Poll: What should be done with Every Man for Himself?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's the best way to balance it, yes. But racials add flavour - games need to be tasty (also I may be hungry)!
    We can just give it different names and animations, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    EMFH was given a 5 min CD(3 min?) begin cataclysm I believe, and they quickly changed that.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-05-10 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    EMFH was given a 5 min CD(3 min?) begin cataclysm I believe, and they quickly changed that.
    Yeah, they bumped it to 3 minutes and people began complaining. Understandably so. At that point, you're almost forced to get a trinket and the racial becomes pointless. As it is, racials are dumb. The Alliance racials aside from EMFH are trash. The Horde racials (aoe stun, aoe silence, Orc and Troll DPS boosters, Orc stun reduction) are far more powerful. It makes more sense, in the name of balance, to get rid of them altogether. Just keep the racials that boost professions and don't have any effect on actual gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's time to go was years ago... In fact every racial should go. You should play a race because you like the looks not because you like the racial.
    this pretty much summed it up. tired of facing only undead,humans & orcs in pvp..

That's the best way to balance it, yes. But racials add flavour - games need to be tasty (also I may be hungry)!
    mayb they should b something less game changing like they are atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    So thinking about it lately (really didn't take much thought to begin with, but alas) a lot of a the ridiculous burst we see from some classes can be partially attributed to those classes having access to an extra damage trinket, be it an extra 4k Int/Str/Agi + 1300 PvP power, or simply some of the insane PvE trinkets available due to playing human. No other race has something as gamebreaking for PvP, though a close contender could be considered Undead's Will of the Forsaken.

While this game can be considered far from fair in some respects it would be nice for all races to be around a level playing field; some classes such as Druids and Shamans are restricted in that they have no choice but to play a race other than human; as they are restricted to 4 races.

I'm not saying this racial is gamebreaking, but I would think a decent portion of the PvP community would think this racial is a bit beyond what's available to the majority of other races in terms of PvP gameplay.

So to get down to it, and I definitely welcome discussion for any sway to the matter, what would you like done about this racial? Left alone? Removed and replaced? Given to everyone? Or simply reworked, maybe with a higher cooldown than standard Medallion trinkets for example.
    Yay, this thread again. Never fails that only this racial gets brought up and not Will of the Forsaken. Granted WotF doesn't break every CC, it does however give some flexibility with a trinket equipped as well as Forsaken having a second racial that periodically adds extra damage to attacks. Horde racials are primarily offensive and Alliance are primarily defensive. This complaint comes out all the time. Either kill all the racials, make them all defensive/offensive, or just eliminate CC trinkets and make the effect baseline for all players and give Human something else that can benefit in PvP and PvE.

It's time to go was years ago... In fact every racial should go. You should play a race because you like the looks not because you like the racial.
    Wholeheartedly agree on racials needing to go. I think part of faction imbalance stems back to Horde racials being offensive DPS increases for PvE.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think racials are interesting, I think EMFH is a bit OP - less so since some of the changes in trinket design - but I think that the entire racial system needs an overhaul.

lilke others have said - give every race a version of EMFH - that works well in SW:TOR

Rehash all other racials. but keep them simliar and more on par. ike someone else said - a tier system could work well.

I think goblins are a good example of a solid collection of racials, they have a movement racial, and damage racial and then flavour racials - proffs and bartering etc

Night Elves work quite well, shadowmeld and 2% miss chance - very defensive, but pretty solid.

Orcs and Trolls possibly need to be toned down a bit to be more balanced with other races - or alternatively bring everyone else up to match.

Importantly I do think as an RPG, races should be more than just a model change, there needs to be a game play difference between them - it just needs to be balanced around pvp, as largely in pve there isn't a huge difference between races when numbers are that big (unless you're a troll fighiing an animal boss =p)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Not only that, but Alliance players have the choice to be Night Elves - which are the prettiest race of them all (followed by Space Goats).
    Sorry..but while NE are attractive in concept art, they look like clowns in-game -- especially the females.

looks like most people play a human

Deleted
    This is what I've always been thinking. Why force players to pick a race based on stats and not what they enjoy, just seems wrong to me.

