Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Make you eligible tooget loot from LFR multiple times

Im running Heart of Fear for second time for this week (got greater charm to use) and got a idea, why doesnt blizzard make us eligible too get loot from LFR countless times?
    Im not thinking all LFR, just "previous" tiers.

So ToT LFR should be as it is now, but MSV, Fear and Terrace could be endless. That would us be able to farm LFR gear (not for cúrrent tier) wouldnt make a diffrent for real raiders etc.
    But would help gearing alts faster (less need for pvp gear too boost ilvl) etc.
    And maybe get que times better in LFR

Still be able to get bonus roll with charms too (so if you have charms, even more chance for loots)

So whats your opinion in this?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Im running Heart of Fear for second time for this week (got greater charm to use) and got a idea, why doesnt blizzard make us eligible too get loot from LFR countless times?
    Im not thinking all LFR, just "previous" tiers.

So ToT LFR should be as it is now, but MSV, Fear and Terrace could be endless. That would us be able to farm LFR gear (not for cúrrent tier) wouldnt make a diffrent for real raiders etc.
    But would help gearing alts faster (less need for pvp gear too boost ilvl) etc.
    And maybe get que times better in LFR

Still be able to get bonus roll with charms too (so if you have charms, even more chance for loots)

So whats your opinion in this?
    It will destroy the enchanting market for one. There is already an over abundances of Sha Crystals even with once a week of looting per boss.

However, I won't mind if they let us roll multiple coins per kill so I don't have to re-run the place again and again just to use coins - at least implement it for DPS, it can only improve queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    It will destroy the enchanting market for one. There is already an over abundances of Sha Crystals even with once a week of looting per boss.

However, I won't mind if they let us roll multiple coins per kill so I don't have to re-run the place again and again just to use coins - at least implement it for DPS, it can only improve queue times.
    Didnt think of the Sha Crystals... Good point. And its not a good way to make it "none-disenchantable" either maybe. Would be cry-baby's for that too =/

Ya use multiple coins in one run would be cool too see too Kinda boring to run same "3-bosses part" for 1 drop etc
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Because players will burn their face against LFR until they have everything they need from it and then never touch it again.

This would make participation unbearably low for non-top-tier LFR (more than it already is).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Technically since you can use 20 bonus rolls each week it's already destroying the market lol

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, i think something certainly needs to be done. just not sure what. i am just getting flooded with RNG. there is simply too much of it. its out of control. im not saying RNG has no place in the game, but it needs to be balanced more.

having said that, if they want to keep RNG so crazy, then yah we should get to run LFR multiple times. maybe not "countless" but definitely more then once. its a clear path of progression for some players. before LFR, raiders had to deal with super bad luck. now that many more players are getting a taste of that same bad luck, we have tons of upset people.

how many people have killed 30 bosses with zero loot? how many people have killed 30 bosses, and used coins of fortune, and got zero loot? you hear about it much more now thanks to LFR giving more people the chance to see how raiders dealt with loot before LFR came out.

i heard about bad luck protection agency coming in 5.3 and i hope it really works. but they said they changed fail bags as well as increased drop rates in old LFR's yet, my luck is still horrible. ive gotten one single item on my alt from ToT LFR. how long has it been out? exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Technically since you can use 20 bonus rolls each week it's already destroying the market lol
    I know. ><

But at least it's still capped.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    tbh, i think something certainly needs to be done. just not sure what. i am just getting flooded with RNG. there is simply too much of it. its out of control. im not saying RNG has no place in the game, but it needs to be balanced more.

having said that, if they want to keep RNG so crazy, then yah we should get to run LFR multiple times. maybe not "countless" but definitely more then once. its a clear path of progression for some players. before LFR, raiders had to deal with super bad luck. now that many more players are getting a tase of that same bad luck, we have tons of upset people.

how many people have killed 30 bosses with zero loot? how many people have killed 30 bosses, and used coins of fortune, and got zero loot? you hear about it much more now thanks to LFR giving more people the chance to see how raiders dealt with loot before LFR came out.

i heard about bad luck protection agency coming in 5.3 and i hope it really works. but they said they changed fail bags as well as increased drop rates in old LFR's yet, my luck is still horrible. ive gotten one single item on my alt from ToT LFR. how long has it been out? exactly.
    WoW needs a form non-RNG character advancement. This way RNG gear can just be the bonus.

I know. ><

But at least it's still capped.
    Its not capped? Who says you cant run more then 20 bonus roll?
    Have 20 charms from start, use it all up. Run the Treasure Run, get charms + new key. Run it again (charm + new key) you "could" get endless of keys in same week and therefore endless charms

10+ Year Old Account
    how many people have killed 30 bosses with zero loot?
    (1-0.16)^30 = 0.5% of the LFR player base.
    how many people have killed 30 bosses, and used coins of fortune, and got zero loot?
    ((1-0.16)*(1-0.16))^30 = 0.0028% of the LFR player base.

