[Fire] Why is my DPS so low?

Hi

I would just like to have some advise on my playstyle. I do always have the feeling that I do a lot more damage with Frost. I recently got 4p T15 and gave Fire another chance, but I just can't put out good numbers with Fire (at least that's my feeling). Here are logs from our Megaera kill last night:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=6460&e=6831 (I have to add that I saved combustion for the Fire had, because of the debuff - had to run 2-3 so not that much)

This is my character:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...%A1rlon/simple

My usual rotation:
    - keep NT up
    - Use Fireball till heating up procs
    - Hit Inferno Blast
    - Wait for another heating up
    - Pull Pyro
    - Fireball till there is another heating up proc or Inferno Blast is off CD - throw out next Pyro
    - After hitting instant pyro I always cast a Fireball when not fishing for a big ignite

I don't have any clue what I could be doing better, but I feel that for my gear the damage pretty much sucks.

Hope anybody can give me some improvements. I'm afraid that Frost will not be viable 530+ so I will have to go Fire. But if I do suck totally at this spec I'm a bit lost -.-

Thanks!

If you have any further questions just ask

Best,
    Reflection

127k on Maegera 10N is not low by any means. I can't read German and the translator seems to be bugging out on me, so I can't really go into much depth, but what you are doing is the optimal Fire rotation and as long as you are executing it exactly as you say, you should be fine. Just a few notes though;

- Crit RNG can make Fire dps sway to pretty major ends of the spectrum, some fights you may do +/-30k just based on crit RNG alone.
    - Fire is probably the worst benefiting caster spec with the legendary meta, expect others to pull ahead of you significantly because of their greater benefit.
    - Taking Incanter's Ward over Invocation for fights like Megaera with predictable damage and reliable combustion during the buff window can be a pretty nice dps increase.

EDIT: After looking at some of your other boss kills, your dps is pretty much what you would expect from a Fire Mage with your gear running 10N, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2013-05-10 at 08:18 AM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Ah ok That doesn't sound too bad. Cause sometimes I'm looking at those crazy numbers at world of logs and I'm wondering how they are possible. During the last Tier I managed to be in the top 100 at least on some boss fights. But this tier is totally fucked up -.- but maybe they also have a problem over there at worldoflogs because some numbers are just really insane. I also agree that Fire is super RNG dependent. I will stick with it for a few IDs now and see how it will play out.

I know that the meta gem kind of sucks for Fire and you have to be super lucky to line it up with combustion (what obviously rocks ).

The only thing I like about Fire is that you are super mobile.

You said you were looking at the other bosses. Don't look on Tortos because there I am on kick duty and in most cases my damage is pretty low because I have to focus on kicking the turtles. I know it could be better, but usually I play safe

Also running with a rogue + warrior (both with legendary meta i assume) on Megeara normal where melee basically sleep dps, it's a given you will look bad next to them. But really you shouldn't worry too much, your dps is even fine for several heroic modes.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

We are 1/13 HM. So we already started heroics. It's not about that we have too low DPS, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my playstyle. That's why I also created weak auras for all of my important procs and stuff And as Frost I usually can keep up with our rogue. Usually we are the ones who are duelling on the DPS meter. But I can't pull that numbers with Fire. So maybe this is just a training issue. That's why I said I will try it for a few IDs to get used to Fire.

Deleted
    Maegera is a horrible fight for fire and you shouldn't feel bad for pulling 130kish it's a pretty decent number for you. Just 1 thing I noticed with how you said you execute your rotation,

After you have Pyroblast!+heating up do you just press pyroblast or do you fireball->pyroblast? If you don't do the latter you should, that's the whole point as to why you save the heating up beacuse it gives you a higher chance of converting it into the next pyroblast.

What I do is:
    1. I get my first instand pyro
    2. cast fireball
    3. cast next fireball (hear the heating up should pop up of number 2 critting)
    4. hit instant pyro -> fireball instant instant pyro nearly flying synchronously into the boss

So I assume my rotation is correct

I was just a little disappointed. According to simcraft I should do like 180k DPS on a patchwork style fight. Megaera doesn't require a lot of movement so I thought that I should be at least be at 150k DPS or something like that.

