Deleted
    I don't understand dailies tbh. Who is targeted audience? They are boring and easy - clearly not for hardcores. They are tedious - clearly not for casuals.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 04:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    To get people back, they need something new. It doesnt have to be a whole expansion. And people dont get too excited about a new zone (eg Isle of Thunder).
    However there would be alot of excitement if Blizz introduced another new class.
    Mmm, they did? Monk? Like half a year ago? Or are you expecting they pump new classes every patch?
    Last edited by mmoc9ff7ae5337; 2013-05-10 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    I don't understand dailies tbh. Who is targeted audience? They are boring and easy - clearly not for hardcores. They are tedious - clearly not for casuals.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 04:41 AM ----------

Mmm, they did? Monk? Like half a year ago? Or are you expecting they pump new classes every patch?
    Yes, because the Monk class is so extremely exciting, that after this many months the class is severely underrepresented.

The class is not as interesting to people in general as the other ones. Honestly, it sucks. They should have a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    However there would be alot of excitement if Blizz introduced another new class.
    They did that this expansion, I think the excitement was muted after DK.

To truly excite people, they need to add a new GAMEPLAY.

"Warcraft Arcade" with player-generated 'content' would be cool. Dynamic PvE/PvP events in the world would be cool. PvE/PvP Ship vs Ship combat... would be cool.

Simplifying dungeon by making them so easy you dont need tanks & healers and calling them scenarios ? not that exciting, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Yes, because the Monk class is so extremely exciting, that after this many months the class is severely underrepresented.

The class is not as interesting to people in general as the other ones. Honestly, it sucks. They should have a new class.
    That's because it's new. You have to level one from the ground up and not many people are into that.

And unlike DKs, it's not monstrously OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I wonder if it's not casuals or hardcores leaving, but the in-between player base (which is what I was). Basically, I couldn't play wow more than 1 (occasionally 2) nights per week for any substantial amount of time. LFR obviously wasn't doing it for me (let's face it, it's either faceroll or wipefest), but not even a half-assed raiding guild would touch me with a 10 ft pole because I couldn't commit to a schedule. That left me no choice but to un-sub.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's because it's new. You have to level one from the ground up and not many people are into that.

And unlike DKs, it's not monstrously OP.
    Not only that who gives a shit sbout being a monk? It's a monk. Like a death knight sounded cool, looked cool ,felt powerful, sounded bad ass, started at lvl 55 and was otherwise known as the man. It was a hero class and felt like one. Monks are just meh. At best their just another class. At worst I don't feel like they fit in. They stand out like sore thumbs I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Not only that who gives a shit sbout being a monk? It's a monk. Like a death knight sounded cool, looked cool ,felt powerful, sounded bad ass, started at lvl 55 and was otherwise known as the man. It was a hero class and felt like one. Monks are just meh. At best their just another class. At worst I don't feel like they fit in. They stand out like sore thumbs I don't know.
    Well, that's just an opinion. I tried both monk and dk and wasn't impressed. Some are. To each his own.

Deleted
    That 1 year contract deal for free D3 was over so byebye wow sub

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma View Post
    I wonder if it's not casuals or hardcores leaving, but the in-between player base (which is what I was). Basically, I couldn't play wow more than 1 (occasionally 2) nights per week for any substantial amount of time. LFR obviously wasn't doing it for me (let's face it, it's either faceroll or wipefest), but not even a half-assed raiding guild would touch me with a 10 ft pole because I couldn't commit to a schedule. That left me no choice but to un-sub.

Same here but just delaying the inevitable. Honestly it's not that I can find a guild- It's just that I've been hardcore for so long I wouldn't have the patience for a more casual approach to raiding.

I had been PuG raiding from WotLK until DS came out. In Cata I cut my play time by a lot to the point that if I wanted to play one of my toons I would of had to neglect the others and even then would not VP cap all the time. I was still able to keep my three characters relatively raid ready and was PuG raiding both T11 and T12 prenerf. The PuG raiding scene was still quite healthy on my realm with PuGs available from 3pm to 10pm with me usually jumping on at 9pm. Cata was perfect for my low total weekly time commitment along with being able to do engaging content when I wanted.

MoP in comparison for me is just a nolifer expansion. Ether I spend a shitload of time on doing mindless content or if I wanted to do engaging content that required me to get out of the fire then I would have to commit myself to a guild. There is not real in between. Anything that is supposed to offer a challenge is no longer available for random queue and no one wants to PuG things like Challenge modes. The things I found engaging for eight years are no longer accessible to me. Ether I put up with things that are really boring to me or I put WoW before real life and join a guild. I choose to quit. That wall to challenging content just got moved back and made bigger. There is not in between anymore. There are many other games out there that will offer me content that I find engaging when I want to play that I ether own already or are free.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-05-10 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Eh, personal taste there. I'd put Monks ahead of several existing classes fun-wise.

An average class is a good place for a new class to be. They can't ALL be the best. Or we'd end up with a string of OP as fuck classes like launch DKs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Ether I spend a shitload of time on doing mindless content or if I wanted to do engaging content that required me to get out of the fire then I would have to commit myself to a guild. There is not real in between. Anything that is supposed to offer a challenge is no longer available for random queue and no one wants to PuG things like Challenge modes. The things I found engaging for eight years are no longer accessible to me.
    Yeah okay, but come on, the game has always been like that. Don't tell me doing random dungeons in Wrath was a complex, challenging experience.

I get that WoW's challenging content all requires premade groups (ie guilds) to participate in, but it's always been like that. In fact it's gotten more accessible, you used to be unable to do ANYTHING without an organised group.

