Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP Gear Useless in the World PVP in 5.3?

Well, that, with the new changes, the PVP gear will be completely useless in the World PVP? World PVP is the domain of the PVE players?

Atm yes, patch isn't live though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

pvp gear will still be better then everything short of heroic gear in world pvp

I would think that PVPing more often would make you a better player, but you have a point if PVPers are getting heroic gear and if that's the case, they just play a lot more then. It's not much of an issue otherwise.

not really.

it will just be harder to blow up people in pve gear.

but then do people really expect fairness in world pvp?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

It's far from useless. Only heroic PVE gear will give an edge and it's very unlikely you'll run into full heroic decked out players out in the world.

Not that world PVP was ever (and will ever be) balanced.

How come hc gear is better than pvp in the world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Base resilience from 40% upped to 65%. Way better stats on pve gear except for the lack of pvppower. But pvppower got a huge nerf so higher ilvl pve gear > 498 ilvl pvpgear. And last bust not least, in world pvp ilvl's are not being toned down to ilvl 498 like it is in arena and rbg's.

I'm not a raider but I like how they not make raiders useless in world pvp environment. Altough full pvpgear should still beat heroic raid gear in my oppinion.

Why shouldn't it be?

Personally, I don't think it's as big a deal as most PVP gear QQers are making it. Considering PVP power isn't budgeted in the item level and is better then your primary stat to increase your damage (even after the 5.3 nerfs).

My only guess is that the QQers are really upset that PVE players not have a more equal footing versus getting completely stomped pre-5.3 regardless of gear. A random battle ground afker could easily defeat a heroic raid PVEer simply due to gear. PVP gear is best in PVP instances. PVE is best in PVE instances. Either set should allow you to be competitive in chance world meetings.

Well, I am raider myself and haven't touched pvp since the start of mop, so being able to do pvp without getting into bgs to die a gazzilion times because of the lack of pvp gear is refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am raider myself and haven't touched pvp since the start of mop, so being able to do pvp without getting into bgs to die a gazzilion times because of the lack of pvp gear is refreshing.
    You'll still be hit by ridiculous amounts in wPvP though. Even if you have 600k hp from PvE gear and 400k from PvP gear, the person with PvP gear will still be doing at least perhaps 40% more damage than you will do (comparing gain of primary stats from pve gear versus pvp power here).

I reckon a PvE player with PvP weapon will be most dangerous next patch :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Why shouldn't it be?

Personally, I don't think it's as big a deal as most PVP gear QQers are making it. Considering PVP power isn't budgeted in the item level and is better then your primary stat to increase your damage (even after the 5.3 nerfs).

My only guess is that the QQers are really upset that PVE players not have a more equal footing versus getting completely stomped pre-5.3 regardless of gear. A random battle ground afker could easily defeat a heroic raid PVEer simply due to gear. PVP gear is best in PVP instances. PVE is best in PVE instances. Either set should allow you to be competitive in chance world meetings.
    Don't underestimate how strong primary stats are compared to PvP power. Rogues have been stacking agility in order to do more damage due to the 30% increased agility bonus sublety gets (or 20%, idk). Same goes for DKs this patch. Some DKs, most known; Zukgee, have been stacking strength to boost necrotic absorption to ridiculous amounts.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-05-11 at 08:00 AM.

PVE heros will dominate World PVP. Blizzard insists conquest gear will trump valor, but I can't possibly see how this can the case. Top notch PVE will provide higher stamina, better secondary stats and dmg boosting set bonus while PVP gear will only provide PVP Power. There is no scaling down of gear like they plan to do in BGs, Rbgs and arena and resilience is a baseline stat. This is the dumbest fucking at the worst possible time for Blizzard to do this. It's almost like the developers haven't played WOW since BC and don't know their own game.

Your complaining that you can't be a faggot in full pvp gear getting free hk's off people doing daily's? lmao

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-11 at 08:49 AM.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    PVE heros will dominate World PVP. Blizzard insists conquest gear will trump valor, but I can't possibly see how this can the case. Top notch PVE will provide higher stamina, better secondary stats and dmg boosting set bonus while PVP gear will only provide PVP Power. There is no scaling down of gear like they plan to do in BGs, Rbgs and arena and resilience is a baseline stat. This is the dumbest fucking at the worst possible time for Blizzard to do this. It's almost like the developers haven't played WOW since BC and don't know their own game.
    What PvP gear are you speaking of here specifically? the high rated stuff?

It's already been said that it will only be the end-game gear from PvE that will be dominant over PvP gear, but how many people do you see running around in full heroic raid gear these days compared to the high end PvP gear? I personally still think you will have force of numbers, which is essentially what world PvP is.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

You mean pvpers can't simply outgear other people, and the actually might show that they can pvp ? Shocking. Terrible. Worst change in wow history, EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    ^ This.

Stupidest damn thing Blizz has ever done, as far as pvp is concerned. They are so out of touch it's unreal.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    You mean pvpers can't simply outgear other people, and the actually might show that they can pvp ? Shocking. Terrible. Worst change in wow history, EVER.
    How would you like it if people in top arena gear were outperforming heroic raiders in Pve content?

It's the same thing. Please get some perspective before you throw stones.

If all you do is pvp, play another game where the focus is pvp. Wow's a raiding game, get over it. Gear obtained from doing 20 5 minute games a week shouldn't trump gear obtained from raiding 20 hours a week. As far as time invested goes, pvp gear should be worse than lfr gear. Get some perspective before you throw stones and enjoy the fact your still proportionally getting more shit with less time invested.

here comes the herp derp im 2400 i know im not in the top 5% of the few hundred thousand pvpers, but im clearly better than the top 1% of the few million raiders.
    Last edited by Wycked; 2013-05-11 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    How would you like it if people in top arena gear were outperforming heroic raiders in Pve content?

It's the same thing. Please get some perspective before you throw stones.
    Why would a heroic raider care if someone in full tyrannical can do his dailies slightly faster?

A heroic raider is not going to outperform someone in full PvP gear where it matters, in battlegrounds and arena in the same way a PvPer is not going to outperform a raider where it matters, in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    If all you do is pvp, play another game where the focus is pvp. Wow's a raiding game, get over it. Gear obtained from doing 20 5 minute games a week shouldn't trump gear obtained from raiding 20 hours a week. As far as time invested goes, pvp gear should be worse than lfr gear. Get some perspective before you throw stones and enjoy the fact your still proportionally getting more shit with less time invested.

here comes the herp derp im 2400 i know im not in the top 5% of the few hundred thousand pvpers, but im clearly better than the top 1% of the top few million raiders.
    Not about time invested. It's about pursuing a specific avenue of play and being able to compete.

PvE gear should be better for PvE. PvP gear should be better for PvP.

I don't expect to walk into raids and do top dps in my pvp gear. As a compromise, pve gear shouldn't trump pvp gear in pvp gameplay.

Like it or not, PvP is a HUGE part of this game. Battlegrounds, Arena, Rated BGs. Whole tournaments are based on it. There's even an arena only tournament server every so often so people can compete. Telling me and other pvp players to 'go play something else' is extremely childish and narrow minded.

One whole server up a couple times a year for pvper's...sounds like a huge part of this game. YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME? clearly childish and narrowminded. Why should i change games to one better suited for what i want to do, THE GAME WITH 8 MILLION PLAYERS SHOULD CHANGE FOR ME