Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

RIP Fatboss Guides, Ye shall be missed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2Xc...em-uploademail

This is Horse shit. Everybody spam them with hate mail.

Just kidding. I'm gonna REALLY miss their guides, but I respect alex and lars a lot, so i hope what ever direction they chose to go in, it's better for them, and more enjoyable for every one around
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Another falls as well then. It's such a pity seeing people who are involved in WoW dissapear like that :S Can anyone point me to people making fun (and not only) videos for WoW? I need some entertainment :P

noooooo, they are my only source of wow guide

Thanks op, you just made my day even shittier.

Jk, but i really loved those guides. They had a "unique" feel to them, unlike let's say tankspot's guides. But in the end, i still understand why they did this.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    noooooo, they are my only source of wow guide
    There is always Vox Immortalis.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

kind of sad their guides were good but they really should have been tagged that they had a fairly high Ilevel.

Also the more people that help out at icy veins the faster the guides go out. I know that myself, I try to give them information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    There is always Vox Immortalis.
    Ahhh yeah! Thing is... I wouldn't watch them if I wouldn't be able to do it on my second monitor (and do something on the main one in the meantime). They just take too long.

I am very exited for their new content, and would love to have them as a gaming channel. I am sad to see their guides gone though; I hope they'll still make their "Raid in 60 sec" guide and such. Maybe just the endboss on hc for a guide? I would be sad to see them cut off for guides COMPLETELY! Or even better: make a "How to not kill X boss" guide. Not for every boss, but for some. I, personally, would like to see more of fun videos!

Oh and they should change their channelname! The Fatscast
    And then they should make a minecraft let's play. (I miss that game - windows 8 + drivers made it not work)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    kind of sad their guides were good but they really should have been tagged that they had a fairly high Ilevel.

Also the more people that help out at icy veins the faster the guides go out. I know that myself, I try to give them information.

I don't think I've ever been able to glean a useful thing from Icy Veins, not to sound pretentious or anything. The last guide I read from Icyveins basically featured a copy paste job from the dungeon journal.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched their videos and I don't even raid competitively. They were fun to watch and listen to. Hopefully they'll have some more varied content now.

Deleted
    oh no no more guides, god forbid you have to think for yourself in a game, its not the end of the world, i dnt have any help for PVP never have never will, just suck it up like PVPers have to suck up all the bad shit we get

I don't think I've ever been able to glean a useful thing from Icy Veins, not to sound pretentious or anything. The last guide I read from Icyveins basically featured a copy paste job from the dungeon journal.
    it's getting better. There are fourms ther eyouc an read about people discussing the tactics.

Fatboss guides are generally bad anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    oh no no more guides, god forbid you have to think for yourself in a game, its not the end of the world, i dnt have any help for PVP never have never will, just suck it up like PVPers have to suck up all the bad shit we get
    You should change your signature to read "Sha of bitterly Entitled".

PVP is just a little bit more straight forward than PVE. Hell, most of the time in PVP you can literally spam any button you want and do it effectively. Honestly, I wish there were more "How to battle ground" guides, or if they do exist, I wish EVERYBODY who sets foot in a battleground was forced to watch them first.

I mean, the rules are simple. Pointy end goes into the other man, capture the flag, get the points, steal the base. It's not complicated. Sure High level PVP is complicated, but all the information you need to do that is in a tool tip, the rest is in your player skill. For PVE it's different. You need analysis tools, and yes, procedural guides can be effective.

I'm happy for you that you don't need guides to PVP, some players I am sure would benefit from seeing a "Tips and tricks to pvp in 5.2 for [Yourclassgoeshere]". So just because you don't need them, doesn't mean they aren't useful.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Fatboss guides are generally bad anyway.
    Bad? Absolutely not. The best? Surely not. Not sure why you bothered to post, if all you wanted to do is bash them for their effort.

Deleted
    You should change your signature to read "Sha of bitterly Entitled".

PVP is just a little bit more straight forward than PVE. Hell, most of the time in PVP you can literally spam any button you want and do it effectively. Honestly, I wish there were more "How to battle ground" guides, or if they do exist, I wish EVERYBODY who sets foot in a battleground was forced to watch them first.

I mean, the rules are simple. Pointy end goes into the other man, capture the flag, get the points, steal the base. It's not complicated. Sure High level PVP is complicated, but all the information you need to do that is in a tool tip, the rest is in your player skill. For PVE it's different. You need analysis tools, and yes, procedural guides can be effective.

I'm happy for you that you don't need guides to PVP, some players I am sure would benefit from seeing a "Tips and tricks to pvp in 5.2 for [Yourclassgoeshere]". So just because you don't need them, doesn't mean they aren't useful.
    u dont need guides for PVE either cos its so damn easy if somethings hard PVE players cry to blizzard and they nerf the shit and dnt say do heroics cos not many guilds run heroic raids anymore, PVE is just button spamming fuck i went on a guild run to TOT 10 normal and i was eating my dinner whilst playing, rated PVP is alot harder than what PVE will ever be the hardest PVE was in classic and BC, wont be long before you PVE heroes want your own personal GM to give you OP buffs in raids n shit

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-05-12 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    u dont need guides for PVE either cos its so damn easy if somethings hard PVE players cry to blizzard and they nerf the shit and dnt say do heroics cos not many guilds run heroic raids anymore, PVE is just button spamming fuck i went on a guild run to TOT 10 normal and i was eating my dinner whilst playing, rated PVP is alot harder than what PVE will ever be the hardest PVE was in classic and BC, wont be long before you PVE heroes want your own personal GM to give you OP buffs in raids n shit

lol

What ever you say, dude.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Regardless of how you play or your progression, for the casual raiding community as a whole they were probably helpful.

Obviously a lot of us push content that does not have any guide available but to the ones who don't but still progress heroics, they surely will miss them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaizze View Post
    Regardless of how you play or your progression, for the casual raiding community as a whole they were probably helpful.

Obviously a lot of us push content that does not have any guide available but to the ones who don't but still progress heroics, they surely will miss them.
    Also the lfr community. They were basically the people who decided which tactics are being used in lfr; for example magaera and not killing blue.

EDIT: Derp.. I ment blue
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-05-11 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaizze View Post

only around 800-900 guilds in the west were pushing content faster than they were. No matter how much I disliked parts of their guides there normal mode guides got around 90k views which is helping a fair portion

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Also the lfr community. They were basically the people who decided which tactics are being used in lfr; for example magaera and not killing green.
    Except LFR demands you not kill blue.
    Signature Nazi's suck.