And the reason the content you queue for isn't challenging is because of players. You've seen the kinds of people in a lot of those queues. Would you like to try to do hard mode mechanics with them? Even LFR Lei Shen is a struggle every week (which personally I enjoy but most people just get frustrated and leave group).
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-05-10 at 04:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Earlier in this thread it was said that Age of Wushu was stealing Wow subs. I grabbed it tonight. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Honestly Street Fighter 2 is a better made game. Interface is terrible, fights are choppy, no flow, etc and the controls are bad. I understand F2P is the new thing but I wouldn't spend a dime on it. Mayeb there's other examples but Age of Wushu is not one.

I've tried every "next greatest thing" F2P MMO in the past year or so and have been thoroughly unimpressed with all of them. I don't see this increase in quality people have talked about. F2P is still complete shit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Also it has gameplay more resembling Mass Effect and a fast-paced FPS than the tab-target system of WoW.
    That's one thing that throws me off like crazy when I play WoW or SWTOR; I can't just shoot directly ahead of me whenever I feel like it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why so many people start panicking over sub drop in WoW. Even with 8M players, WoW is what? 8x-4x more successful than other MMO's? Many games have 1-2M subs and they are doing fine.

Can everybody stop using the old game argument? It makes no sense. No business just says "okay now that we have worked for 9 years.. its time to kill our business off." Things can adapt, blizz needs to adapt. They need to change the game so it can compete in this new era of gaming.. It is disrespectful to all their paying customers that they don't.

I feel quite offended everytime I hear about titan tbh. I have paid to play wow for almost two years now + I have spent hours in this game. I wouldn't be satisfied with any kind of annual pass thing. I wouldn't be satisfied even if they PAID me to switch to titan. It is not okay that they took our money + hours and now they are working on the next big thing. It will keep me and a lot of people that I have discussed this topic from playing any blizzard game ever if titan is not just wow2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    oh yeah because naga stealing all the swamp water for no reason that is never explained or even hinted at is a good storyline, oh yeah illidan all of a sudden going nutsocrayzo and creating a demon army and enslaving a bunch of different races while also only showing up TWICE in his own expansion was good writing, oh yeah instead of having kael'thas be the proud leader of his people they turn him into a twobit crazy pants villain for the sake of a flashy name and not only that but have him become a pawn of the legion, the very thing his people rebelled against and fought a civil war against in the war of the ancients and then after being exiled created the guardians of tirisfall to combat them, oh and retconning sargeras origin story, poofing the draenei out of thin air for the sole reason because chris metzen though it was cool was good writing, completely messing up the orcs history and making them learn shamanism from magic crystal naaru water was completely good writing right? having alleria and turalyon never even show up nor have their son do anything is completely good writing write? having khadgar become neutral and hang out with windchimes while spending the whole expansion being sad about medivh is totally good writing right? having the blood elves join the orcs despite one of their most honored heroes being given the title orc slayer purely for server population reasons is totally good writing right? having the burning legion essentially do nothing the entire expansion but build fel forges is totally good writing right? having teron gorefiend show up with almost no lore and used entirely as a flashy prop is totally good writing right?

yes because all of that is SO MUCH BETTER than having a character from warcraft 3 actually taking part in quests, acting like himself, and not being used as a flashy prop in a raid, or having characters who previously did nothing at all like jaina actually DOING something, or having the alliance finally having a central leadership again and becoming unified or an actual good storyline in the horde that isnt "thrall talks to some dudes and shows them that orcs are cool guise" or having an IMMENSELY important legendary questline, one that actually foreshadows and has huge implications for what will happen in the future for it instead of "hey guys thars this weapon dat rel good has 000.1% drop chance and liek no lore for you to experiences"

if we were still in cata and were in the middle of thrall has a dragon wedding and deathwing goes from evil mastermind to RAWR I BE A DRAGAN then yes you would have a point but the lore in mists of pandaria is like the magnum opus of wow compared to the huge shitstorm that was tbc lore and blizzard has admitted fully that they really had no clue wtf they were doing since it was their first expansion and thank god illidan will be back soon and we can act like it never happened, and if kael;thas wasnt a meme you would be damned sure he would be back to
    Answering the first part of your post...
    Yes, that is a good storyline.

Yes the Draenei were a spin off, but I can't say the story behind them was any worst then "island covered in mist that NOONE has ever seen before with a bunch of delightful looking pandas, with some of them that sailed off on top of a turtle maaaaaany years ago"
    The story in mop is 10 times worst than tbc man. With a couple of good bits here and there but 10 times worst.
    Sure they came up with new stuff in tbc but it sounded good.
    Mop's background story is just unstable. I like the way it developed later on but nothing much.

I mean, you capture the alliance's next in line for the throne, and nothing happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I also don't really buy the whole idea that other western MMOs that have come out in the past years are 'lower quality' than WoW. The only reason why people didn't switch over is because in MMOs people generally prefer to stick to what they're familiar with and where they're friends are.

Choosing between being a L90 with decent set of gear and a big collection of novelty items and hundreds of achievements or starting a poor 'noob' character at L1 in a new MMO... that's usually already enough for people not wanting to make the switch, even if the new game is more fun.
    I disagree. Literally every single MMO I've tried in the past two years outside of WoW and Guild Wars has absurdly clunky combat. That's one thing nobody has managed to match up to WoW in. I can't play games that 'feel' bad to play. It irritates the hell out of me. WoW is smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Can everybody stop using the old game argument? It makes no sense. No business just says "okay now that we have worked for 9 years.. its time to kill our business off."
    What are you talking about? It's extremely rare for a game to last 9 years except for a few die hard fans who still play them regularly. It's natural for games to get old and die.

Plausible. Likely cause of this is the tuning of "normal" mode. Which really doesn't exist anymore. There's EZ mode, then there's heroic mode, and finally there's "better get sponsors if you want it on farm this year" mode.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"