Personally, I think they should give everyone a trinket style ability (such as in SW:TOR) and give humans something different to compensate (DPS bonus gogo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter what your character looks like anyway? Just play a human if you think it has the advantage. PvP isn't about your obsession over your character anyway. The character you play as is just a mere tool to help you win, why does it even matter what it looks like? That type of mentality is reserved for RP and PvE heroes.

Keep EMFH as is. It's practically the only reason why people pvp on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Racials shouldn't be removed, they add a lot to the game (including Arena). It's like an extra talent point that players can pick - adds more to comp/class/talent diversity etc. It would be interesting if you could pick or change your racial though (not all the time). My Druid would love WotF or EMFH.

I'm not going to argue whether EMFH is balanced or not for PvP in general, but there is definitely an argument to be made whether it is overtuned in comparison to other alliance racials.

An interesting fix would be making EMFH behave identically to WotF, in that, they don't share a cooldown with PvP trinket - but using one incurs a small cooldown on the other (So you cant trinket twice in a row). Obviously EMFH would have to be a longer cooldown than WotF, as WotF doesn't break all CC, but I think something like this could work.
    I agree with this.

I really don't think removing racials will make the game better, and it just makes things bland.

I think EMFH should be changed because it is just too good for PvP in comparison to other alliance racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    I think EMFH should be changed because it is just too good for PvP in comparison to other alliance racials.
    Honestly I think this says more to the effect that Alliance racials are pretty poor in general and not how overpowered EMFH is in PvP. Even the difference between Worgen and Goblin racial packages added in Cataclysm are pretty stark in my opinion with the Goblin racial package being extremely nice and the Worgen being a little lackluster. Even Forsaken got an update providing an offensive random extra damage effect added to their racial package. All the racials need a re-tune or just get rid of them all together.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Yes, because it became completly and utterly pointless. People had to wear an insignia anyway and it shared a 100% cd with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Night Elves work quite well, shadowmeld and 2% miss chance - very defensive, but pretty solid.
    A 2% chance is, meh at the very best and Shadowmeld is useless in rated play since it stopped taking you out of combat and you can't interrupt a cast with it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I feel like all the racials should go. But for the human one - yes. It should of been gone. Pre-MoP I remember Blizzard actually talking about removing it. So why didn't they? It gives an unfair advantage really.

But aside from balance look at the game as a whole. Most Alliance in a battleground are all human. It's boring.
    Blizzard only ever talked about removing perception, which they did. The reason allmost all Alliance play humans if they're interested in PvP is that there is simply no alternative for them. They have exactly ONE viable PvP racial so any class that can be human should be human.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
    You can't only balance EMFH around "other Alliance racials" you'd have to take ALL racials both Alliance and Horde into comparison and compared to for example Orc with 25% stun reduction and an build in dmg trinket EMFH is far from too good.

The problem is that almost all racials of the Alliance are useless in PvP except for one and pretty much all of them are utterly useless in PvE. There is a reason why nowadays nearly all progress raiding guilds are Horde.

Deleted
    i just loled reading this, so no race should be different in any way expect looks, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Haziza View Post
    i just loled reading this, so no race should be different in any way expect looks, hahaha

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...40656798330880

I just thought i put that in there.

This was the same case back in vanilla. Mostly everyone chose their main because of how racials scaled in terms power (humans with invis detection, OP wotf, etc).

I'd wish they do away with these ridiculous powerful racials that are OBVIOUSLY more OP than the next. Why wouldn't you want to roll human for raiding, questing, or pvp? You get a free trinket slot no matter what.

Like GC said, people should roll a race because of the lore and because they like the race for its uniqueness and aesthetics, NOT because it can faceroll other players.

By all means, have racials. Just make sure they don't out shine others by a huge factor that makes it nearly a necessity to roll that race in comparison to others.
    Last edited by TidesOfBlood; 2013-05-11 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The Alliance racials aside from EMFH are trash.
    Clearly spoken by someone who knows nothing. Shadowmeld and Stoneform are amazing.

Deleted
    Well if some people are so stupid that they play a race for just a radical who the hell cares? Its people like that that makes this game more boring.

If they change EMfH then they need to nerf thw Undead/Orc racials coz they're just as OP IMO.

Deleted
    Sure, take the only good Alliance racial.