Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Night Elf Mages ...

WHY?!

Don't mean to offend but why would anyone roll that combo? It looks so ... wrong.

Their casting animations look awkward too. It's oblivious they were designed with druids and priests, the more "defensive" casters, in mind.

Deleted
    Night Elf females look the best of all races IMO; even as a Mage.

Deleted
    And to me male Draenei as a whole look retarded and ugly as hell.

But some people like it, heck, it's their choice right ? Not worth a thread..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey if alliance can get Nefl mages then I want my god damn Belf Druids. Don't give me the "lol lore" excuse, they already f$cked up lore to the point where it doesn't matter anymore. I refuse to play the horde choices for druids. Tauren's current model is ugly as hell (although I love their druid forms), and the trolls have that bat flight form.........just no........
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I do agree, when I see a Night Elf Fire Mage, I die a bit on the inside. The male model is the worst, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    Night Elf females look the best of all races IMO; even as a Mage.
    Female Nelfs/Female Belfs have the best models in the game hands down. Only other race I play are pandaren for my shaman.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Plenty of reason why not, the only downside is the animations for male is considered a bit derpy. Female is fine however.

To be fair, I was considering rolling NElf. The only reason I didn't? Their SHIT racials. NElf has the worst racials (by far) for most DPS classes. AMAZING tanks, they are, GREAT stealthers they are, fucking worst DPS race, they definitely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Tauren's current model is ugly as hell (although I love their druid forms), and the trolls have that bat flight form.........just no........
    Problem solved: Roll Tauren, never leave form.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    Plenty of reason why not, the only downside is the animations for male is considered a bit derpy. Female is fine however.
    Because people pick Male NElf for caster classes (Druid excluded due to Moonkin and old Tree of Life forms).

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html if you want some proof. Click NElf and Male and look how TINY Priests and Mages are! They make up only 8.4% of all US NElf Males! This drops to 7.9% of all EU NElf Males! (Change the url's "US" to "EU" if you want the EU census instead)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-05-11 at 05:25 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Do you exist to irritate me mortal?

Night elves are the superior race.
    Why, and more importantly, how, when there are so much better choices (racial-and-animations-wise)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why, and more importantly, how, when there are so much better choices (racial-and-animations-wise)
    Because taste is personnal and doing 1 or 2% dps more is less important to some people than enjoying what you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Because taste is personnal and doing 1 or 2% dps more is less important to some people than enjoying what you are playing.
    Alright, and my tastes include Female Draeneis and Humans (both of which are a DPS boost and utility boost as well as my personal favorites), at least for the Alliance. I'm just curious why "Night elves are the superior race".

[Now if only I could go Horde and be a Troll... Best of both worlds: Min-maxing, AND races!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Alright, and my tastes include Female Draeneis and Humans (both of which are a DPS boost and utility boost as well as my personal favorites), at least for the Alliance. I'm just curious why "Night elves are the superior race".

[Now if only I could go Horde and be a Troll... Best of both worlds: Min-maxing, AND races!)
    My guess is he's just roleplaying a little , right Akraen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    My guess is he's just roleplaying a little , right Akraen ?
    Probably. I enjoy being the uninteresting race with a douchebag, uninteresting, passive, leader who was promised some glory and never got a scrap of it (and from the looks of it, won't in 5.3).

Granted, better than being a smelly elf as a Mage

To each his own, no? I like the looks, like the lore behind them and I prefer playing male characters, so I race-changed from human as soon as it became available and never looked back. Sure, Night Elf males may have too large noses, big hands and not exciting single-target cast animation, but to me they're still better than all other Alliance male races. Actually curious what updated models will bring.

I don't care much about min-maxing and I absolutely LOVE NE racial Shadowmeld, both in PVP and PVE! Dodge Chaosbolt despite silence ftw! =)

Because Shadowmeld is awesome?

Personally I don't care for the lore-bending behind night elf mages, but I love the race and their models.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think part of the reason it annoys me is because they are "too tall" - Trolls are the limit IMHO and only because they hunch over.

Mages being an "evasion" heavy class, seeing NEs (especially the males) evasion Blink just looks wrong - they make excellent Warriors and Rogues appearance-wise though.

Their two handed casting animation looks kind of messed up too. Partly because it looks like they are "calling upon a greater power" - which is great for Druids and Priests. But Mages projectile attacks are more like Hadokens where power is generated by the Mage then unleashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Hey if alliance can get Nefl mages then I want my god damn Belf Druids. Don't give me the "lol lore" excuse, they already f$cked up lore to the point where it doesn't matter anymore. I refuse to play the horde choices for druids. Tauren's current model is ugly as hell (although I love their druid forms), and the trolls have that bat flight form.........just no........
    I agree. I would loooove belf druid. It is the only class left for me to roll and I refuse bc I just don't dig Taurens or Trolls tbh.

On topic: Why is this a thread exactly? lol I haven't really noticed Nelf mage animations before, so maybe they are bad enough to post about lol.

Deleted
    Some people like other things than you do. That's the way this world works.

I don't like Night Elves either, but to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    they look 100x better than female humans, yet i see more of those :\
    dragonmaw - EU