I will just train a little bit more during the next boss fights and I'm sure I can push the numbers a little bit further

Maybe I'll can even get Cha Yes this ID
    Last edited by reflection; 2013-05-10 at 05:45 PM.

I wouldn't necessarily call Megaera a Patchwerk-style fight. Yes, there is limited movement, but there is also (on normal) a good deal of cumulative downtime when you add together the periods when the heads are submerged. Also, each individual head's limited uptime can result in DPS losses due to NT or Ignite or, God forbid, Combustion not ticking for their full durations. And as long as you aren't scumbagging by NTing the other head each time, Fire's DPS will never be stellar on this fight compared to others'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    What I do is:
    1. I get my first instand pyro
    2. cast fireball
    3. cast next fireball (hear the heating up should pop up of number 2 critting)
    4. hit instant pyro -> fireball instant instant pyro nearly flying synchronously into the boss

So I assume my rotation is correct

I was just a little disappointed. According to simcraft I should do like 180k DPS on a patchwork style fight. Megaera doesn't require a lot of movement so I thought that I should be at least be at 150k DPS or something like that.

I will just train a little bit more during the next boss fights and I'm sure I can push the numbers a little bit further

Maybe I'll can even get Cha Yes this ID
    Tbh maegera is far from patchwerk, I ranked 4 or 5 last week I think and I had 175k dps so it's a very bad fight for fire compared to other fights!

But you at least had lad 170k DPS Was it a very lucky try in your eyes? Or just played very well?

But you at least had lad 170k DPS Was it a very lucky try in your eyes? Or just played very well?
    To get such high parses like that you either have to be incredibly lucky (playing well is a factor of course, but we all push the same buttons and you can't squeeze out 40k more dps with minuscule timing improvements), or play the fight specifically with ranking in mind, e.g. get fed damage buffs from your raid, have dots running on both active heads, and any other thing you can do to get bigger numbers but are largely irrelevant in the fight itself.

Also, he is 530 ilvl with heroic weapon and trinket, so that's a decent increase from yours by itself.

Deleted
    It wasn't a very lucky try imo, it was just a try where I played well enough and didn't get chain targeted by beams, I probably had a few. I did about the same result this week (170k-ish) but kill was flagged as invalid I think so it's not really luck to be honest and we are not trying to get people ranked since we are still progressing and thus we just focus on clearing quickly. Ofcourse I'm trying to get ranks by playing as good as I can though but I'm not padding (NT on other heads etc).

Of course you should not cheat on your guild mates by doing damage on irrelevant heads I always blame people in my guild if I detect such behvior. Nobody does that on progression bosses of course. But I even hate it on farm bosses, at least in the tricky phases (e.g. dotting up the priestess as long as Sul lives on Council).

Currently I'm playing arround with Simcraft and I can't get to those numbers. Regarding rotation: Would you always recommend if you have an instant pyro to wait for heating up? Or would you just recommend during infernoblasts CD. I tried both versions for about 5 minutes now. In my tries it was better to always wait for another heating before pushing the pyro together with a Fireball. I would only push the Pyro without a heating up proc in case it would run out because of a very unlucky streak with no crits.

Any recommendations here?

Deleted
    Of course you should not cheat on your guild mates by doing damage on irrelevant heads I always blame people in my guild if I detect such behvior. Nobody does that on progression bosses of course. But I even hate it on farm bosses, at least in the tricky phases (e.g. dotting up the priestess as long as Sul lives on Council).

Currently I'm playing arround with Simcraft and I can't get to those numbers. Regarding rotation: Would you always recommend if you have an instant pyro to wait for heating up? Or would you just recommend during infernoblasts CD. I tried both versions for about 5 minutes now. In my tries it was better to always wait for another heating before pushing the pyro together with a Fireball. I would only push the Pyro without a heating up proc in case it would run out because of a very unlucky streak with no crits.

Any recommendations here?
    Yea just wait for the heating up in 9/10 occasions, ofcourse depends abit if you have all trinket procs up but soon expiring I might fire of the pyro just beacuse of the sheer power boost from procs or in the end of my Wushoolay (8+ stacks) I usually try to spam as many pyros as possible.

lets say I have heating up + pyroblast and 7/10 stacks on wush I will cast fireball->pyroblast->pyroblast->pyroblast if my crits allow me to and I found that alot of the times they actually do!