Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    everything snipes rdruid

but if the difference is huge, then he's probably pretty average

Deleted
    suprised that you still are 3 healing so many of the fights on normal. Also on some fight he's doing over 40% healing to a single tank, by doing that he allows you to look good on the meters. Less worrying about the meters, more worrying on keeping stuff alive, would generally be a good thing for a lot of healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crealophus View Post
    suprised that you still are 3 healing so many of the fights on normal. Also on some fight he's doing over 40% healing to a single tank, by doing that he allows you to look good on the meters. Less worrying about the meters, more worrying on keeping stuff alive, would generally be a good thing for a lot of healers.
    I was suggesting 2-man healing since we started normals tbh.

Also, as a monk, I think it is inevitable to top the raid off with uplifts, cause if you don't uplift during raid damage, well, you are bad xD.

But yes, I've noticed that me healing the tank(s) is rare: I just throw my occasional Enveloping and Cocoon on them or even sooth them when no one else is taking or is about to take dmg. Maybe, that's because I see him cast nourish SO MUCH, but even then he should be refreshing LB via casting LB again on the last second, shouldn't he?

I also honestly didn't think that he was focusing on the tank, as this is "bad" as a druid (plus we have a shaman for that) and also that extensive use of nourish (which I sometimes see cast on me, and I am like "the fuck?") made me go nuts in the first place.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I will have a conversation with him and tell him to focus healing the raid more. I will also tell the shaman to focus on healing tanks more and will also suggest to 2-man heal the raid, since I am noticing that my 2nd uplifts are half-effective and I blame the shaman for that xD We have a friendly competition going.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-05-11 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I was suggesting 2-man healing since we started normals tbh.

Also, as a monk, I think it is inevitable to top the raid off with uplifts, cause if you don't uplift during raid damage, well, you are bad xD.

But yes, I've noticed that me healing the tank(s) is rare: I just throw my occasional Enveloping and Cocoon on them or even sooth them when no one else is taking or is about to take dmg. Maybe, that's because I see him cast nourish SO MUCH, but even then he should be refreshing LB via casting LB again on the last second, shouldn't he?

I also honestly didn't think that he was focusing on the tank, as this is "bad" as a druid (plus we have a shaman for that) and also that extensive use of nourish (which I sometimes see cast on me, and I am like "the fuck?") made me go nuts in the first place.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I will have a conversation with him and tell him to focus healing the raid more. I will also tell the shaman to focus on healing tanks more and will also suggest to 2-man heal the raid, since I am noticing that my 2nd uplifts are half-effective and I blame the shaman for that xD We have a friendly competition going.
    Actually, with your comp, him focusing on the tank is not "bad" at all. Not in any comp too be honest, IMO Druids are only second to Paladins when it comes to tank healing, but no worse than any other class and arguably better.

The only reason I might agree with your Shaman having the main role of tank healer, and not the Druid, is only due to lack of any reason to attempt raid healing in your comp. The Shaman's focus should be tank healing, melee healing, and then bursting at any point stacking is possible (or with CD's).

As for refreshing LB, using direct casts is fine, but his nourish use seems a bit over the top. I expect more CC regrowth casts to be mixed in there, nourish only during minor tank damage. LB to refresh is not mandatory, and direct heals are actually preferred at time, but this decision takes feel and depends on tank damage.

Anyway, I would have your Shaman focus a bit more on tanks, and your Druid a bit less, but not really take your druid off of them. Honestly, with a Mistweaver, there is less reason for the Druid to be on raid anyway, and if anything he should be split role. That is where we excel anyway, maintaining strong tank heals simultaneously with raid healing is one of our strengths. He seems to be doing this, just not balanced perfectly. In terms of raid healing, his strength with you in the raid is being able to target hots on debuffs and critical targets, but you will be able to have more overall throughput and burst than him, and should lead the "meters" much of the time. Though, he should be very close (or ahead) on some fights if he learns how to do the split role thing I mentioned above, as thats where 10-man HPS will soar for a Druid. Being able to keep tanks up while maintaining rejuvs/WG on the raid, with properly used swift-mends, is what sets good from bad Druids apart.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-05-12 at 06:50 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Could you elaborate on what exactly is a properly used shiftmend? (I also have a druid). With examples and such, if possible. I am really interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Could you elaborate on what exactly is a properly used shiftmend? (I also have a druid). With examples and such, if possible. I am really interested!
    #1 You want to use on cooldown (especially if you have SoTF talent)
    #2 You want to use it on someone with at least 2 nearby targets to maximize the aoe heal (melee dps are often a good choice)
    #3 You want to use it on a target that will benefit from a fair potion of the direct heal (tanks are often a solid choice)

#2 and #3 are often in opposition so you may sacrifice one benefit in favor of the other, but the key is #1. Its cheap, effective (either as moderate single target burst, or moderate aoe heals in a small area) - and powers SoTF if you use it.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-05-13 at 01:36 PM.