Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Only real "fix" that's needed is Lei Shens loot table - needs to drop tier loot.

Other than that, Bliz needs to fix it so that you can SEE the loot others are getting again, AND ensure that there's always at least 3 in a 25man LFR that win loot. Part of the problem is the illusion (and sometimes reality) that the bosses didn't drop anything - only gold.
    What Tier piece do you want him to drop? Tier tokens drop on the last boss of each wing, except the Lei Shen wing, and 2 of the 3 drop tokens and he drops a tier weapon/offhand, trinket.... What exactly is the problem?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What Tier piece do you want him to drop? Tier tokens drop on the last boss of each wing, except the Lei Shen wing, and 2 of the 3 drop tokens and he drops a tier weapon/offhand, trinket.... What exactly is the problem?
    with luck by the time to getto him there's nothing of any use to u from his loot table

for example my main a ret who is progressing on iron quon normal only needs teir helm from lfr if it wasnt for the "chance" of a titan runestone from lie shen i'd drop grp after twins

same for my hunter except he needs 3 teir peices and a belt none of which drop from lie shen mabye let him drop somthing similar to the essance from alakir/ which can be traded for any teir slot to make his loot table appealing to every one

it only dropped fromm alakir but here it is http://www.wowhead.com/item=66998/es...of-the-forlorn
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-05-11 at 09:53 PM.

Loot is essentially fine how it is (or rather, how it will be once they eliminate bad luck streaks on coin rolls in 5.3). Only (minor) issue that's still a frustration is duplicate items. Might be nice to have a vendor that would trade your unwanted duplicate items for x number of Lesser Charms.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    . Might be nice to have a vendor that would trade your unwanted duplicate items for x number of Lesser Charms.
    idd i have 20 elder charms on all my toons from the troves i have nothing to do with them or even trade them in for extra runes for like 5 elder charms for 1 mogu

No need to do that, system is working fine. Only one thing I'd like to improve: let underperformers and AFKers get stacking decreased loot chances, something like that: someone does 2k dps on a boss, bam his current loot chances are divided by 20. Next boss he do 2k dps again - his loot chances divided by 20 again. And let those decreased chances stuck per account for a month, until people will start freaking at least hit the bosses with thier god damn autoattacks, because afking their way to loot is disgusting.
    And no, I'm not talking about people who do 40k dps when top dd does 180. I'm talking only about afking crowd. Tired of kicking that assholes.

Besides the bad luck insurance we are going to get, the only thing they need to make the LFR gear drops better is to severely reduce the chance of getting duplicate items. In a normal loot distribution system you arent going to roll for a chest piece or trinket you already have. Almost every boss has more than 2 things it drops for each class/spec and I still get the same thing over and over and very often I get doubles from the normal and bonus roll.

The rng fix will probably be good but without fixing the duplicate issue I can see being unlucky on the items I want leading to a 100% chance of getting something I already have on a later boss. It would sometimes be nice to be able to exclude yourself from loot from that boss and opt for a guaranteed bag since sometimes the loot is less than the gold in the bag and the bags have chances to have other stuff in them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the loot system is by and large pretty good.

The only thing I would like is some sort of buffer against really bad streaks of drops. If we surmise that the average raid tier is 6 months long, and use ToT as the example, that would mean 12 bosses per week multiplied by 24 weeks, which equals 288 drop chances. Now lets say that we allocate 2 pieces of gear as "guaranteed" in this time frame. Then let the bosses drop something like "Depleted fragment of the Thunder King". You would then need 144 fragments which you could then exchange for one piece of loot off any boss loot table for the tier. This would give you some hope of getting something that you really want in the event that it never drops in that raiding period but is not excessively handing out extra gear.

I would also apply this to all levels of raiding from LFR to heroic.

You should always have a greater chance of not getting an item than getting item. (Drop rate should never be over 50%)

But there are 2 changes I wouldn't mind seeing:
    1) You can buy weapon and off hands that are between LFR and Normal for valor points. 3,000 for 2 hander, 1,750 for main hand and 1,250 for off hand.
    2) You can trade 2 identical for a set amount of valor points (250-500) that don't count towards your weekly cap but can only be done once per weekly reset.

I think the system works fine and similar to normal raiding, weeks go by between upgrades at times and seeing the same loot drop every week is not uncommon either. People need to quit complaining.

RNG has always been a flawed and frustrating system, using anecdotes about ridiculous streaks from vanilla, bc, etc only strengthens the "F RNG" argument.

What's truly ridiculous is how long it has taken blizzard to finally add bad-streak protection. This system should be implemented for all raid difficulties to prevent situations where nothing useful drops for months. There is way too much exaggeration in these threads and it gets infuriating when people defend such a flawed system.

Do any of you defending RNG at all even remember how ridiculous it was in vanilla and bc? Legendary quest item RNG in vanilla? Dragonspine Trophy from bc anyone? Please stop using these arguments to defend RNG, all it does is strengthen how RNG should have been fixed long ago and how delusional blizzard has been about how well it has worked all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    LFR gives enough loot as it is and it gives valor points, which guarantee loot, I don't think it needs guaranteed loot on top of it lol (and you don't actually need any throne of thunder loot in there to clear any of the bosses).

There's another thread that said the LFR drops should be blue, I honestly think that would be a good idea (or make the loot a different color like brown), seems kinda weird that the place drops epics in the first place when the goal for LFR was so you could see all the content.
    There is no need for the colour adjustment.
    Someone else brought up about how "epic used to mean epic", but neglected to mention the likes of craftables/quest rewards.
    Also what about world drops ?

The colour has not been meaningful for a very long time.
    By that thinking any equipment you earn outside of its "current tier" should be downgraded in colour should it have been epic previously.
    What an utter mess that would make, where blues could be higher ilvl than epics and the changes necessary to implement it would be ridiculous.
    Having to add duplicates of every previous raid's loot in blues to replace the epics they previously dropped.
    Is that really what people want.

If you are judging someone by the colour of some text or a tooltip then you are doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is almost comical. Getting loot in this game has never been easier. They practically hand it to you once you cap and yet people still complain. I fear people wont be happy until we just get rid of Heroic raids and put gear vendors that sell top quality thunder-forged gear for a small amount of gold.

Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...