Thread: Pvp and Pets

10+ Year Old Account

Pvp and Pets

This is my first time Main'ing a Hunter and noticed alot of other hunters use different pets for pvp.
    I know alot of it has to do with whether you can use exotics pets or not.

My question is, What pet do YOU use for pvp? And Why that pet? Is their a certain Ability you like that it has?

For example, I use a devilsaur because I like the healing reduc it has. Also it seems to survive better than some other pets ive attempted.

Deleted
    Shale spider - 3 sec stun

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally PvP with a Scorpid - which is great for dealing with melee classes, as it Disarms.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yayack View Post
    For example, I use a devilsaur because I like the healing reduc it has. Also it seems to survive better than some other pets ive attempted.
    You also have a shot that decreases healing on the target, Widow Venom, in case you might have overlooked it.

As for the Devilsaur its health and armor will be identical to any other pet using whichever spec you've given it, so it doesn't have any innate survivability advantage over other pets. I think most people are simply smart enough to try and kill the hunter instead. :P
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-05-10 at 10:37 AM.

Spider -- tried and true 5 sec root on a 40 sec cd
    Crane -- 4 sec sleep on a 1 min (1.5 next patch) cd
    Monkey -- 4 sec blind on a 1 min (1.5 next patch) cd

If BM go with shale spider (3 sec stun) or spirit beast (spirit mend) in 2s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Spider -- tried and true 5 sec root on a 40 sec cd
    Crane -- 4 sec sleep on a 1 min (1.5 next patch) cd
    Monkey -- 4 sec blind on a 1 min (1.5 next patch) cd

If BM go with shale spider (3 sec stun) or spirit beast (spirit mend) in 2s.
    So what about a crab? It has a 4sec pin? I'm guessing it is just a root and doesn't stop them from casting like the stun?

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I generally PvP with a Scorpid - which is great for dealing with melee classes, as it Disarms.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 10:36 AM ----------

You also have a shot that decreases healing on the target, Widow Venom, in case you might have overlooked it.

As for the Devilsaur its health and armor will be identical to any other pet using whichever spec you've given it, so it doesn't have any innate survivability advantage over other pets. I think most people are simply smart enough to try and kill the hunter instead. :P
    See I didn't think about Widow Venom, I guess that really rules out the extra usefulness of a devilsaur. Because I'm taking a wild guess and saying that those two abilities don't stack

So what about a crab? It has a 4sec pin? I'm guessing it is just a root and doesn't stop them from casting like the stun
    It's just a root. Really no reason to use it over a spider anymore. Web lasts longer and can be used from range.

Spirit beast for the heal. Can't really beat that when you don't have a healer.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Spirit beast for the heal. Can't really beat that when you don't have a healer.
    Okay I didn't have a spirit beast before you posted that, spent hours farming and finally got one. Now is there a certain macro you use to get the beast to heal you? It doesnt seem like its healing me when I hit the ability.

Okay I didn't have a spirit beast before you posted that, spent hours farming and finally got one. Now is there a certain macro you use to get the beast to heal you? It doesnt seem like its healing me when I hit the ability.
    Make sure it's not on auto use and then you can make a macro

/cast [@player] spirit mend

That's just the basic one I use cause I don't heal anybody else.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Shale Spider, insane for a long cc chain and extra mobility. Since we are losing Intimidation next patch this makes the Shale Spider even stronger in my eyes since it will be our only stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Shale Spider, insane for a long cc chain and extra mobility. Since we are losing Intimidation next patch this makes the Shale Spider even stronger in my eyes since it will be our only stun.
    I use intimidation all the time, I cant believe they are getting rid of it

Deleted
    no exotic i use spider (root) and sometimes bird of prey (disarm)

In the exotic part i think spirit beast and shale spiders are the best, shale spider even better in 5.3 since we are losing intimidation

Doesn't matter - the all knowing morons at Blizzard will fucking bury Hunters in the next patch - RIP BM. Hunters will now be as useless as rogues were at the start of MOP.

Eather go for a Spirit beast or for a shale spider. Also a stampedo with a few spirit beasts is OP !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Doesn't matter - the all knowing morons at Blizzard will fucking bury Hunters in the next patch - RIP BM. Hunters will now be as useless as rogues were at the start of MOP.
    Talk about an overreaction, Hunters will still be good, just not godly with stupid amounts of control and damage.

I tend to use Ol' scythe-arms (Silithid Colussus) or a spirit beast. But that may be because I don't pvp often.

I PvP as Survival, because it's more challenging/less faceroll, and I have a general dislike of BM hunters - so I refuse to classify myself as one.

Sporebat if the opposing team is caster/caster (or heavy caster, in a BG). Scorpion for disarm, if melee.

Winning as a non FOTM spec = 10 times more gratifying than derpderpfacerollBM.

Just my 2CP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonballs View Post
    I PvP as Survival, because it's more challenging/less faceroll, and I have a general dislike of BM hunters - so I refuse to classify myself as one.

Sporebat if the opposing team is caster/caster (or heavy caster, in a BG). Scorpion for disarm, if melee.

Winning as a non FOTM spec = 10 times more gratifying than derpderpfacerollBM.

Just my 2CP.
    I didn't mention any specs, Just simply asked what pet and for what reason. Spore Bat for casters is a new one, I didnt think about that. I dont do much arena as battlegrounds thats for sure.

I use a sporebat as one of my stampede pets to reduce cast time during burst and I'm not really a fan of the pet swapping for extra CC

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently use a shale spider for the 3 second stun. After the patch on Tuesday though, I'll be switching which pet I use. It was a great cc ability for a 31 second cd, but a 90 second cd after patch for a 3 second stun just isn't worth it when I can use other pets that would benefit me more.

I'm thinking either a spirit beast (I have Ghostcrawler and the blue spirit porcupine...no luck finding the others so far) for the heal, or a regular spider (have found all of the Hyjal ones and tamed three colors) for the five second web which I don't think is getting a nerf after the patch.

I despise arenas, my PvP is largely random bg, RBG and world.