Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the word "immersion" went directly to here to call the OP a deluded idiot for wanting to whinge about flying mounts/lfx/whatever the hot topic "back in my day" nostalgia blindness is this week/ Pandaland has ruined a lot of things- but your problems are almost certainly in your head, and not whatever idiot fixes you have suggested
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Yup, immersion is the big issue here. The game looks shallow, doesn't have a soul anymore.

I'm a casual, but I support FULLY ALL of your proposals. Sure I was a casual when I started in vanilla and I was having tons of fun.
    I think people are getting stuck with this notion of casuals and hardcore players but that means JACK SHIT.
    There are active players and lazy players. Both casual and hardcore.

You need to get to the other part of the world for a dungeon? Fuck it, up your saddle and go. 15 minutes ain't goin to kill you.
    You have limited time? So do I but guess what, the game is better this way so suck it up and ride to the dungeon.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Saw the word "immersion" went directly to here to call the OP a deluded idiot for wanting to whinge about flying mounts/lfx/whatever the hot topic "back in my day" nostalgia blindness is this week/ Pandaland has ruined a lot of things- but your problems are almost certainly in your head, and not whatever idiot fixes you have suggested
    1.3 million peoe this quarter thinks differently it seems. Maybe the "problem" is the "lack of problems" that's in your head?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I'm a casual, but I support FULLY ALL of your proposals. Sure I was a casual when I started in vanilla and I was having tons of fun.
    Apparently, some people like to inflict pain to themselves... -_-

You need to get to the other part of the world for a dungeon? Fuck it, up your saddle and go. 15 minutes ain't goin to kill you.
    You have limited time? So do I but guess what, the game is better this way so suck it up and ride to the dungeon.
    How about you assemble your groups by hand and ride to the dungeon? You still can, you know, no one forces you to use LFD.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Apparently, some people like to inflict pain to themselves... -_-

How about you assemble your groups by hand and ride to the dungeon? You still can, you know, no one forces you to use LFD.
    I would if any if my old friend still played.

Nothing better then making grps in trade and being social, as we so offen use as a argument when ppl ask how we can play that game so much. Not just push a button and wait.(i guess "new" ppl to this game dont know what i mean, as the social part of the game has been removed, from a casual players point of view(LFR,LFD))

Walking/riding to a dungeon/raid is also fun, it gives you a world-like feeling, like you have to travle from A to B.

Attunments and keys are a good way to make sure that the ppl you got in your grp is half way up for the task as they did put some effort in to obtain this.

While I agree with a lot of it, it will just shun casuals and newcomers away, which isn't good. Also nearly every change is mostly a world PvP influence, which would be shit in its current state considering PvP is worse than ever and will continue to decline each patch.

Even then that isn't nearly a fraction of the problems this game already has, some already irreparable.

Honestly , the games the best its ever been for me, bc and vanilla were fun cause I had all day to play but thinking back majority of that time I was sitting in if not doing anything waiting for a five man. Now I can raid when I want or do dailies, pvp or scenario with fairly low queue compared to vanilla back then id wait an hour or more to find a pug scenario five mins. Not everyone has 8 hrs to play wow these days the game evolved for the better move on if you cant take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootis View Post
    I totally agree, the "world" in World of Warcraft is simply not there any more. Prepare to be flamed though, as the "new" WoW community is full of fanbois standing in line to praise Blizzard's every move.
    - Been playing since Vanilla
    - Agrees that the world is definitely not there anymore
    - Highly disagrees with OP's ways to bring the "world" back
    - Highly disagrees with more then half of what Blizzard does
    - Is not flaming, but thinks the OP is cracked out of his mind as that just removes all QoL possible
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna say it. OP, Worst. Ideas. Ever. Uttered!

Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    So you want them to make all people have worked on for years meaningless in the game.
    You want them make ganking in the game associated so you can piss off low level players.
    You want to make dungeons harder for people so more casual players quit.
    You want to have players run miles to raid dungeons so nothing happened at all.
    you want there to be 1 battleground a day.
    You want the questing system to be a dull as vanilla.

Add the following things

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    oh yes because that worked soooo well for cataclysm didn't it, people so enjoyed blizzard focusing all there effort into revamping the old world, and reusing old dungeons they'd played a million times before.

These ideas are just plain awful.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh yes because that worked soooo well for cataclysm didn't it, people so enjoyed blizzard focusing all there effort into revamping the old world, and reusing old dungeons they'd played a million times before.
    That one was probably the worst offender. Almost all of their effort went into Level 1-58 content which was skipped by players who already leveled.

The problem atm is that players no longer see them in a role of what they used to be. In Alliance Vanilla-BC, we (the alliance) were the heroes because we had no king. Bolvar stepped up for a bit, but he was just helping out.
    Varian, after Blizzard SAID he was going to do shit, STILL HAS DONE NOTHING. At the very least, I'm loving his son more and more with each patch, but I don't feel like I'm doing anything. Any time I have a quest or scenario to do something with Varian, he's just sitting on the sidelines. The only time he did anything was the Wrathgate quest, WHICH HAS SINCE THEN BEEN REMOVED. LOL.

