Foundry is pretty fucking bad now, killing 20 ogres one by one down a long hallway and you get XP for 2 at the start and another two down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    4e druid sounds interesting.
    Um, forget that then.

Are there any classes in 4E that are "shamanistic" or nature/elements-oriented healers?

I like the use of totems as implements or weapons, that's very cool and could translate visually well to the game, but 4E Druids seem to be either DPS/control or tanks.

Bards would be awesome too! I think, I don't know 4E at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Foundry is pretty fucking bad now, killing 20 ogres one by one down a long hallway and you get XP for 2 at the start and another two down the line.
    Was the quest in question for your level? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't fine tuned for months now, and I'm betting the best quest creators haven't even touched the foundry yet.

My experiences with it so far have been decent, but that's anecdotal.

EDIT: Also, what I kind of meant was that I'm guessing the Foundry wasn't meant as a "min max your leveling speed" -tool. There's this thing called "roleplaying", which D&D and Forgotten Realms basically is, and I'm guessing the Foundry was meant more as a tool to achieve at least a bit of that in a computer game.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-05-10 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I wonder what that 'coming soon' class is.
    Scourge warlock followed by dual wield ranger

I don't really have issues with Foundry as long as you go for the highly rated quests. I did crypts-something or other solo the other day, I got ~2 full levels from clearing it.

My problem with content creators right now is that single mobs present no challenge whatsoever, and packs of mobs get tiresome quickly. I've encountered more than one foundry designed dungeon where the creator's solution to ramping up difficulty was to simply make every mob spawn in ungodly amounts. E.g. hundreds of little spiders swarming you, 20 zombies at every corner, etc.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2013-05-10 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Was the quest in question for your level? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't fine tuned for months now, and I'm betting the best quest creators haven't even touched the foundry yet.

My experiences with it so far have been decent, but that's anecdotal.
    It's a knee-jerk nerf because people creating such farm levels, out of the 20 elite ogres I get XP from 1,2,7 and 15 and for the quest completion. If you enjoy it for other players story your fine, if you wanted to actually get something out of it it's pretty bad right now.

Some stupid questions:

1. Any way to turn off the shiny sparkly quest trails? I would like to turn those particular training wheels off.
    2. Is there anyway to pull the camera back further from your character? It's a little close for my liking, and I'd like to see more of the field.

Thanks!

The game would have been better off with half of the levels I think. So max level 30 like it is with the P&P game. The leveling in the game is already pretty mundane, why prolong it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Scourge warlock followed by dual wield ranger.
    Warlock wit a shield, axe and a mace? 'Cause that's what the icon basically is...

I still want Barbarians, oh well, I'll have to make do with GWF.

Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    1. Any way to turn off the shiny sparkly quest trails? I would like to turn those particular training wheels off.
    Think the default key is Z, something tells me you will want them on along the way though.

Think the default key is Z, something tells me you will want them on along the way though.
    Yeah, I turned mine off but wound up with it back on, at least for navigating the city and other multi-level structures. Definitely eases frustration. And sadly the camera is fixed distance, no zooming in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Yeah, I turned mine off but wound up with it back on, at least for navigating the city and other multi-level structures. Definitely eases frustration. And sadly the camera is fixed distance, no zooming in or out.
    Wrong.

Read the game tips when loading a new map, they are made of win.
    Press "B", roll the mouse wheel back, press "B" again = profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Wrong.

Read the game tips when loading a new map, they are made of win.
    Press "B", roll the mouse wheel back, press "B" again = profit.
    That's only for screenshot/inspect purposes. And you can't zoom out any further in that anyway.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm a little sad that they nerfed the Foundry XP farms. After leveling one character to 53, I just don't see myself going back and leveling another character through the quests. With the Foundry XP farms, it was an alternate way to level your character. Sure it was really fast, but maybe they could have just lowered the XP the NPCs gave to be more in line with the people who choose to level through the quests. Instead they made it so after a couple kills, you get no XP at all.

Was that an "XP farm" mission? Because I did a few foundry missions last night (haven't been on in a few days) and noticed I was getting quite a bit of experience for completion. Leveled up twice rather quickly doing them, a skirmish and a few other things. It kinda blew my mind.

Looking for a site with a talent calc for Neverwinter. Any suggestions?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Looking for a site with a talent calc for Neverwinter. Any suggestions?

Don't fuck up or you will have to spend 6 dollars to fix your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    LOL yea that's why im wondering.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    LOL yea that's why im wondering.
    I would suggest looking at your class forums on the Neverwinter site. Some people post build guides there.

Or spend a ton of AD to get Zen to respec,
    Or do surveys for Zen to respec.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well if Star Trek Online is any indication than you can't go wrong with any talent. Only matters if you have P2W ships or not. Talents are irrelevant. I suspect NW will be the same. Do you have plaguefire enchanted weapon or not.

Oh and Cryptic is never afraid of nerfing skills into the ground w/o warning or patch notes. So pick the one you like and forget the rest lol.