Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    So was this the last Iron Man or do they plan to make more?
    well the movie is on its way to cracking a billion... and by on its way i mean probably after this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Great film saw it the other day, gets better every time

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Hey, I know you're a pretty big Marvel nerd. What are your thoughts on the movie? Particularly "The Mandarin".

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Hey, I know you're a pretty big Marvel nerd. What are your thoughts on the movie? Particularly "The Mandarin".
    Ummmm..haven't seen it :P I am moving next week, so I've been packing like a madwoman, AND the week after I am going to LA on a mini (drunken) Vacation... I should see it while I am there though..I'll let ya know. I know the spoilers/twist, and from the sounds of it, i like it, but i need to see it in practice first.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wish they'd get back the rights to X-Men, All of them have been either meh or awful (Then again I am a die hard X-Man fanboi so I am not going to ever be pleased lol)

Glad they got back the rights to Daredavil though.
    Eh, I feel like X-2 is the closest thing we'll ever get to a real X-Men movie.

The first was decent enough to give me hope, we saw Wolverine cut loose in 2, and then they made Phoenix so fucking stupid in 3. And fuck Origins.

First Class was half-decent, but I doubt they'll follow through.

Maybe Disney can pull off a decent Daredevil, and bring Elektra along for the ride. And anybody can be better than Cage as Ghostrider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    One thing that kind of annoyed me was the ending where he took out that chest core thing. He's just some normal guy now. I never read the comics so I don't know much but didn't he just take out out a big part of what made him Iron Man? Also why didn't he just take out that thing in his chest in the first place if it could've been done? Ugh I don't know, a part of me also blames Disney for making it too kid friendly with all the jokes and that stupid kid. I know the other two had jokes in it but in this one there was so much I think this could've passed for an action/comedy movie like Hancock. It also felt like it was released at the wrong time with it's whole Christmas theme it had going. To add another thing that was kind of dumb was how he could now control the suits without even being in them. So it basically makes him worthless now. Why jump into a suit when you can just sit at home and control the suit. It really turned me off because instead of making him look like a hero, it made him look like some fat computer nerd controlling robots to do his bidding.

It may have made a hell of a lot more money than the others and even Avengers but it doesn't make it the best Iron Man movie. If I were to rate it out of 10, I'd probably rate it maybe like a 7/10. RDJ was great as always, one of my favorite actors, I have no complaints about him, it's just what they decided to do with the movie, especially the ending, that I didn't like.
    Eh, part of the reason he didn't have it removed was fear. The electromagnet was working, and he has trust issues. Letting people cut into his chest would be huge for him.

You're supposed to see Tony Stark taking a step back from his psychoses. He's a rather broken individual when you get right down to it.

You're also grossly mischaracterizing the suit thing. He use it in the most extreme situations, but it quickly became clear he was better when in the suit and on the line.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

i found the movie to be confusing, a lot of the things that were happening were not clearly explained or didn't make much sense.

it made no sense that there were 42 versions of the suit which they lead you to believe were destroyed only to find out that they were not destroyed and that they were also capable of flying to Tony at any time and fighting by themselves. after all of that he destroys them all anyway.

it didn't make sense that they took War Machine, used the suit, then put the president in it and all of a sudden it was unusable. it also didn't make sense that they were going to burn him in the suit.

the story of the botanist didn't seem to flow well either.

i also found the 3d to be more of a distraction than an enjoyable part of the movie experience, entirely to many lens flares and fuzzy objects, which i think helped add to the confusion on what people were doing and why the people were doing those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Eh, I feel like X-2 is the closest thing we'll ever get to a real X-Men movie.

The first was decent enough to give me hope, we saw Wolverine cut loose in 2, and then they made Phoenix so fucking stupid in 3. And fuck Origins.

First Class was half-decent, but I doubt they'll follow through.
    First class, while flawed was excellent, and I think Days of Future Past is shaping up to be a good one as well.

First class, while flawed was excellent, and I think Days of Future Past is shaping up to be a good one as well.
    And then we have the new Wolverine movie, that I'll probably end up seeing just because it's Hugh Jackman, even though it's shaping up to be horribly generic.

Kinda excited that Bishop will be in Days of Future past.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Kinda excited that Bishop will be in Days of Future past.
    Well, it wouldn't really be Days of Future Past without Bishop and/or Cable in it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/10/s-h-i-e-l-d/

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville,” “Lost,” “Heroes”) comes Marvel’s first TV series. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

so i was super disappointing the mandarin guy was just a fake actor, cuz isnt he actually in the comics some dude who possesses secret alien technology via the 10 rings on his fingers? i was really hopin to see what they did lol

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so i was super disappointing the mandarin guy was just a fake actor, cuz isnt he actually in the comics some dude who possesses secret alien technology via the 10 rings on his fingers? i was really hopin to see what they did lol
    The real Mandarin was Aldrich Killian. I'm pretty sure that they said before the movie even came out that the Mandarin wasn't going to be using power rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The real Mandarin was Aldrich Killian. I'm pretty sure that they said before the movie even came out that the Mandarin wasn't going to be using power rings.

Actually I think, and I am old, and you know, the memory goes first, that they WERE going to bring "magic" into this movie since we have crossover universes now with Thor, and that a Doctor Strange movie is coming.

[/B]

Actually I think, and I am old, and you know, the memory goes first, that they WERE going to bring "magic" into this movie since we have crossover universes now with Thor, and that a Doctor Strange movie is coming.
    Yeah, it wouldn't have been that hard to have the 10 rings. It could've played into Stark's anxiety over what he witnessed in New York to have had to face a foe who utilized magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yeah, it wouldn't have been that hard to have the 10 rings. It could've played into Stark's anxiety over what he witnessed in New York to have had to face a foe who utilized magic.
    that's why i thought they would do the Mandarin as a straight up villain... I don't mind the twist, i just wish they would have let him be in alliance with the other guy

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i thought the movie was an attempt to cancel the series lol..jk kinda. during the movie someone whispered "are you *bleepin* serious?" during the kingsley discovery scene. when exiting the theatre another asked if they did that on purpose or was the movie rushed. im sure they made a ton of lewt on this film and in the end thats all h-wood cares about.

3/10
    You cared enough to post.

They would of made the millions if the movie was about Pepper Potts for 2 hours, and no other characters were even on screen.

Dat hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    i thought the movie was an attempt to cancel the series lol..jk kinda. during the movie someone whispered "are you *bleepin* serious?" during the kingsley discovery scene. when exiting the theatre another asked if they did that on purpose or was the movie rushed. 3/10
    Before you start reading too much into a couple of people at your theater griping...when I was at the theater people were cheering and applauding throughout the movie(and the Kingsley discovery scene got laughs), and the only complaint *I* heard was "I waited through all those credits for that?". I really hope you were just kidding about them attempt to "cancel the series" since I can pretty much guarantee it was not an attempt to "cancel the series", more an attempt to "conclude the Downey-era" of the character, in case he decides not to come back(since he has expressed the view that he may not). Since these movies so far have been basically a license for the studio to print money, you can bet they have no intention of "cancelling the series" as long as it remains this way.