Why do we hear about them all the time? Because no-one spams the forums because they get 2 pieces of loot every Throne of Thunder LFR clear.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not capped? Who says you cant run more then 20 bonus roll?
    Have 20 charms from start, use it all up. Run the Treasure Run, get charms + new key. Run it again (charm + new key) you "could" get endless of keys in same week and therefore endless charms
    Keys are in short supply. One from mob drops and maybe one from chests (rare).

Most people will only get one run a week.

Keys are in short supply. One from mob drops and maybe one from chests (rare).

Most people will only get one run a week.
    Yes I can aggre with they are in short supply, but if you are lucky you can get endless keys (from chest inside the scenerio @ end) + You can get from daily chest. So 1, 2 or 3 keys per week if you are lucky. If you are more then lucky 5+ etc

i don't know about other lfr's but mine take like for ever and 3 days, even with 20 bonus rolls and endless going in again i doubt that it's a good way to get gold :P

well my twink went to all the lfrs with bonusrolls etc and i still have nowhere near the ilvl 480 that i need for Tot (and let's face it in tot drops are like winning the lottery)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I can aggre with they are in short supply, but if you are lucky you can get endless keys (from chest inside the scenerio @ end) + You can get from daily chest. So 1, 2 or 3 keys per week if you are lucky. If you are more then lucky 5+ etc
    Nope. Key to the trove is limited to one mob drop, one chest drop and maybe one bounty drop - the latter 2 being quite rare.

Blizzard isn't crazy. Each run can yield hundreds of gold, it will destroy the economy if the number of runs aren't capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    (1-0.16)^30 = 0.5% of the LFR player base.

((1-0.16)*(1-0.16))^30 = 0.0028% of the LFR player base.

Why do we hear about them all the time? Because no-one spams the forums because they get 2 pieces of loot every Throne of Thunder LFR clear.
    gotcha the vocal minority blah blah blah. it doesnt change the fact that more people are now getting to see what a small percentage has always had to deal with. and thats bad RNG. not only did we contend with hoping our item drops in the first place, but also that nobody outrolled/bid us for that item.

if LFR is gonna be an intrinsical part of the gearing process, and is to replace heroics, then it should be slightly faster paced at gearing then it currently is. it needs to be more alt friendly. i simply think RNG is out of control. and my hopes may actually be fixed with the intro of the BLPA.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-05-11 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Nope. Key to the trove is limited to one mob drop, one chest drop and maybe one bounty drop - the latter 2 being quite rare.

Blizzard isn't crazy. Each run can yield hundreds of gold, it will destroy the economy if the number of runs aren't capped.
    So you can only get 1 key from the quest reward "bags" each week? Didnt know that.
    Still you can get keys from the burial chest, that you get access to after you done the scenerio. Are keys from those chest capped too?

The real enchanting mat money doesn't come from the sha crystals, but the other stuff. The new ones are going for 6-8k on my server and the craftable items each need a ton of them. Sha crystals are only about 250g. I don't think the price would drop much lower than that, if people were allowed to spam run it ... and it would fall more in line with running old content to catch up to the new stuff.

This xpac is too gated as it is. I like the idea of people running old content to gear up; but I also like the idea of people getting up to speed in a week or two on an alt. I don't see a brand new player doing this, just like most new players don't level 1-90 in less than a week either. They take their time and enjoy the greater scope of the game more, they aren't tainted by 'end game progression' as much as the veterans with many years of playing under their belts.

I think if fights are challenging and fun ... then you don't need to gate older gear; which means the wrath model is the one that works best. Get into the new content, play your alts, etc. which is why I think their 'limit alts to limit alt profs' is douchey. Prof alts isn't why people don't interact as much ... people who don't want to interact, will spend the extra time to make it their self, or buy it from AH. Everyone else, does what they do, wait for someone to spam trade with their prof, or use trade to LF crafter.

in the end, blizz is gonna do what blizz is gonna do!

10+ Year Old Account
    gotcha the vocal minority blah blah blah. it doesnt change the fact that more people are now getting to see what a small percentage has always had to deal with. and thats bad RNG. not only did we contend with hoping our item drops in the first place, but also that nobody outrolled/bid us for that item.
    But, it's also counterbalanced with a 32% drop rate from the first set of LFR raids.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

WoW needs a form non-RNG character advancement. This way RNG gear can just be the bonus.
    Valor points.

Got my hunter alt from 465 itlv to 493 after 2 weeks of old + ToT lfr farming and 2 522 items from shadopan assault vendor - there is no need to speed up gearing up even further - all people who want multiple runs per week want is indeed to burn through them in 1 week and never touch them again - and this would kill the tool which is working very nicely atm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you can only get 1 key from the quest reward "bags" each week? Didnt know that.
    Still you can get keys from the burial chest, that you get access to after you done the scenerio. Are keys from those chest capped too?
    Only the epic keys are "capped".

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Valor points.
    Clashes with drops. But the chest piece, next week your tier chest drops ... Should have bought the pants. Doh.