Contesting Infraction...

So I got infracted for using the word "religion" as a neutral descriptive term. Have since sent a PM to the mod in question with no reply for 4 days, sent Sunshine a PM and reply in about 4-5 days now (can't see sent PM's on my page so don't know date). I'm a bit at a loss here what to do to actually get a response to this as I find it totally unacceptable.

Especially when threads like this are allowed to exist and be moderated and posted in by moderators...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can post this for you in the appeals section for the mods to vote on, if you like.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I can post this for you in the appeals section for the mods to vote on, if you like.
    You could I suppose, sadly I can't see my sent items and as such I can't get what I posted to Sunshine which argues my case better, either way though I think the thread I linked being allowed is more than enough as an argument why my use of the word "religion" (note: not "religious people") doesn't warrant an infraction, and if it does then you really should change the rules to outright ban the word religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this for you with the information you gave- a moderator will send you a private message when we've reached a consensus. Hopefully you'll be able to see it.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I posted this for you with the information you gave- a moderator will send you a private message when we've reached a consensus. Hopefully you'll be able to see it.
    Thank you, and yeah I can receive messages just fine it's just the "Sent items" box that isn't working for me, never has.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    When you send a private message there are several tickboxes underneath the edit box. Simply tick the "save a copy" tickbox for the messages you want to save.

If you want to automatically save all sent messages you can go into general settings and set it to save all sent messages

(I'm just assuming this is the problem you're having, because it was the same for me a few years ago)
    Ahh that might be it, I'll have a look at i, cheers. Always found it strange that it didn't save them but never had enough use of the feature to investigate it further. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Ahh that might be it, I'll have a look at i, cheers. Always found it strange that it didn't save them but never had enough use of the feature to investigate it further. =)
    Saving sent messages is disabled by default

Go to Settings --> General Settings and look for this option:

Welcome to new mmo-champion, I know it sucks but nothing we can do.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been handled now.

For future, you can ask any moderator to open an infraction appeal; it doesn't have to be the one that infracted you. Usually we're quick about getting appeals up (although it may take a couple days to reach a decision since we have mods across all time zones), so this might have just been an unfortunate case of the PM being lost in the shuffle. Sorry about that!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    For the record, I took an unexpected, last-minute vacation for a week and I'm catching up on PMs. If there's anyone else whose PM I missed, please feel free to poke me again.