    You seem to have really low uptime on shield of righteous, you should aim to get it on for triple puncture pretty much every single time through the fight. I usually pop my Holy Avenger on 1st/2nd gate whenever it's off to build up some decent stacks and then just on 3rd gate around the time when we kite adds to the last gate because it gets tough for the healers. Then just last phase for enrage. As for Dire Calls, it's good to have your divine protection up for each of these, make sure you use it 4-5 seconds before so it helps you time it later on. You can use guardian around 2nd/3rd for the "holy shit" scenarios and it should be up for last phase anyways.

So I'm new to this forum and am looking for some guidance as I've been working on Horridon (normal 10-man) since mid Apr and am getting sick and tired of seeing that ugly face of his. I'm wondering if there's something that I can do to improve our success. We can't get past the 2nd/3rd door before we wipe.

I'm also looking for any suggestions on how to improve on being a better tank at mitigating my incoming dmg spikes. One thing I do know is that that I need to be better at casting my Sacred Shield as my uptime is pretty low.

Anyhow, without further ado...

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarion-circle/Fantin/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: tinyurl.com/afnxtc6

For those so inclined to pour through my LFR logs, they can be found here:

LFR Worldoflogs Link: tinyurl.com/bc2wbde

Sorry for not posting the links...it's not letting me do as this is my first posting.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone,
    I've recently been called to step up and tank for my 10M due to one of our tanks going on vacation for a few weeks. I have lurked on the protection threads for a long time and have noticed some people substituting out int plate gear for strength plate gear. I have a decent ilvl but I have 2 496 pieces Warbelt of Sealed Pods and Bracers of Defiled Earth and I was thinking about replacing them with Armplates of the Vanquished Abomination with a Haste roll and Refreshing Abalone Girdle. Is this a good idea or am I just giving up too much strength? I'm currently sitting at around 14700 haste with this new setup and it also gives me around 20K more health.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-05-15 at 04:21 PM.