The Horde also have their problem. They had Thrall who they looked up to and fought for/with. The Horde used to be about unity and strength in numbers and teamwork. But, now that he's gone, they have a douche-y leader that they're about to ambush/mutiny against. Oh and they're going to come to us, the Alliance, for help in this. THAT SHOULD BE FUN, RIGHT?!

Players don't have anything to FEEL immersed in. We're just experiencing the story, but not playing a part in it whatsoever like we did with the old expansions/vanilla. Our leaders are absolute douchebags who do nothing/do so much that he pisses off the other leaders into wanting to kill him.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm just gonna say it. OP, Worst. Ideas. Ever. Uttered!

So you want them to make all people have worked on for years meaningless in the game.
    You want them make ganking in the game associated so you can piss off low level players.
    You want to make dungeons harder for people so more casual players quit.
    You want to have players run miles to raid dungeons so nothing happened at all.
    you want there to be 1 battleground a day.
    You want the questing system to be a dull as vanilla.

Sorry trassk but:

1) world pvp = ganking? Come on I know you're just exaggerating.
    2) harder dungeons = casuals quit? Nope. Lazies do.
    3) run miles? No not really. 10 minutes ride doesn't kill anyone.
    4) questing as dull as vanilla? I don't think it can be any duller then now with an absolutely FLAT line carrying you around.

And finally, people didn't enjoy cataclysm revamp of the old world mostly because it was done brutally. The new zones were far and disconnected.
    Old azshara and new azshara?
    Old thousand needles and new thousand needles?
    Old barrens and new barrens?

Been playing since game launch, these are the worst ideas I've ever seen. Some of us still have world pvp on our servers, we don't feel like losing half the stuff that's been added over the years so you can gank people on yours, thank you. If you want world pvp so badly than go camp isle of thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That one was probably the worst offender. Almost all of their effort went into Level 1-58 content which was skipped by players who already leveled.
    Tbh if they hadn't updated the old world by this point I would have quit the game. The old azeroth questing was downright archaic, awful for new players, shitty for alt leveling. The 80-85 zones being so spread out is what more people had a gripe with imo. They felt disconnected from the rest of the world thanks to portals (or actually being separate in Deepholm's case).
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I'm going to keep saying this until people get the fucking point

Israel
    March 31, 2013

WoW
    May 8th, 2013

So, WoW has more players subscribed than the entire country of Isreals population, After 8 years. What is there to be fixed?

People underestimate the power of 8.3 MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE paying 15$ a month. As well as faction changes, race changes, name changes, etc

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    WoW is GROWING, who cares they lose a million subs in the east? EU servers are as full as never before, same goes with US (except low pop ones of course, nothing new there)
    Morhaime said it's losing subs in the west too. It's not growing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    I'm going to keep saying this until people get the fucking point

Israel
    March 31, 2013

WoW
    May 8th, 2013

So, WoW has more players subscribed than the entire country of Isreals population, After 8 years. What is there to be fixed?

People underestimate the power of 8.3 MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE paying 15$ a month. As well as faction changes, race changes, name changes, etc
    This is a gem.

You can bet your balls that if 10% of Israelis left their country due to internal changes and policies, Israel will most surely fix something.

And bomb palestine

This is a gem.

You can bet your balls that if 10% of Israelis left their country due to internal changes and policies, Israel will most surely fix something.

And bomb palestine
    So one minute ago you didn't even understand what I was saying by that, Evidenced here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post21086859

And now you come at me with politics, Get the fuck out lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    So one minute ago you didn't even understand what I was saying by that, Evidenced here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post21086859

And now you come at me with politics, Get the fuck out lol
    Want to link the post after when I told you the very same thing?

Politics? It was a joke you loaf.

Hold one let me do that for you, Sherlock

"If Israel lost 10% of its population in 3 months they'd be going crazy what the hell you on about"

It's not like I don't understand. It's that it's so silly that is hard to comprehend the magnitude of it.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-05-10 at 08:03 PM.

Flying mounts are not the problem. We had Flying mounts at the end of BC and the game kept growing through the middle of Wrath.

It's pretty simple, IMO, why WoW is dying. It's an old game with a subscription cost in an age of new games that are free to play.

Why would anyone who's not already addicted to WoW opt to pay $15 a month when they can play a F2P game that's newer?

Instead of removing QoL features which have been in the game for years and are staples of the genre, how about we make some real incentive changes. Blizz seems to forget that they have total control over what players do in the game. They always say: "players will follow the path of least resistance" which is probably true, but made harmful when the paths are so disparate in their relative value.

For example, why would anyone participate in world PVP when it is infinitely more effective to queue for BGs? You think removing flying mounts will make people engage in world PVP.... not on your life. World PVP is a waste of time and will continue to be a waste of time even if they removed flying mounts or teleports, for all but that small group of people who enjoy ganking. There just isn't enough of a reward for it and most people don't think it is all that fun (or have forgotten how fun it can be).

A real solution is to design a game that provides an incentive for players to play how they want. They say they want players to play how they want, but they designed a system that has forced basically everyone to play the same way. It is doubly bad that that "same way" is pretty much on their own, in a city, in a queue not out in the world.

Also can we talk a minute about how patched together this game feels these days: one bandaid on top of another, on top of another... GC is the worst thing to ever happen to WoW.